“Family trip” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #21 of 228 Hotels in Side
Moscow, Russia
“Family trip”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

May be we had bad luck but this time we have very bad impressions. There was a local congress with hundreds of Turkish men, some with families. Women in dresses and flip-flops jumping into the swimming pool, many men mixed up the indoor pool with the toilet, the smell there is awful the whole week. I was scared to let my children swim there. The local "tourists" speak very loud, and the staff is really motivated and oriented to them: serve first even if you with kids stand in line to the bar, ask the aqua aerobic trainer to speak Turkish. Some Turkish women occupied the big sauna and did not let my husband enter... Crazy... In the canteen there is no meat, only chicken and fish. The knives and forks stick to hands - we were cleaning ourselves in hot water.

Room Tip: They repair something from the sea side, smells bad, we changed the room to the garden view.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank 202MT

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
SE London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Sueno for one week in November 2012. We booked this holiday through First Choice, and paid a total of £652.00 for all inclusive. November is obviously the low-season and we were warned in advance that some of the hotel facilities would not be open - I think this was 4 of the a la carte restaurants and some other eating areas, as well as alot of the outdoor activities. The Sueno is a nice hotel however it is very big, so do not expect the intimacy of a small hotel. It is certainly not a 5 star, more like a good 3 star hotel. The food was ok, but not great. The main buffet restaurant was huge, but the staff were very slow to clear the tables and you often had to do this yourself before you could eat. The British are only a very small minority of their guests, so they tend to cater more for the palate of the Russians, Germans and obviously Turkish. When we stayed at the Sueno, there were a couple of business conventions going on (a toy and a footwear), so needless to say a lot of the guests were in business dress. I was very conscious of walking about in shorts and a vest top, like you do on holiday, and being ogled at by learing men. I did not feel comfortable and struggled with the Sueno's concept of mixing business and pleasure. Our room was clean and well maintained, and we didn't see any evidence of mould as reported by other people on this site. Side is a lovely town and is about a 20 minute walk along the beach. To break the monotony of the food, we ate out quite often and found some lovely restaurants in Side town. It is difficult to envisage what the Suneo would be like in the height of season, but it is a great location and there did look plenty to do (if it had been open). We were fortunate to have good weather for our week, with no rain. It was lovely to escape the British weather for a week.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

I have read the reviews listed below we had a 2 week stay at thee Sueno we found the staff help full rooms clean a bit of grim around the bath but was cleaned an hour or two after it was brought to the attention of the staff on the hole I good holiday although I do agree it is mainly for the Germans but I did complane that on the one night that the entertainment was for the British the Germans had it turned off this I did really went to town about but the wife told me not to start ww3 but we did on the hole have a good time would go back as I think by the time the reviews get around it might be more British orientated if they want our custom.

Room Tip: if the room not to your liking as for a change
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mark l
Crewe, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

Do not go here at this time of year only about 30% of the site open only two of the so called al A carte open food okay but very repetitive day in day out and if you don't eat early the quality drops.The majority of holiday guests are long stay residents from Germany or Russia not many English speaking staff and they pretend not to understand! Our bathroom had black mould as did several other guests we spoke to the resort needs some TLC? Every day lots of different conferences going on and business suits everywhere which made you feel uncomfortable and we were treated as second class to everyone else the orange vibrant all inclusive wrist bands didn't help. We did not get value for money and will not be returning
The all inclusive drinks are very limited if you can get served and with so much not open it meant we ended up spending more than anticipated on visits to the local towns which were a rip off and again no real love for tourists not Brit friendly!free mini bar in room consists of water and two cans of beer topped up every three days' the so called entertainment was run by three young guys a do it yourself style operation mainly for the Germans the cinema had films advertised but changed in favor of football most nights and the films were obvious pirate tapes with peoples heads popping up on several occasions on the one we tried to watch.one last warning if you go don't use the Thompson tours we paid for a couple and were disappointed with the poor quality we actually thought the boat
For our trip was going to sink and found the market traders aggressive when we tried to barter for goods most of which are so obviously counterfeit.

Room Tip: Try so new her else
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank anthony m
Fareham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

Arrived at Sueno Hotel in Side on 5 March 2013. First impression were nice hotel but not the 5* that it had on the outside, Thomson holidays rated it as 4*, which in my opinion was still slightly high, more like 3*. The hotel had conferences on Monday to Friday and also had a football tournament during the first half of our holiday so it was extremely busy for March. Our room was clean but smelt very musty. Went all inclusive so decided to make use of the bar straight away. I was surprised to find the only local spirits were Vodka, Raki, Gin or Cognac. Having stayed all inclusive in other hotels I was somewhat disappointed by the lack of choice of spirits at Sueno. The food in the restaurant was ok but very repetitive and as we found out later was based round Turkish and German tastes because apart from a handful of Brits, the hotel was full of Turkish and German guests.The breakfasts were awful. When having lunch and dinner in the restaurant you were meant to be served drinks by the waiters. On the 2nd evening we went for dinner and had to sit at a dirty table, when tables are vacated the waiters are meant to reset them for the next guests, we kept trying to get the attention of the waiter in our section but he kept ignoring us, so in the end I went to the drink counter and got our drinks. After we finished our drinks we tried to get the waiter's attention for another drink but again he ignored us. So again I went to the drink counter but it was a different man pouring drinks who was quite rude to me for not getting the waiter to get our drinks. I explained that the waiter was ignoring us and was more interested in serving the Turkish guests. He poured me 2 beers and then raised his voice at out waiter. We didn't sit in that section of the restaurant again. Some of the bar staff could be a bit rude when I went to the bar for alcohol. I got the impression that they didn't like serving women alcohol because my husband didn't get treated like it. While we were at Sueno we could visit the A La Cart restaurants once each during our stay. We made reservations at the Mexican and the Asian restaurants and I have to say I couldn't fault them. The service was excellent, the food was excellent and I would recommend a visit to both. The animation team where really friendly and helpful especially Kar and Sarah. This is a nice hotel it's just that some of the staff clearly didn't want to be there. Also I felt it was more of a business hotel out of season rather than tourist, therefor I feel Thomson should be making customers aware before they book that it might not be what they expect at this time of year. As for value for money I would say it was ok for what we paid but I don't think it's worth the money in the height of the season.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Bulgaria
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

Stayed June 2012. Pluses: 1. Good service, helpful staff 2. Good outside areas for walking 3. Variety of food all the day Minuses: 1. Not good quality of the food - this quality does not correspond 5 star hotel 2. Bad animation - especially kids. There were 5 girls and 2 boys, although they seemed helpful going to the kids club, on the evening on kids disco they were so bored. Better quality of animation for elderly. Bad disco nights though. 3. Water slides are not well designed, perhaps of the little space left they were high-pitched and not big fun to slide.

The Italian restaurant is great, very good quality and atmosphere. Can not say the same for the Turkish.
The hotel is cheaper than rest of the 5stars hotel I know and for the price, it is a good choice.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Lina I
Warsaw, Poland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

Very good hotel, I've been to many 5 stars hotels in Turkey, but this is one of the best. I went to this hotel on the dec 12, reception were helpful and efficient, and good spoke English and German. The room was nice and comfortable - clean, full bathroom with a free mini bar. Delicious and varied meals. Lots of fruit. Different type of cuisine. Nice atmosphere.

Room Tip: Value for many. Very nice see and garden side rooms, quiet. Very fast elevators
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo