“business hotel rather than tourist”

Sueno Hotels Beach Side
Ranked #25 of 228 Hotels in Side
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Arrived at Sueno Hotel in Side on 5 March 2013. First impression were nice hotel but not the 5* that it had on the outside, Thomson holidays rated it as 4*, which in my opinion was still slightly high, more like 3*. The hotel had conferences on Monday to Friday and also had a football tournament during the first half of our holiday so it was extremely busy for March. Our room was clean but smelt very musty. Went all inclusive so decided to make use of the bar straight away. I was surprised to find the only local spirits were Vodka, Raki, Gin or Cognac. Having stayed all inclusive in other hotels I was somewhat disappointed by the lack of choice of spirits at Sueno. The food in the restaurant was ok but very repetitive and as we found out later was based round Turkish and German tastes because apart from a handful of Brits, the hotel was full of Turkish and German guests.The breakfasts were awful. When having lunch and dinner in the restaurant you were meant to be served drinks by the waiters. On the 2nd evening we went for dinner and had to sit at a dirty table, when tables are vacated the waiters are meant to reset them for the next guests, we kept trying to get the attention of the waiter in our section but he kept ignoring us, so in the end I went to the drink counter and got our drinks. After we finished our drinks we tried to get the waiter's attention for another drink but again he ignored us. So again I went to the drink counter but it was a different man pouring drinks who was quite rude to me for not getting the waiter to get our drinks. I explained that the waiter was ignoring us and was more interested in serving the Turkish guests. He poured me 2 beers and then raised his voice at out waiter. We didn't sit in that section of the restaurant again. Some of the bar staff could be a bit rude when I went to the bar for alcohol. I got the impression that they didn't like serving women alcohol because my husband didn't get treated like it. While we were at Sueno we could visit the A La Cart restaurants once each during our stay. We made reservations at the Mexican and the Asian restaurants and I have to say I couldn't fault them. The service was excellent, the food was excellent and I would recommend a visit to both. The animation team where really friendly and helpful especially Kar and Sarah. This is a nice hotel it's just that some of the staff clearly didn't want to be there. Also I felt it was more of a business hotel out of season rather than tourist, therefor I feel Thomson should be making customers aware before they book that it might not be what they expect at this time of year. As for value for money I would say it was ok for what we paid but I don't think it's worth the money in the height of the season.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Sueno Hotels Beach Side

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Stayed June 2012. Pluses: 1. Good service, helpful staff 2. Good outside areas for walking 3. Variety of food all the day Minuses: 1. Not good quality of the food - this quality does not correspond 5 star hotel 2. Bad animation - especially kids. There were 5 girls and 2 boys, although they seemed helpful going to the kids club, on the evening on kids disco they were so bored. Better quality of animation for elderly. Bad disco nights though. 3. Water slides are not well designed, perhaps of the little space left they were high-pitched and not big fun to slide.

The Italian restaurant is great, very good quality and atmosphere. Can not say the same for the Turkish.
The hotel is cheaper than rest of the 5stars hotel I know and for the price, it is a good choice.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Lina I
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Very good hotel, I've been to many 5 stars hotels in Turkey, but this is one of the best. I went to this hotel on the dec 12, reception were helpful and efficient, and good spoke English and German. The room was nice and comfortable - clean, full bathroom with a free mini bar. Delicious and varied meals. Lots of fruit. Different type of cuisine. Nice atmosphere.

Room Tip: Value for many. Very nice see and garden side rooms, quiet. Very fast elevators
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Tomasz W
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Went alone for a value for money break this January, on a first choice package. I was the only one checking to this hotel from my flight, reception were helpful and efficient, and spoke reasonable English. The room was a pleasant surprise - quite spacious, clean, full bathroom, and a free mini bar (filled every other day with beer, water and soft drinks). I also found free Wi-Fi worked in my room.
Having stayed in quite a few all inclusive hotels, was pleased to find the drinks included a more than drinkable wine, decent beer, but only limited spirits. The bar team nearly always served you in order, and I found saying thanks each time was all it needed to be treated fairly - and they nearly always remembered your last drink.
The food in the main restaurant was quite often similar - I also went after the rush, and always found the food to be acceptable, and if you chose something different each day variety was less of a problem. Also some of the salads we're excellent. A good look round found the snack bar for lunch, with full waiter service. from an excellent multilingual waiter. The choice was limited (burger or pizza) but freshly cooked. The Asian and Italian a la carte were very good even if some things were not quite what you would expect! Also plenty of coffee Turkish mocha in cafe Turk or a full selection in the cover lounge.
Parts of the hotel, especially the outdoor were closed for the winter, so at the time certain areas were not fully maintained. The indoor pool was good, and a fully stacked games room - extra cost included tempting bowling, pool, arcade machines etc.There was also a cinema showing films in English with Turkish subtitles.
The not so good was a huge influx of schoolchildren halfway through the stay - they could be a little boisterous. The cats are looked after in a cats house but can intrude in the main restaurant.
Overall very good value, and if you look round at what's available and whilst their could be a language barrier a little patience and a smile goes a long way.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank Andy55_13
Reviewed January 21, 2013

my week in this hotel was accompanied by<i was told> 1600 imams.half the hotel was closed as its winter.no real surprises.the five star rating isn't a 'european' rating ,bt having been to turkey before i knew this.bar staff are waiting for tips,hence 'germans' got better service than the non-tipping brits!food was 'school dinnerish'.my main gripe was that it was always tepid or cold.the 'a la carte' restaurants were mexican or asiatic.the latter was good but one is restricted to how many times one can go.the unsually terrible weather also meant the hotel leaked.all in all barely average

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank geeteeski
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for new year 2012/2013, there was mould around our bath, aquapark pool and lakeside pool were full of algae, frogs and leaves. There was food with mould on it on the buffet, food was always the same everyday, there were no labels saying what the food was, staff were very very poor we were ignored a number of times. Lots and lots of cats including wandering in the restaurant and on the chairs/tables. Very poor entertainment, activities through the day most of them didnt run, and the evening entertainment was on 9:30 until 10:30. Only one bar was open, cocktails were vodka and cordial, had to pay for fresh juice at breakfast, otherwise there was cordial which was horrible. We found the alcoholic drinks were very watered down. I am making a complaint about this hotel as it was awful. I would not recommend this hotel at all

Room Tip: We complained because our room was terrible, they "upgraded" us, but the room was exactly...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Giddypig
Reviewed December 22, 2012

The hotel is ok, and so is the service.
But, when we heard from several employees that they don't get payed, we had a shock!
how can you treat people like that? Is it slavery, or what?
We really hope the management read this and make the right thing.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Janetinside
Also consider these accommodations in or near Side
Crystal Sunrise Queen Luxury Resort & SPA
Club Hotel Turan Prince World
Turquoise Resort Hotel & Spa
Nashira Resort Hotel & Aqua-Spa
Aydinbey King's Palace Spa & Resort
Sueno Hotels Deluxe Belek

Been to Sueno Hotels Beach Side? Share your experiences!