“lovely warm atmosphere!Quiet location,but within easy strolling distance to the beach.”
Review of Daisy Garden Hotel

Daisy Garden Hotel
Daisy Garden Hotel
Ranked #209 of 227 Hotels in Side
Frome, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 17, 2011

Despite the hotel being sited off the main hotel strip,it proved to one of its best features. It is a family run and owned hotel that has been recently modernised to a very good standard
. We had originally booked our package as bed and breakfast,with the idea to dine out as and when we pleased.We soon established that the hotel offered a set dinner of a starter, mains, and a sweet,for the very reasonable price of 10 Euros. We were so pleased with the most excellently prepared and cooked meal by the hotel chef that we dinned there every night! And the food was real Turkish food!(We did NOT go to Turkey to eat pizzas and burgers!)
We stayed in the annex part of the hotel as we needed to have the extra bit if quietness to our holidays.It had its own pool and kiddies slide which was great fun for me and my wife!
, The staff were so genuinly helpfull. We also had the benefit of the charms of a lovely English woman by the name of Donna! A real Gem!I
I would thoroughly recommend the hotel in every way.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank johnboy2211

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Nassjo, Sweden
Reviewed June 13, 2011

DAISY GARDEN Hotel is a nice place to spend your holiday in. Good cleaning and service with a friendly staff. You can eat and drink to good prices on this hotel.
The location is really alrigth, near to the Antik Side and a free beach 300 meters away.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sweden2011309
Bedford, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 22, 2010

I have just returned from a weeks holiday with my friend. We stayed half board with 2 single rooms booked and I cannot begin to describe what a nightmare this hotel this. The first night they said they had no rooms for us and we had to stay in an awful sort of apartment with no aircon and only 1 bed. We were told to return at 11am the next day when they then said we would have to stay in this room for another 2 to 3 nights. Only by refusing to leave reception and arguing did we avoid having to stay in the 2 rooms they offered us which were absolutely disgusting with smells of sewage. What happened next was just a nightmare. I asked about a safe and was told I would have to wait for 2 to 3 days - upon leaving the hotel to go to the beach I was called back and told to leave my room key behind reception. When returning to the hotel I found that a member of staff had taken my key and gone into my room and taken all my money. It was proved that it was a member of staff by the cctv footage which is all over the hotel (we were unaware of this before hand) and he had entered my room as soon as I left the hotel. A Norweign couple in the room opposite were also robbed by the same member of staff who had also taken their key. The hotel did not want to call the police but upon our insistence myself and the Norweign couple were taken to the Jendarme where we were interviewed at their reluctance because we did not speak Turkish. We found out afterwards that this has happened many times at this hotel and the locals call it a 'bad hotel'. At no time did I receive an apology from the hotel. The reports abouts dogs are true. A poor dog was kept outside our rooms which did not have any food or water all day and howled all night. Very distressing to see as it was so skinny. The reports about taking things into the hotel are true. You cannot take anything at all into your room and the hotel only provides drinks and water at elevated costs. The food is recycled so be careful what you eat. The Turkish Bath is dirty with wallpaper peeling of the walls in the massage room and corridors. It is kept dark and they do not change the towels between customers. The rudeness of some of the staff is true. Not only is there very few English people in this hotel but also in the whole resort. It is totally set up for Germans and the Euro with some places not even accepting lira. I have never been anywhere in Turkey where I have felt so unsafe and been treated so badly. With the exeption of some of the other guests and a couple of the staff namely Dursan and Nusret who were absolutely fantastic - we were treated very poorly. My advice is to believe the bad reports about this hotel and avoid it at all costs. There are many places in Turkey which welcome the English and I will stick to the Dalaman area in future.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
8 Thank keepontravelling79

Travelers are raving about these Side hotels

Malmo, Sweden
Reviewed August 16, 2010

When I read the reviews at first i was afariad that this hotel would be a living nightmare!!
But as soon as me and my boyfriend arrived we were proved wrong! The service was very good and the whole crew working there were very friendly and helpful.
The pool area is very clean and nice and there is a mini-spa at the hotel (you can get a whole body massage for only 10 euro!!).
I must admit the food was no good, very tasteless! I recommend you to go to the very best resturant in Side, Afrodite! Good food, good service, friendly and funny staff!
Another bad thing was that you are not allowed to bring food and drinks into the hotel. But we did anyways, I just hid it in my handbag. Nobody will check your bags!

It was no luxury resort but it was totally worth the price! Close to beach and the center of Side.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Lillehammer
Reviewed August 1, 2010

When my son and I arrived at this hotel, the management wasted no time lecturing us about rules of no bringing food and drink into the hotel from the "outside". This was even before we were signed in and not a word of welcome was mentioned. Safe to say that this didn't make us feel especially welcome after a long and tedious journey getting there!

At bedtime, we also discovered that housekeeping had left no sheets or blankets to sleep in, as the bed was made with just mattress cover and pillows. We called the reception who quickly rectified this for us, but learned afterwards that all the other guests arriving that day also experienced the same problem.

Generally regarding housekeeping - Housekeeping staff were very nice, but as with all the other staff, they could speak no English and I suspect there were a few misunderstandings caused by this. For example - we had our room made 5 times out of 14 night during our stay. On a couple of occasions, housekeeping turned up before we had left the room. We then told them that we were going out soon and could they please come back later. They nodded, but rarely turned up. When complaining about this to the management and reception staff, they only said that the hotel was fully booked..... hmmm, should they not be able to cater for max capacity and are the guests really meant to suffer because of this?

Because of the lack of housekeeping, we also had to keep on asking for supplies of toilet paper from the housekeeping trolley or the reception.

But the biggest frustration we experienced with this hotel, was that they would not allow guests to bring any food or drink into the hotel. On occasions the reception staff and management even went to the lengths of searching the bags of guests coming back to the hotel after a day on the beach or shopping. Not even a bottle of water was allowed!

There were no drinking glasses supplied in the room - not even glasses for brushing in the bathroom. In the extreme heat, it was necessary to keep drinks in the room so we bought this in the reception, where they also sold some fizzy drinks and sodas to premium rates compared to the local supermarket located 100 m from the hotel. On the occasions where housekeeping had been making the room, our glasses, which we had taken from the bar, always were removed and not replaced. We then had to go to the bar and ask the manager for new glasses. On one occasion, this rather grumpy man accused me for having been outside to buy drinks. I had just then been in the reception to buy a bottle of Fanta.... I must say that I have never before experienced this sort of behaviour from anybody in the hospitality business and I hope I never will again!

As regards the food - we soon realised that there were a good choice of places to eat nearby, which far surpassed the choice in the hotel when it came to quality and value for money. For that reason we chose to eat out most of the time. However, on one occasion I ordered a pizza, which were supposed to be Pizza Margherita (to my knowledge, this is a basic pizza with cheese and tomatoe sauce). I do not eat meat, so to make sure that there was no meat, I instructed the waiter, who in turn instructed the chef. After a few minutes I got a 4 inch soggy microwave pizza with cheese, tomato and HAM! The price they were charging for this was more than they charged in the local pizzeria, where they served excellent freshly baked pizzas 3 times as big! I did of course complain and the management apologised, offering me a replacement. However, my appetite had disappeared as soon as I saw what they had on offer.

Lastly, and on a positive note, this hotel has got potential and it is quite cosy around the pool area, in a quaint sort of way. Some of the staff was also very nice and welcoming and did their best under the circumstances. Shame about the management though, especially the restaurant/bar manager, who should have been sent away to a Hospitalty course as soon as possible!!

We will certainly return to Side in future, but sadly not to this hotel.

3 Thank Womano1
Bergen, Norway
Reviewed July 28, 2010

I would not recommend this hotel to my worst enemy!
because there is no service, everyone was angry all the time, and it was never people there if you're wondering aboute something!

2 Thank Tinebergen
Stavanger
Reviewed July 22, 2010

1. When we arrived, we were given a room in the annex / personell building. The door lock, AC, TV and the empty minibar did not work. It took 2 days to repair the door lock. The room was -3 star, prison must be better. Don`t eat there, they even serve 5 days old Doner kebab. Housekeeping came 19.00, some days the didn`t come at all. Had to beg for towels and toiletpaper. No soap or showergel in the room. The manager is sitting close to the pool all day long, depressed and shouting to the staff. 80% of the staff quit working there in 14 days.. One evening the manager got crazy, banging his hed to a table for 1 hour.

7 Thank Salikatt