“entertainment”

Side Prenses Resort Hotel & Spa
Ranked #40 of 228 Hotels in Side
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Have stayed last year and this year at this hotel
not as good as last yeas but entertainment 100% better more English than last year. hello Tom Hanks and entertainment team . It is in a great spot and is near the beach

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank whiskeyswindon
There are newer reviews for Side Prenses Resort Hotel & Spa

Reviewed April 20, 2014

I was there in March 2014 together with my wife. we reached there at 6 o"clock in the morning. there were nobody to take our baggages and we had to transfer them by ourseleves.
There were no room available at that time and they asked us to wait until ten O'clock. We changed our room to a sea view room and for that, they asked for 90 Dollars. after a little negotiation the deskman reduced it to 70 Dollars for 6 days including safe box which costs 3 Dollars per day.
Finaly we had our room at 3 O'clock in the after noon and no safty box!!
The hotel was rather clean ( after they changed all the covers). The food was good with a variety of chicken and meet.
BUT :
breakfast time was until 10 and the worst was dinner time which was at 8 o'clock !!! they took every thing at 8 O'clock and the lights was off at 8:15 !!!
Totaly it was worthy for what we had paid.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are much better, take it.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Manouchehr M
Reviewed April 19, 2014

also had its fair share of them so i was slightly worried as I had booked for my elderly parents and our daughter of 8 years, plus we have never experienced an inclusive arrangement.
First of all we found all the staff extremely friendly and approachable. I thoroughly concur with other Trip Advisors who have visited Side, that it's main client base is German and Scandinavian,so because of this most of the Turkish could speak very good German but some struggled with English. This did not make them rude or in attentive but understandably a little less forthcoming, however I think this is natural. I was told that the Brits mainly go over to other resorts on the other side of Turkey and for the Brits who prefer English speaking staff and guests then they may prefer other choices.
In regard to the hotel it is spotless with a lots of facilities for young and old. The main dining area does not have ambience but the service is attentive and there was always a variety of food and plenty of it. There was also two cafés for lunch one by the beach and one by the pool. We ate out a couple of nights to try the local cuisine ( which was fantastic) and to get away from the monotony of going to the same venue every evening. Because the package price is such good value for money it means you can eat outside of the hotel.
They had activities planned throughout the day which you could choose to get involved with. The indoor swimming pool was a bonus as visiting Turkey this time of the year meant the outdoor pool was still getting warmed up. Entertainment was not to our taste but our daughter thought it was funny and she enjoyed the mini club and little disco.
Rooms can be a bit hit and miss, my parents didn't get a pool view room so they were overlooking the back of another hotel but it was a large room. ( they could change if they had wanted to) We had a pool view room which wasn't very large but it was very clean and we had no problem with it. Apparently there are family rooms which are much much larger and the hotel will change your room if there is availability.
All in all we loved Side, thought the hotel was great value for money with fantastic staff. A nice touch it still being able to make full use of the facilities, inc drinks and food right up to the last minute of departure.

Room Tip: Family pool view or pool view. We were on the 4th floor if you don't want people above you ask f...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Barbara V
Reviewed April 9, 2014

I stayed here for a week with my wife in late March. Like others I was slightly worried about the negative reviews complaining of repetitive food and German tourists everywhere. Yes there were many German tourists, but all were friendly and I don't necessarily see it as a negative not to have lots of British people milling about.

Upon arrival I was pleased to see a grand lobby and check in was efficient. I was originally given a standard room with a land view and wasn't happy with the room, so I asked to be upgraded to a junior suite. This was sorted at a very reasonable price which I was happy to pay as my trip was not a high season holiday which would have pushed up the price.

The suite was very nice indeed, the view from the massive terrace alone made it so. It was great having 3 private sunbeds as my wife didn't relish sunbathing in the rush beside the pool.

We enjoyed the all inclusive food and drink very much. The range of food on offer was great and it was all fresh and very tasty. The menu was varied and the quality of the food was very good.

The bar was good too, although I would agree about not always being asked for a drink by waiting staff who would wander around asking some and forgetting others. The animation team was very good in entertaining guests and put on some good shows throughout the week.

Side itself is a great place for a quiet break in the sun. The beach is very close to the hotel and the beach bar opened up a day before we left so we were able to enjoy that too. The walk along the promenade to old side was great with nice shops on the way. We went to the old amphitheatre and the temple of apollon, highly recommended. Also we had our anniversary meal at the Karma restaurant which was excellent and had the best steak I've had in a long time. Also Manavgat was nearby and good to check out some modern shops.

Overall the hotel was great. Try to get a junior suite if you can, although there are only 6 of them. The service was great and Kadir at the reception desk and Receb the waiter were exemplary in their service. We had an excellent time and loved every minute.

Room Tip: Junior suite, all the way for that special stay.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Mohammed E
Reviewed April 2, 2014

We have just arrived yesterday from this hotel, we stayed for six nights ( family) . The reception was ok but hardly could speak English.The room was average but the room service was quite unsatisfactory. You gotta take all your personal hygiene stuff with yourself( comb, razor, shampoo,body wash,etc) cause unlike other 5-star hotels , these things are not provided ( enough ) at your room. The bartenders do not speak , or barely undrestand English. Overally , I have to admit that this hotelbis a heaven for German ( particularly seniors) but a very difficult place for English speaking people. The trading currency is almost Euro , I recommend everybody to take euro rather than dollar , Turkish Lira , or anyother currencies. The food and drinks are quite like other all inclusive resorts, repetitive but enough . I , as a vegetarian, had plenty of choices. The crew were not rude but not friendly at all. They rarely pass a smile for reply your friendly smile. they were always looking very tired. Their attitude toward Iranians were disappointing , although this stereotype attitude is common between Turkish prople and was not surprising for me. I really enjoyed collaboration with europian passengers ( mostly German seniors) , they were very nice, funny and always brought smile to our faces with the positive energy they gave you whenever they looked at you . I enjoyed the sea view of the room , the weather and also the beatiful Side. We also has shoping in Manavgut which was an excellent shopping . The animation and entertainment programs were extremely boring and I really avoided every single of them.I also took a massage with Turkish bath which was one of the worst thing happened during this journey . The massuer was a failure just messing my body with oil and bath was unhygienic. I do not recommend the spa at all.I would recommend this hotel for those people who know German and want to enjoy a calm , relaxing an peaceful place.

