“Lovely Seen Seas”

Ranked #9 of 227 Hotels in Side
Folkestone, United Kingdom
“Lovely Seen Seas”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Went to the Seven Seas in Sept 12 and had lovely time. Hotel, garden and facilities are really clean and tidy. Rooms are quite minimalist so don't expect too much luxury. Plenty of choice in the restaurant so no-one should be hungry. Be careful if they are cooking spring rolls as the fat spat a roll out and burnt my arm!

There are 2 lovely swimming pools and plenty of Sun beds to go round. It was very hot when we were there but plenty of shaded areas to sit. It's also right on the beach with additional snack bar so you are never far from a drink or something to eat. There are bins by all the sun beds which are emptied frequently.

There was also fridges full of bottled water so you could even take some for days out.

Really enjoyed our stay and would love to return.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SarahP38
BerrinAgil, Asst. Public Relations Manager at Otium Hotel Seven Seas, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind comments.
We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.
Best Regards

Berrin Agil
Asst. Public Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Looe, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We stayed in June 2012, me my husband and our 5 year old daughter. I have just read a lot of negative reviews, and it appears different to what we experienced. This may be down to going early in the season when everything is fresh. This is our review.....
We arrived late after a 1.5 hour airport run, this although long wasnt unpleasant as we had a nice chatty rep, refreshments onboard and the coach was airconditioned. When we arrived we were greeted by friendly staff who offered us drinks and refreshments. One of the hotel porters carried our cases up to our room. Which was, I would describe as minimalist. It had everything you would need, plenty of coat hangers, hanging space, Tv hairdryer etc, but thankfully it wasnt cluttered. The room was spotless. We ALWAYS take plug in mozzy stuff and sprays etc so I think none of us got bit. I dont understand how people can moan about mozzys in a hot country!! Take the stuff with you. The cleaners came in every day except Mondays. Our bedding was changed every 3 days and the towels daily ( if you put your towels in the shower they change them) We had a lovely view on the top (3) floor - no lifts , so if you struggle with stairs or have pushchairs etc ask for a ground floor. I am a fussy eater and i admit I wasnt keen on the food, It wasnt particularly appertising in presentation, but i always found something and I was never hungry. All staff were lovely and friendly. Restaurant was a bit chaotic - though if you sat inside it was much more orderly and airconditioned. There were a few Brits who had to be told to put shirts etc on in Restaurant. Kids Club was superb with Hannah and the girls working really hard to give the children a good time. The evening entertainment was superbly professional, with the entertainment team from Sweden , they spoke perfect English and translated through out to English and the Scandanavian languages ( there is NO Germans there - majority of guests were Norwegians, Swedes and Fins) Sezgin the marvelous Turkish Entertainer worked so hard with the children in the evening and he put on two shows by the pool ( one before main show in ampitheatre and one after) This is a mainly family hotel, and the entertainment went on to around 11. The bars stayed open, playing music etc after that finished. I didnt see any badly behaved children, though like I said this was In June. There was plenty of sunbeds around the pools - though the second week people got a bit silly putting the towels out too early, so management dumped all the towels put on before 8 on the floor in a big pile so that stopped that haha!! Al la Carte Restauraunt had a fantastic setting, though I didnt like the food, it was mildly better than the Restaurant ( and we did both Turkish and International) Dont forget to book as tables get booked up quickly. We used the beach a couple of times, which had lots of shaded loungers, the water is quiet rough, so beware of little ones and it goes deep quickly. We had a Turkish bath in the hotel, it wasnt cheap but it was lovely,and ideal as we could have it while our daughter was in the kids club ( Remember to have this at start of holiday, so you get a good tan)
The shop on site is full of good quality mock designer stuff, we brought a load back and also have a lot of real stuff - was amazed at how good the copies were! Morat in the shop spoke excellent English. We did the trip to a warehouse, waterfalls, Manavgat Market and cruise etc That was good value and we all enjoyed it. Beware if you book a photo shoot in Hotel, very very very expensive, some guests we met were charged £400!! so negotiate a price and if you do get charged a lot more than you expect, get lady from reception to go talk to them! We took a taxi into Side ( 10 E) one evening, that was nice though it is a bit annoying after a while when they are come out hassling you. Make sure you ask taxi driver before you get in the price. All in all a lovely holiday, found the Turks, the hotel and Turkey lovely. Some things werent quite as I expected, but its a waste of money if you make that over take your enjoyed. Top Tips
1) Mozzy plug in and always use mozzy spray at night
2) Turkish Lire as whether you give them the money in euros or not you always get change in Lire!
3) take a line and a few pegs so you can rinse out your clothes, no launderette there
4) wetwipes etc are dear so take your own
5) on the landings of hotel blocks, people leave their inflatables, so no need to buy ( sorry shop owners _50E IS a lot for a blow up dolphin)
6)If you know what trips you want to do book online inUK as its cheaper than through the reps in hotel
I would reccommend this holiday we had a lovely time,

Room Tip: chose a ground floor if you struggle with stairs - no lifts.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
10 Thank Cornishclan2006
BerrinAgil, Asst. Public Relations Manager at Otium Hotel Seven Seas, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you very much for writing your review about your stay at Seven Seas Imperial. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your time and had a memorable holiday with us.
We are pleased to know that you were satisfied with room comfort, food, staff efforts and our beautiful layout, as it’s our goal to provide an ultimate holiday experience to all of our guests ensuring everyone feels relaxed and comfortable while staying with us.
We made some updates about the towel reservation in the pool area , until 09:00 it can not be reserved anymore.
Due to sustainable future , on Mondays general rubbish clearance is made only , if our guests request for cleaning we can help and clean their room.
The hotel has laundry service, and laundry price list at the rooms, if our guests want to use our laundry service they fill our laundry form , our cleaning service staff collect the forms, and laundry bags when the clean clothes are ready our cleaning staff put the clothes back to the room.
We look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind regards,
lancashire
Reviewed February 17, 2013

We spent two weeks here last July. We had been two years earlier when it was Magic Life and it was wonderful. We were very disappointed last time. Meal times were like feeding time at the zoo. Evening entertainment poor and trying to book for the a la carte international grill is impossible. Three days in a row I stood in a damp smelly cave for a hour, fourth or fifth in the line and got turned away. We ended up travelling into Side most nights the second week to eat out ! The room was OK but I don't expect not to get my room cleaned one day a week in a five star hotel ! Trying to get a drink in the evening wad a challenge. They used to open a second bar near the pool. Not any more. Don't be fooled it's not worth the money

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank LancashireAnne
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for extending comment and I am pleased that you had pleasant stay with us. We will do best to reduce such defects you experienced and make an effort to go above your expection.

Again, I appreciated on your precious feedback and looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Yours sincerely,

Berrin Agil
Asst. Public Relations Manager
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 14, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the seven seas imperial for a week in the second week in October. The hotel was advertised as a platinum hotel on the Thomson site. When we arrived in the early hours the night staff gave us a sandwich and a glass of pop. The sandwich was limp and as bland as anything I have ever had the misfortune to eat. The man that showed us to our room was very nice and helpful, Alas when we arrived at our room it was awful,the room was alive with mosquitoes, filthy,holes in the sheets and cleaning products dumped in the corner of the bathroom. I rang the reception to try to change the rooom but was unable to until I could speak to the manager. We had hardly any sleep and went first thing to see the rep. We explained to the thomson rep who was portugese what had happened and thats when the lies started! He said he had recieved only 2 complaints since April but in the space of 10 minutes 3 couples told us they had complained that week alone. We asked to change hotels as the hotel is not a MAGIC LIFE as advertised and is owned by the SUNTOPIA group,This was declined and we were given another room that although was better was no way ever a platinum standard it was 2- 3 star at best, The hotel was hugely understaffed the restaurant was filhy no clean cutlery and although the food was not bad it was always cold it must have been sitting in the kitchens long before being brought to the restaurant. At the beach the self service soft drinks dispensers were swarming with wasps. I lost count how many times I got drinks for kids and ladies too frightened to get a drink. The A La Carte restaurants are no good either the turkish one was just so so but the italian pasta one was an absolute joke it reminded me of various pot noodles placed in bowls.We are well travelled in all inclusive hotels in Greece Turkey Egypt etc and this is by far the worst hotel We have ever stayed at thank god it was a week and not two. I could fill page after page about how bad it was but I feel I must warn you of Thomsons response. We filed an official complaint with the rep and when returning home contacted Thomson by email and letter immediately. They took ages to respond and eventually offered £120 in holiday vouchers. What a joke the holiday cost us just under a £1000 . I contacted the Thomson employee at the customer service and explained it was an insult.He said that they had considered the offer and that the cost of the flights was around £600 so the offer was for the accomadation not being satisfactory, This made my blood boil as it was a complete package and Thomson are misrepresenting the hotel. I wrote back again reiterating this point but they are standing by their offer. WE WILL NEVER EVER TRAVEL WITH THOMSON AGAIN. They do not give a stuff about customers and they are bare faced liars when it comes to the description and rating of this hotel. We are curently trying to pursue other avenues to recoup some of the money that THOMSON STOLE FROM US. Please do not ignore the bad comments from others, I dread to think were others who voted it good have stayed. IT IS NOT A MAGIC LIFE and hasn't been for years so why are they TELLING LIES!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
12 Thank john m
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Following my husbands review in August I feel it's only right to warn you away from the worst hotel in the world and I've travelled after 1week we asked for a flight home but against our better judgment stayed.The food is terrible really poor staff can't cope you clean your own table and find your own cutlery.The hotel is rammed full of kids when we booked it was Platinum but was changed to family without us knowing.Be warned the slides and crazy river have an age limit of 12yrs handy when you have an 8yr old imagine the tears on the first day.It didn't say that in the brochure.After3days the bedding had not been changed it took another 4days to get the sheets changed.yes you can say I'm making this up but do yourself a big favour and go right back on the reviews and follow how at first the hotel was great but then got taken over and it went down hill over night.I could go on and on but book at your peril just take it from me a normal person who works hard and got ripped off don't expect Thomsons to offer any sympathy because they are not interested.So good luck don't say you weren't warned.Feel free to email me for any queries but not anyone from Thomsons you ain't gonna get another penny out of me

• Stayed August 2012
20 Thank Lynnrobson62
Thank you for writing your review from your stay with us at Seven Seas Imperial.

We are sorry to not meet your holiday expectations. We had received your review and researched what was the problem at the hotel during your accomadation , would like to reassure you that all the problems are found and solved.

Please visit us in the future , we would like see you in a best comfort in our hotel.
Best Regards
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Food not presented very nicely,slopped all over the food area.Staff didnt appear very helpfull.Room not very nice gruby in need of refurbishment swimming pool out of action no appologies given.Requested we change hotels,low cost holiday very helpfull changed straight away to the olimpus Hotel very nice clean, food very good staff very helpfull couldnt do enough for us.
I have been to several Magic Hotels this is the worst one will not go there again,however will consider the other Magic Hotels in future.

Room Tip: Dont go there
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank traveller2724
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I spent a week at the seven seas in mid October and cannot understand why people are being so negative about this hotel. Granted the room was not overly comfortable but it was clean and the bedding and towels were changed regularly and who wants to spend time in their room when they have Turkey on the doorstep. The pools were great with plenty of sunbeds, slides good fun, beautiful grounds, lovely beach, the sun shone every day. The resturant was busy but had a huge choice of dishes and I can honestly say we were never without cutlery or crockery. The staff were friendly and always busy. The local bus service was excellent running every 15 minutes and stopping right outside the hotel gates we used this to visit Side and Manavgat market which was loads cheaper than the Thompson trips. Entertainment in the ampitheatre was ok, very energetic and they tried to cater for adults and children. We had a brilliant time at the Seven seas and will definately return to this hotel so don't be put off, after all holidays are what you make them.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for a sea view.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple