“Good restaurant with very fresh seafood and attentive service”

Kazim Usta Restaurant
Ranked #59 of 340 Restaurants in Kusadasi
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 12, 2012

We were in Kusadasi and our hotel and tour guide recommended this restaurant for us. Indeed, it was good and we went there twice for dinner. The seafood was very fresh so it made the dishes ultra delicious. We love the shrimp casserole as a starter and also the fresh grilled prawns and squids. We also tried seabass and red grouper. Yes, the fish price is a bit pricey but waiter service is good. Also there is quite a good selection of wine. If you wish to have a good seat, remember to make reservation in advance.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

While on a cruise, we took the tour to Ephesus, and then walked around Kusadasi shopping. It was lunch time and we looked for a place to eat - obviously when we saw this attractive restaurant with tables overlooking the harbor we reviewed the menu. It is a very interesting place as the fresh catch of the day is on display and you can select your fish you want. I had grilled prawns and thought they were very good. The staff was a bit reserved but pleasant. I think this is common in a number of touristy spots. We had a very pleasant lunch (lots of orphan cats around and I had fun feeding them) - This restaurant is in a wonderful location for people on a cruise who have been on a tour and want to have a pleasant lunch before walking back to the ship.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

I fir.st ate at Kazim Usta 28 years ago and was delighted to find that it is still here, which is more than i can say for other places I used to frequent in those days. it is a little more up-market than before, although it retains its charm as you can sit at tables close to the sea and enjoy the breeze, which has been a pleasure as Turkey has suffered a heatwave this August!
My favourite starter is the samphire (Sea Asparagus on the menu) and the fish is very fresh as the fish market is very close to it.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

I have some difficulty writing this review having seen the positive and pleasurable reviews which have already been written regarding this place. Nonetheless, I have to write what is true to my experience and I hope it offers value to others in a similar situation.

I went to this restaurant last week, and if I could speak better Turkish there is no way that I would have paid for what we received and if it matters, I would have complained to the manager.

My partner and I spotted this restaurant so were excited about the prospect of eating here, so dressed nicely and headed in. Immediately we were subjected to the rudest behaviour of any staff I have ever known, we were largely ignored from the beginning, and the bottle of water which was given to every table in the restaurant was taken off ours as the waiter laughed.

After looking at the menu for a few minutes we were approached (which is when the water was removed) and the waiter simply said 'what pasta?'. Not really understanding we attempted to order fish, vegetables and potatoes for the meal; not given a chance to specify the weight of fish my partner wanted, and not really listened to the waiter walked off. I attempted to approach the guy to see what we were getting but he just kept walking off when I approached him, and even his colleagues were as unhelpful. Eventually they arrived with food, a basket of bread - which they charged us for, a massive amount of fish and a plate of chips. That was all.

After asking for service the waiter then thought it would be highly amusing to throw the fish head on my plate, and amusing he did find it, and he decided to finish this off with the eye. Now, I like to write reviews which would be helpful to vegetarian eaters who realise that their friends/partners may like to go to these types of places and want to not limit them and so I have to add that any of these people will understand how disturbing this was.

Anyway, as I proceeded to eat bread...and a few chips (which were well cooked - hurray) my boyfriend ate the fish which was cooked well but was a little bland considering. We weren't given the opportunity to order any other drinks and were given the bill without asking which pretty much sums up our meal here.

Another thing to add, when women go to the toilets here they should be careful, the lights go out, and there is little security.

The place is next to a little harbour which is absolutely beautiful, but there is also a walkway next to where you sit so watch your bags as well if you eat here because it can get very busy and there are lots of people walking past selling and beggars asking for money right where you are eating.

Needless to say we didn't enjoy this visit, and wouldn't ever go again, however, it did provide us some good laughs! Go next door if you are in the area, otherwise you too may suffer the overpriced cheeky cost and abysmal service of this awful place.

This is extremely negative for a review and I do apologise, but this is exactly the experience that we had here and though we have racked our brains we cannot work out what we did wrong when arriving to warrant this so have to say it how I see it. At least the bread was nice, although expensive since they don't normally charge for it!!

3  Thank Kate P
Reviewed July 20, 2012

In preparation for our trip to the Eastern Med last year, I researched restaurants for lunch in Kusadasi. On Cruise Critic, there were several recommends for this restaurant. When our independent tour guide to Ephesus also said he takes his family here on weekends, we were in! Great fresh seafood and yummy fresh veggies. Reasonably priced and a very relaxing venue on the water. We'll be dining here again this August. Beer and local wine available.