“Very good hotel in good location”
Review of Angora Otel

and 1 more site!
Angora Otel
Ranked #184 of 229 Hotels in Side
Reviewed May 1, 2014

We found this hotel very clean everywhere.The pool was lovely and had a lovely kids part of the pool which was great for my granddaughter.There was table tennis ,football,pool and darts all were free which kept us entertained.Also free WIFi throughout hotel. The manager was very friendly and couldn't do enough for us.The food was also good. For the price that we paid it was exceptional. You can walk to a nearby beach or go for the day to a different beach in the free beach bus.Good location near to restaurants and a nice walk into Side.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank jeannie500

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Very good hotel, clean with helpful staff. The big minus of it was lack of baby cot and high chair in the restaurant. However the staff was very useful and showed great care when one of my child felt by the swimming pool and bumped her head. Not many people speaks English in Side.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank wd78
Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

Worst hotel ever... Me nor my family will ever visit this hell hole ever again. Can only agree with "Do not book this hotel" earlier review. Food was very bad, manegment drunk and rude. All we wanted was to go back home.
So by far my worst vacation ever...

• Stayed: September 2012
7  Thank Poseidon28
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Got to; hotel in middlle of night and was told there was no room booked for us although we booked it seven months earlier. Asked for £300 which we refused to hand over.Eventually got a room which was over the generator for the air con, the kitchens were under us and the laundry room at back constant noise all night. I had paid extra for a room with pool view and balcony ended up in a family room with four beds and not much else. To be fair the hotel was clean but I got told off for having three cups of coffee in the morning the cups were very small you could not take your own drinks in even water.Meals were simple one main meal, salad and a different piece of fruit every day.Problem was you had to be at tea as soon as it was served or you missed out as they did'nt replace main meal choice. Have been to Side eight times and not managed to find a hotel this bad.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank 255mandy
Reviewed December 1, 2012

A very enjoyable stay at this small hotel. The room was clean and all the features of the room were fully working. The hotel was clean throughout. The pool was big, the bar was friendly and all the food and drink served was of a high standard. A nice quiet hotel who gave a personal and friendly service as opposed to a big corporate hotel who see you as a number. Staff always friendly, smiling and going out their way to help you. Extremely good value too. Would go back again!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Darrell L
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Some staff okay others very creepy . Agree with the German comments if we where German we would have been treated a lot better. rooms ok a little grubby . Food ok but for the cats that would be around every mealtime . Would never ever stay there again .. Side itself is great and i do suggest you go on a tour to selge very good tour guide . Its erous everywhere???? we were conned every time as they dont convert the tl in any way close to what it should be . Staff spoke german but struggled with english ?? The germans we met were very nice . 1 couple who spent most of there time at the bar constantly drunk and loud and rude how they didnt find this women flouting at the botom of the pool at some point is beyond me as they served her 24hrs .

Room Tip: Just dont go x
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank sharron w
Reviewed October 5, 2012

This was my fourth visit to Side, but first time at Angora Hotel. I liked it very much. Many guests complains sometimes of the noise from music or the moské. But then they should look more carefully for what hotel they booked, and the surrounding area. That is not the hotels responsibility. And Angora is not a 5 star hotel. If you pay less, you get less. But you dont get the nice family atmosfair in a 5 star hotel. But if you are reserved, and is not giving a smile. Then you should not expect a smile back, and better make reservation in a 5 star hotel next time, or just stay at home. You need to respect that you come to another culture, another way of living. If you want bacon for breakfast. make reservation in a partment, and cook yourself.

I had a really good time at the hotel. The room was little, but clean. I could have new linnen and towels every day if I wanted, eccept of wednesdays. The ladies that cleened the rooms always gave me a smile. Maybe because I smiled at them. It is´nt that hard. The guys thar worked in the bar and served breakfast and dinner was also very nice and friendly to me. Maybe because I treated them nicely, and with respect. ALso the daily portier in the reception and the night portier that also cleened the pool every night was very friendly and helpful.

And dont forget the food. I had most of my meals at the hotel at night. For only 5 Euro I got five or six different vegetables, lways fresh fruit, with meatballs (köfte) kebab, chicken or fish. And I liked it a lot...thanks to the stuff in the kitchen....

The owner was also very friendly, and the lovely daughter that drove me to the airport.

I will not forget the nice Mr White! Turklar? sorry dont now the spell, The owner to Anatolia V.I.P Wellnes Center Hamam. I very much recomend it. He has lovely people working. I was there six times. And lovely Svetlana made my nails French manicure....beutiful job

I am back in Sweden now, 5th of october, and I miss it all. I´ll be back....Kisses to all of you...

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo