“Room not clean”
Review of Palm Hotel

Palm Hotel
Ranked #55 of 156 Hotels in Kusadasi
Reviewed March 28, 2012

Of the hotels we stayed in during our 2 week trip to Turkey this was my least favorite.

The room was small and the view of the water was less than awesome. The bathroom was the biggest issue - the soap had clearly been used and despite the tape around the toilet that's supposed indicate it's been cleaned, there was urine in the toilet when I lifted the lid.

We were there in March and the Turkish bath and spa that's advertised was not available. Wi-Fi did not reach our room (4th floor).

Breakfast and dinner were both included in our stay and were so-so. Nothing to write home about.

The location is okay - I wasn't a huge fan of Kusadasi - felt like Panama City, FL or something...but Pigeon Island is a fine way to spend an hour or so.

And if you manage to find it, HavaBesi is a bar and music club that offers great traditional turkish music that isn't touristy. About a 15 minute walk from Palm Hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 5, 2012

In years of traveling, including youth hostels and airport nights, this is singularly the WORST PLACE I HAVE EVER STAYED.

I was part of tour group that they placed on the fourth floor. I don't think anyone was on the other three floors in between. The towels and everything was covered in a thick layer of dust. The hallways were colder than the outside temperature. The room was even colder. I turned on the heat (ac unit in wall), and it blew dirty cold air. I checked with the front desk, and they sent someone who "showed" me how to work the heater. It still blew cold air. Repeated attempts to get heat were met with how I needed to be patient. Most of the rooms in our group heated up over a number of hours. Of course, if you leave the room, the heat has to go off. Plus, there is NO HEAT in the bathroom. No matter how warm the room gets, the bathroom is still colder than outside temps. My room NEVER got warm. I slept with all my clothes on, wrapped like a jelly roll in the blankets, and still shivered all night long.

The good news is by wearing all my clothes, I didn't come in contact with the cardboard sheets and cushioned myself from the hardest bed ever.

While living on the fourth floor, I had to repeated ask for the staff to turn on the lights in the stairwell. There were 20 of us on the fourth floor. I would ask for the lights, and then they would immediately turn them off after five minutes. The other option was the very small European elevator. I cannot believe that the hotel staff refused to provide stairwell lighting during our stay. This more than the heat infuriates me.

To be clear the hotel would have earned my lowest rating, but their refusal to respond to simple, obvious needs of guests was atrocious.

The hotel as a whole is tremendously rundown. The carpet in my room was so stained that I could not a find a place that had the original color. It was filthy. The walls were marred and the surfaces were dirty.

The amenities--pool, whirlpool, steamroom, sauna, and fitness center were not available. I can let the pool and whirlpool pass in January, but the fitness center, sauna, and steamroom were enclosed and still not open or available.

The food was for the most part inedible. The dessert selection was huge and edible. Other than that, only the salad was edible. The main dishes were simply vile. Breakfast was not much better.

This is absolutely not a four-star hotel. Never was and certainly hasn't been for quite sometime. The accommodations, the food, and the service were substandard, simply atrocious, not fit for human living.

Room Tip: Do not stay here!
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank LB6Travel
Reviewed November 4, 2011

Our tour company booked this hotel for us and we were excited to be able to stay in a 4-star hotel. We arrived at 10 PM in the evening hungry and tired after a long grueling day on buses and asked the reception staff if there were places we could grab dinner. The woman spoke the barest amount of English possible and couldn't even understand us even though we mimicked feeding ourselves with fake spoons to our mouths and motioning that we were hungry. All she could say was "dinner finished 9 o'clock". We came to discover the next day that there were restaurants open late just a few yards from the hotel. The hotel staff in general were not particularly friendly and catered only to the French people. The hotel also needs a major upgrade. The decor and furniture are stuck in the 80's at best. WiFi in this hotel was incredibly weak and would cut in and out frequently. The signal from the hotel across the street, Hotel Ozcelik, was stronger as it registered with 4 full bars on my iPad... from across the street! The food served at breakfast and dinner resembled and tasted like school cafeteria food. Two positives about this hotel: 1) Location 2) Mehmet, the guy who came and cleaned our room and made towel sculptures. We never met him, but his towel sculptures were amazing. My suggestion, book a room elsewhere.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 27, 2011

We chose this Hotel for its Location, which is in fact Great. After that . . .disaster. The service, Food and staff are all, ALL BAD!! I feel their training includes BAD ATTITUDE!! Their "Give -a-Damn" attitude is SUPERB! Their dinner service gets Cleared at 8.59 pm, TOO BAD if you did not even finish your meal you had started at 8.45pm. and Breakfast? Bare minimum till 7.45am, so what if our timings say 7 am. We are like this!! AND then the breakfast is also verrry verrry basic. NO eggs to order, NO choice of juice or Fruit or even Bread!!
Great location, decent hotel, NOW, if only the staff realised the guests pay their cheques!!!

Room Tip: IF you dont care for service and can tolerate bad attitude and frugal food, stay here. The Location...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Rene055
Reviewed July 25, 2011

I am not sure if it’s a kind of cultural difference, the rudeness of staff surprised me much. My last 2-night stayed (I had stayed at other 4 to 5 star hotels in Turkey in different areas for 8 days, no disappointment at all) at Pam Hotel made me disappointed.

A sign shows at the restaurant: Beverages are not allowed to be taken outside restaurant. I noticed that
1. One pregnant lady doesn't notice the sign and filled distilled water in her water bottle, one waiter intentionally raised his voice and loudly shout at her, even if he said "Excuse Me, Excuse Me". Embarrassed atmosphere of an entire restaurant.
2. One lady brought her own drink (Chinese herbal tea) and the waiter stopped her from doing so in a rude way

The only one hotel in Turkey I would not go back. Not drinkable water and kettle inside the room; all you have to do is to buy beverage inside Mini Bar.

Not Tasty food for dinner and breakfast.
In short, they are mean to the guests.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Stayed at the Palm for five days in May 2011. The hotel is well located and most rooms have views of the water. My stay included breakfast and dinner. Tremendous variety of freshly cooked food. Huge desert menu!! Front desk staff couldn't have been more helpful or friendly. So impressed with Turkish hospitality. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
7  Thank gwpyvr1
Reviewed May 2, 2011

Of all the hotels we stayed in Turkey, we foudn this one to be the only one we wouldnt go back and stay at.... water was not drinkable but no water was provided, we found out sfaterwards that our room included dinner, but noone mentioned that to us, they would not help us when we needed to have a discussion in turkish with someone..... just a bit underwhelming all around.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple