... and I couldn't agree more. I enjoyed sharing a raki with him on the evening before we came home.
We stayed in the hotel 26 Sept - 3rd Oct 2012 and were in block 20 of the complex.
There are reviews about the resort not being of a 5 star standard which is fair as it is only a 4 star hotel.
There are complaints about the little niggles and things people found fault with. Again, I could not disagree with their findings but we went on holiday to relax and appreciate all the good things that the hotel brought.
Our room was lovely. Spacious and clean with good fittings and excellent sound-proofing from adjoining rooms. Far better than many other hotels we have stayed in. Beds were a little on the hard side for our taste.
The hotel layout was fantastic. Very calming and peaceful in parts due to the sprawling nature of the grounds yet you were never far from a bar or food source. Plentiful spaces to sunbathe or relax in the shade all over the complex and we never struggled for a seat or sunbed anywhere. Our only criticism is that there could have been more toilet facilities.
Food choices were more than generous with a wide provision for all nationalities. To cater on this scale is a compliment to the kitchen staff and everything we ate was delightful. Our A la Carte dinner in the Italian Restaurant was a lovely addition from the regular buffet.
Staff were attentive and friendly any time we spoke with them and it was nice to be asked how our stay was a few times whilst we were there. I am sure that any issues would have been addressed but we didn't have anything to complain about. However, there seemed to be quite a few less-experienced staff members in the restaurant area as sometimes the tables weren't prepared completely - especially napkins !
The Animation Team (Entertainment) were very active and attentive and made sure there was a good atmosphere around the poolside without being overly rowdy.
A brilliant holiday was had by us and we are making serious thoughts about returning next year.
Yes, there are little niggles but nobody is perfect and the value for money offered by the Marti Myra in Tekirova will take a lot to beat.
It's a 4 star hotel but gave us a 5 star holiday !!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Make your dreams come true at Martı Myra with the ancient city of Phaselis, which left Alexander the Great in awe, on the one side and Olympos, the mountain of the gods, on the other. Since 1995, we have been at your service with 551 rooms nestled in nature with 1,601 pine trees spread over 100,000 square meters of land and a shoreline that stretches 285 meters. The favorite holiday resort in the Kemer region, Martı Myra is an unforgettable vacation facility with 48 years of Martı experience behind it. Martı Myra offers everything in one place so that you can enjoy a comfortable, serene, and happy vacation: nature that blends blue and green together, an easy-to-reach location, diverse range of fun activities, health and beauty services, restaurants that serve delicious dishes, and completely revamped rooms. To facilitate five-star Ultra All Inclusive (UAI) service, the rooms were fully renovated between 2008 and 2012. Your vacation will be spiced up with restaurants that serve food all day, sports activities, yoga and personal development programs, and clubs for children and youth. Martı Myra believes that everyone has the right to a vacation and has thus allocated and meticulously set up six rooms for guests with disabilities. Necessary measures have been taken for our guests with special needs to take advantage of all the services in the facility and enjoy their time in the pool area and the beach. With half a century of Martı Group experience, Martı Myra opens its doors with smiling faces to make your stay wonderful in the midst of pine trees that surround the facility, its crystal clear Blue Flag sea, and the scent of orange blossoms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your MARTI Myra reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marti Myra Holiday Village Hotel Tekirova
- Marti Myra Kemer
- Marti Myra Hotel
- Marti Myra Holiday Village Tekirova