“Stone Arch Bridge”

Book In Advance
More Info
$46.28*
and up
Temple of Apollo, Aspendos and Manavgat...
Ranked #7 of 13 things to do in Side
Reviewed July 23, 2013

My wife and I stopped here with our daughter's (Corrine) family. I enjoy stone arch bridges and the construction impresses me. It took time and hard work to place these cut stones to stand the test of time. I also like to see where these treasures are being saved around the world for future generations. Thanks to our Daughter Corrine Rekrut and her Husband Chris Rekrut for showing us around Turkey and stopping at four stone arch bridges.

1  Thank GaryHPrice
in 6 reviews
"romans"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We did not realize this bridge was here until we were driving up to the more impressive Aspendos Theater located up the road. We pulled off the main road to get a look at it and quick picture, but from the looks of it, it’s been restored and there is no written information about it at the site. I currently live in Adana were the oldest roman bridge is still in use to this day, and it’s easily five or six times the length of this one. Therefore I was not impressed or too interested and wanted to press on to the Theater. But it’s always nice to see an added ruin or site along the way of an already scheduled stop!

Reviewed July 20, 2013

Dont think there is an original brick in the bridge. was a building site in july 2013.and the original has been left to crumble and rot a few yards away

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Nice to see, we did it as part of a Cabrio bus tour, but I wouldn't hire a car and rush up to see it.