Room Tip: Rooms with sea view are excellent
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank shahramh
Reviewed March 31, 2014

We had a super week at the Side Prenses Hotel. On arrival we were checked in quickly and shown to our room. The room itself was smaller than I expected but well equipped, clean and had plenty of storage for our belongings. We had a lovely pool view but I had emailed ahead to request this. We weren't charged any extra so I would say it was a well worthwhile email. Our room was opposite a lift and just above the hotel reception. I thought this might be a noisy combination but fortunately it wasn’t!
The pool area was very nice (although we did have to get up early to reserve sunbeds). There were plenty of parasols and the poolside activities looked fun even though I didn’t join in.
The main restaurant was rather crowded at opening time so we tended to wait for the rush to die down before heading in to find a table. Unfortunately we went for many evenings without being offered a drink at the table. We often had to get up and ask which was a little unexpected. The food was exactly what you expect from an all inclusive resort. Not fantastic, but certainly not bad. I am quite a fussy eater but there was plenty to choose from so I could always find something to fill me up. I personally wouldn’t recommend the Italian a la carte restaurant but it does make a nice change to be served when you are fed up with the buffet style main restaurant!
The beach area was nice too. It has its own snack bar which was good for refreshments and offered some shade in the midday sun.
The evening entertainment wasn’t my thing so we sat in the lobby bar most evenings. There's a nice terrace looking out over the pool and towards Side town.
Side town is a 20 minute walk or so along the promenade. I enjoyed the walk on a couple of evenings. All the usual 'designer' goods on sale, bars & restaurants etc.
Bottled water is available all day from fridges dotted around the complex. A nice touch.
Delicious waffles served by the pool in the late afternoon. Make sure you get in the queue early otherwise it's a long wait!
My only real negative was the staff. None particularly friendly and in fact some very rude. We could stand at the bar for 10 minutes without even being acknowledged. A real shame because the rest of the hotel is lovely and in my opinion service really can let a place down.
Overall the holiday was good value for money and I would consider returning.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank minnie29mouse
Reviewed March 27, 2014

I honestly struggle to find faukt in this hotel! It's setting is great, with beautiful views towards Side old town. Within very reasonable walking distance (20mins if you don't get distracted with shopping along the way). Beautiful accomodation all round, from the hotel lobby to the lovely large rooms. We had a fantastic view over the pool and sea with views towards Side. The restaurant and lobby bar have lovely large terraces for eating or drinking out. One large circular pool around a smaller inner one (not heated but refreshing at this time of year, we were lucky to have 24 - 28ºc the whole week), a kids paddling pool, a pool with 2 slides (not working this time of year) and a lovely warm indoor pool. We had free use of turkish bath, steam room and sauna. Just beware if anyone puts their hands on you for a treatment in t7he turkish bath you will have to pay. We booked a nice turkish bath and a massage to follow, a nice added extra we paid for. The restaurant is quite large and had tons of variety of food on offer for all 3 meals of the day, you really couldn't get bored of the food, even for the fussiest eaters there was always choice. Lots of fresh salads fruit and vegetables at all meal times. Beautiful pancakes and other cooked items for breakfast (couldnt call it full english, more fried or scrambled eggs etc)tons of choices of breads, pastry yoghurts, fruit for breakfast, there's even a whole slab of honey comb you can scrape your own honey off. Lunch was a variation of cooked and grilled meats, salad bar, large selection of cheeses, meats, pasta etc and a huge amount of scrummy desserts and evening meal was similar. Anyway I am making it sound like we only went for the food! It was thoroughly enjoyed, lets put it that way! The entertainment team were fun but didn't push you to participate if you didn't want to which was great, they are great lads who like to have fun. There was only a handful of brits at the hotel, most were german but not a problem for us, the friends we did make made our holiday fantastic. It might mean however that the bar staff dont always understand, so if you speak a few words of german it helps, if not the next bar man will probably understand you! We were very lucky to be upgraded to a family room on arrival, it was very spacious, always cleaned to a high standard as is the rest of the hotel. The only problem on a couple of occasions was the shower that suddenly went scalding hot then freezing cold.. so make sure you check before putting kids in the shower, a lot of people we spoke to never seemed to have this problem and it only seemed to happen when I had a shower at 'peak times'. Side old town is a fab place to visit with some lovely restaurants and bars, lots and lots of shops with 'designer' goods and not to mention the beautiful ancient ruins than you can pretty much just stroll around in the dunes! You have to pay to go in the ampitheatre but only TL10 and there is a museum across the road in the ancient baths but we didn't go I there. Side is mostly flat with a lovely boulevard the whole length from the bottom of the rkad from the hotel to the old town and it also stretches the other way quite far but only big hotels along there. We would definitely go back to Side and most definitely to this hotel again. Lovely holiday, would highly recommend

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple