“Be careful: Tekirova”

Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Tekirova
Russia
“Be careful: Tekirova”
Reviewed July 24, 2010

In the sea in area Tekirova it's a lot of excrements, it is impossible to swim. Despite a "Blue flag" on a beach.
If this circumstance not to take into consideration the hotel is good.
I'd like:
- not so big, but cleen&green outdoor area,
- good food, good dinning service,
- freshly squeezed juices for free,
- housekeeping,
- air-con,
- sauna (hammam & steamroom were bad),
- gym,
- good concept of entertainments.

I don't like:
- location (80 km from AYT airport with hard traffic. Taxi-driver deceived us about taxi tariffs. He wonted USD 200. Normal tariff only USD 100, non cheap too).
- overpriced room rates. We paid USD 300 per night.
- narrow beds (90x200 sm), they stood so closely to each other in small room, that we some times painfully struck feet.
- on a beach one of canopies has been broken, we have painfully hit a head. The hotel recognised an error, but has apologised only a week later, sent to room a bottle of bad wine.
- bad work of guest relation deck, reception & reservation deck,
- wi-fi for extra pay (USD 5 for 30 mins).

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
7 Thank 100c0untries

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Washington, DC
Reviewed August 20, 2009

I spent a week in this hotel - it's ok, very family-oriented, a lot of activities for kids. Not so good for the couple with no kids or solo traveler. Kids are everywhere - screaming yelling and running around.

Food is OK, but nothing special.

Rooms were clean, but service ladies were not trained well - they always wanted to clean the room while I was sleeping or in the room, ignoring the sign "do not disturb".

Territory is very small, there is nowhere to go and the beach was pretty small too, although I never had problems finding a tent or a sunbed.

Service was terrible. Girls on reception and managers were unfriendly and always looked busy.

They lied to me about the internet connection. They announce that they have a free internet, but they DON'T! I had to buy a card with internet access for $5 (half an hour). I used only 2-3 minutes and when I logged in at the next day - my time was over. Nobody told me, that the card only works for one day. I tried to speak with the manager, but manager just went away and did not want to talk. Receptionist also refused to help me. It was totally unfair and I was very disappointed. They lied and refused to give me my money back, even after I convinced them that it was their mistake. So beware! They are a bunch of liars.

I would recommend to go there only if you have kids and don't have a better place to go.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
7 Thank timson1
Virginia
Reviewed May 23, 2009

We came for a meeting and stayed on for a day to play. We visited the ancient city of Phaselis, went wind surfing and sailing. I even went down the water slide. All great fun. The food was great and everything was included in one price, even the drinks. We want to come again with our grand children next year.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank Alice+Angus
Austin, Texas
Reviewed May 18, 2009

The hotel is in Tekirova, which is about 1-1 1/2 hours from Antalya. We were able to get a bus from Ankara directly to the hotel, which I think was due to some conversations with some work colleagues and the bus driver. If I was on my own in Turkey, it is a bit out of the way from the Antalya airport and likely an expensive cab ride there. A friend of mine took the dolmus from the airport and it took about 4 hours. In any case, this is the worst I could say about the place...it's a bit remote. But, once there, it is really fantastic. Beautiful beach, great staff, lovely room with balcony, lots of pools to choose from. Loved the waterslides. Sauna and steam room were very nice. Food was great, lots of selection and available for a long time. We went to the discos (a couple outdoor and the cave in the basement). At night, there is a visible security presence, and it is very quiet. The hotel is fun for both kids and adults. Kids love the pirate theme, and it even has a small zoo. The room I stayed in was very large and comfortable. At night, the cleaning lady put some rose petals on my bed. I had a single room, but it came with a day-bed. When we were there, the hotel was full of Russians, who seem to love the place. It's all inclusive, but the drinks are great and not watered down. We had a conference here for a day, and it was a great place for it. Fitness center looked great. I heard the internet was slow.

So the title of this review is kind of an inside joke because we were looking forward to our trip to Antalya so much. We had a great time, and the hotel really exceeded our expectations.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
3 Thank lizicat
Suffolk UK
Reviewed October 28, 2005

Just returned from a weeks holiday at this resort travelling with 4 adults and 4 children (15, 11, 11, 8).
Transfer to resort took aprox 1.5 hours along coastal scenic road so plenty to see. When we arrived at the hotel we were greeted by a pirate "Ali" who helped us with our luggage and escorted us to our rooms. The rooms were basic with twin beds and bunks for the kids, shower no bath, small fridge with bottles of water supplied, air conditioning. It would be worth upgrading to the suites which we looked at with balcony, sea view, shower & bath and seperate bedrooms.
The hotel was far above our expectations although not many english but that did not bother us as travelling in a group.
The beach is gravel with sun beds, beach towels & parasols provided foc. The sea is crystal clear with fish swimming around your feet so worth taking your snorkels. Peddaloes & canoes are foc also many other water sports available with a fee. The food was amazing too good so much choice you would never go hungry even with fussy kids. Drinks at the bar were availbale from 10.00am branded names and cocktails, the bar staff were very friendly made us english so welcome.
The animation team were very good and could speak english, you could join in with volley ball, archery, darts, boules, keep fit, belly dancing, boules & diving lessons all foc. In the evening the entertainment was a bit amateur with a mini disco for the kids then the team would do a show, followed by karaoke then a disco at 11.00pm.
We did not use the mini club our kids were happy with the pools and water slides.
Spa centre is worth a visit with sauna, steam room & turkish bath all foc, or you could treat yourself to one of the treatments.
The grounds are very well kept clean and tidy with many lemon & lime trees.
We had a great time here with 7 days of sun (chilly in the evenings)
and we are hoping to book for next year.

• Stayed October 2005
7 Thank TruRu99
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 10, 2005

This was a lovely holiday the staff were very friendly with the children but there was only one other english family inthe whole hotel the entertainment was very good throughout the day the language was not a problem but of a night it was very bad .they did try hard .the food was lovely ,very clean everywhere.the rooms were clean and new feeling but we had the children in our room in a bunkbed so we had no privacy!! would go back with friends. very relaxing location right on the beach. my children cried when it was time to go home, the true sign of a good holiday.

Stayed May 2005
10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tekirova
Amara Dolce Vita Luxury
Karmir Resort & Spa
Karmir Resort & Spa
#6 of 283 in Kemer
Maxx Royal Kemer Resort

Been to Pirate's Beach Club? Share your experiences!