“Night Entertainment”

Tropicana Garden Hotel
Ranked #86 of 155 Hotels in Kusadasi
Reviewed July 16, 2014

Hello,
Can someone please confirm was there any nightly entertainment in the Tropicana Garden Hotel on a recent stay? Got a cheap and cheerful stay last year and enjoyed the weekly bbq. I've just read a review saying there's a 'new rule' for no entertaining, dissappointing if this is true.
Thanks in advance.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Martina D
There are newer reviews for Tropicana Garden Hotel

Reviewed July 8, 2014

Myself and my sister got a last minute deal here in June, 309 euro ! so we honestly didn't expect much but this Hotel is actually well worth the money! The staff are very friendly, food at pool side bar is lovely and cheap, Breakfast is nothing to write home about but its a traditional Turkish breakfast (a couple of slices of cheese, tomato, boiled egg, cucumber and bread) if you fancy something like pancakes, or a fry up you'll get it for about a fiver at the bar.

The pool is gorgeous, cleaned every evening, entertainment during the day consists of a little young Turkish dude running around every few hours asking you to play aqua-aerobics, killer pool or whatever other game he can think of on the day but if that's not what your there for (like us!) he'll normally just leave you alone... they have had new rules that there is NO more evening entertainment, but a short 5 min trip in the dolmus (Local bus service, leaves every 4-5 mins right outside the door) and you'll be in town, or ladies beach, depending on the direction you go. its a nice 10 - 15 min walk either way if you fancy it too.

We were lucky we got a back bedroom so it was very quiet but I have heard the pool view rooms can be very loud at night. Not suitable for kiddies !!

Air conditioning was pretty useless.

I would stay here again but wouldn't pay much more than 300euro, there are definitely nicer hotels in the area!

Room Tip: I you want quiet, don't request a pool view room! If your staying in July/August, request A/C wo...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ashlovestravelling
Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

As I've said in my title have stayed here 7 times and this shall be our last. Had a few diffrent problems down the years and were sorted. But this year what a joke. No entertainment as advertised on their own webpage. 4 staff memebers out of about 16 can speak english and 2 of them are managers who go home early. 70 rooms in hotel and only 12 been used. They have changed the whole theme of hotel but never informed anyone. The owner'streats hotel like his own home. No entertainment for PAYING guests but on the friday night they ran a birthday party for HIS childs birthday with entertainers and bbq which we could join for 20 euros!!!! Kept telling us oh the entertainment will be arriving next week a complete lie to try keep us there for 2nd week. So if you want a hotel run by gangsters liars and all speaking turkish this is the hotel for you.

• Stayed: June 2014
12  Thank terjud06
Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

I am a bit late writing this review but just booked a holiday to Ibiza I usually go to turkey but needed a break from it over last year .I have been in turkey 4 times.I stayed in this hotel twice first time was august 2012 it was great but I stayed again in august 2013 this time the staff were changed everything was fine until danny one of the waiters was messing with my sons pram and intentionally dropped the pram and cot it last minute my son was 1 and a half he was in the pram falling asleep we all got a fright I mean he could of dropped him onto the ground danny thought this was funny but the smile was wiped off his face when I told him he would be getting a bashing if he ever done that again then two days after this happened I heard him slag me off to a couple I was floating in the pool and he said all fat chicks float haha I heard this but said nothing as I was not going to let him ruin the holiday. But other then this I like this place.

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank sabnnick
Reviewed June 18, 2014

please stay away from this hotel. I have been in so many countries, in innumerable hotels, this was my worst experience. the hotel-employees are unbelievable unpolite and also this hotel is unbelievable noisy. you can`t sleep at night, not only because the guests are noisy, this you can expect from a hotel-stay, more worse the employees are ruthless. 4 a.m. when we asked them to be silent and considerate, they were just yelling at us in a very aggressive way. this was a truely horror-trip. also there is no breakfast-buffet as denoted in the description. they bring you a bit to eat from the basement. I would never recommend this hotel. if you intend to have a relaxing and tranquil time in kusadasi, then don`t go to this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Ela Ö
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Great place second time there. But not one thing has changed. Very dated. Rooms very dated. Showers very bad. Air con great. Pool area good. Food terrible. Drinks highly priced. But managers n staff brill. Very helpful. Would I stay again? Yes I would as it is value for money at the end of the day u get what ya pay for.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Myself and my partner recently returned from a week in the Tropicana Gardens. We were very apprehensive based on some of the negative reviews we read. While the rooms were quite basic, we found the hotel to be spotlessly clean, the pool area was very well maintained and the manager Daniel and the rest of his team were wonderful. The food was reasonably priced, delicious and beautifully presented. Although the Dolmus stops directly outside the hotel it was only a 10 min walk to Ladies beach and 15 min to Kusadasi centre. If you have any reason for complaints then we would suggest speaking to Daniel as his priority is his guests. For a 3 star hotel we would give it 5 stars.

Room Tip: 2nd floor at the back of the hotel - no view but quieter
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple