“Can't wait to go back”

Ranked #149 of 227 Hotels in Side
London, United Kingdom
“Can't wait to go back”
Reviewed May 14, 2011

Very clean hotel, staff very welcoming, gave advice on best places to visit which was really useful. Couldnt be in a better location.

Will def go back as never felt so welcome in a hotel. Thank you to all the staff

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank The_Hills94

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Turkish first
London
Reviewed May 5, 2011

This trip was booked for me by my partner as a suprise, so as usual I looked on trip advisor to check out some reviews. They were mixed and I was unsure what to expect. When we arrived we were met by the family that run the hotel and they were very accomdating, the rooms are basic but clean and well mantained by the staff. There is a relaxed feel about the hotel and I enjoyed lazy afternoons reading my book on the balcony. The best thing that I liked about this hotel was that you could be sat there dreamily reading your book whilst being totally unaware that only a short walk away is the main Side town, bars and restaurants. The Ilhan Hotel really does have a special location as you can walk in and out of Side in 5 minutes, but somehow when you are back at the hotel you feel miles away from any hustle and bustle.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Londoner037
london
Reviewed April 19, 2011

In truth I was a bit worried about staying here after reading some of the reviews. But they couldn't be further from the truth.

During my 2 week stay the staff were amazing and nothing was too much trouble for them. They were happy to recommend and organise excursions for me and they were very knowledgeable about the local amphitheatre.

The location was excellent minutes from the old town.

It had a relaxing little bar area that you could enjoy an ice cold beer in after a hard day on the beach or sightseeing.

I'll definatly be going back

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kate_gaz07
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 17, 2011

Please don't pay any attention to the previous reviews - I read them before my holiday and worried that I would be disappointed - I most certainly wasn't and what a lovely place the Ilhan hotel is.
The hotel is basic and very clean. It has excellent service and a fabulous location. Breakfast is typically Turkish and consists of fresh white bread, honey, jam, olives, tomatoes and cucumber with plenty of tea. The family who run the hotel are charming and are on hand to offer advice or just to have a chat as and when you feel like it.
The hotel is in the heart of the old town of Side ( Sea - day ) and is a great base for a relaxing yet interesting holiday. Although the ruins of the ancient amphitheatre are just a stones throw from the hotel and there are plenty of cafes, shops and restaurants nearby the hotel has a quiet atmosphere allowing you a very decent sleep. The sea is also just a few minutes walk from the Ilhan making the location just perfect with all amenities at your fingertips.
I have just returned and already booked again for September!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sans82
Reviewed January 1, 2011

DO NOT GO TO THIS HOTEL!!! My mother and her boyfriend booked this hotel for a cheap break. I ended up going with her due to complications, during our last week my mother had been asaulted we had both been threatend and had verbal abuse thrown at us from the hotel owner. They also threatend to take our passports so we could not leave the country. Worst 2 week ever!! DO NOT BOOK THIS HOTEL

• Stayed August 2010

Travelers are raving about these Side hotels

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 11, 2010

We have just returned from this dump & wouldnt advise this place to our worst enemy.

The family who run this place are not nice people at all & if they were here (or probably any other Country) would be locked up for the abuse we witnessed both verbally & physically to other clients.

How people can go back year after year I dont know but I do know WE WONT GO EVER AGAIN.

On a lighter note the old town is lovely, the location is fantastic but then any hotels/pensions in the old town have a brilliant location.
We met some lovely people & had some great meals out & will be back to Side
but not ever to the above.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank upsadaisy20
TIMPERLEY
Reviewed September 6, 2010

stayed with my 20 month old daughter and 9 year old son, Ilhan hotel recommended to us, never again, what a dump. Got there early hours, hotel staff not very friendly, bannister wobbly, light fitting in bedroom hanging by a thread, mould on the ceiling, balcony door not close properly, bathroom door not close at all, shower dangerous, floor flooded every time. When we got up at 8.45am for breakfast my daughter was told off by the old woman to shush as people sleeping and when she wouldnt they became rude and nasty. Tuana next time, dont go here if you have children, even the owner was nasty and told a couple off using a lot of swear words, saying bloody english I dont want you in my hotel. PLEASE DONT STAY HERE, ITS VILE.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family