Have just returned from the Rixos Tekirova - stayed 11th - 18th June.
Amazingly the flight out was only delayed by an hour - and only a few mins on return.
Food: good selection & plenty to choose from most nights in main restaurant.
Very clean hotel, cannot fault at all on this count - from rooms, to pools to all areas.
Gardens well looked after.
Plenty of activities for even the most hardened lounger to watch/take part.
Many staff trying their english out - a lot are limited, but still gave it a go, but always found another colleague if they couldn't help/understand.
The sockets in the room were loose in the wall - and had notices asking residents NOT to use any appliances during the stay. (we did get a mini kettle when we asked tho!)
The shower in the bathroom we had was pretty elderly, got better pressure from basin tap - also shower head kept dropping in mid use.
Air con was very good in our room.
Noise: During this week, the hotel customer service staff said they had many complaints about the late night music in the Pool bar area. They did take these on board & last night the music ended at midnight. However - if you are in a sea & pool facing room - you will find the speakers amplifies the sounds at night the further up the building you are. (think deaf person the other side of the patio door with TV going full blast!)
My tips to other Brits going out:
1. Not all rooms have tea & coffee making facilities, so take your travel kettle & coffee (tea bags/mugs/sugar/milk etc available in hotel).
2. Beach: No sand but rather sharp grit, so take an enclosed beach shoe for little ones (or soft footed older ones) if you can. Pebbles at beach edge, but this slopes/drops very quickly, so is not a beach for tinies or wobbly footed people to get in & out of the sea.
3. The transfer IS a minimum 1.5 hours if you have a clear run & no drop off's en-route, its is usually at LEAST 2 hours otherwise - the route is scenic once you get to the mountains.
Summing up: Great place, shame about the beach. Staff very courteous & food presentation good. Having stayed in Turkey on 3 previous occasions, I'd say this was not quite a 5*, but working close to it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- RIXOS PREMIUM TEKIROVA which is located in a bay with turquoise blue of the Mediterranean Sea surrounded by the mythical slopes of the mountains covered with pine trees was established on an area of 183.000 M² in total, offers you the blessings of all the visual nature. Our hotel is in a walking distance from shopping and entertainment centers of Tekirova Town, which is the region's one of the most important tourist destinations. The ancient city of Phaselis is 7 km, Olympos are 20 Km, Church Of St.Nicholas In Demre is 96 Km away. The Tahtali Mount of 2365 m.Height with a possiblity of tele lift transport system is only 7 km away. Three Islands diving center, one of the world most famous diving area is located just a few miles away from our beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Prestigia, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Cancelon, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, getaroom.com and Hotwire so you can book your Rixos Premium Tekirova reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rixos Tekirova
- Tekirova Rixos Hotel