1,282 results
All reviews blue bar kids club entertainment team garden bistro main restaurant turkey main pool kids pool irish bar buffet restaurant pool bar water polo great facilities hotel complex family holiday cold drinks great holiday
Selected filters
Reviewed June 13, 2019 via mobile

Since the first contact with the staff of this resort you realize that everything they do is to make the tourists feel good. The spacious rooms, daily cleanliness, very clean pool water, fine sandy beach, well-kept green spaces, varied and well-prepared dishes, all these ingredients have made 8 days of dreaming at Sentido Turan Prince. But there were also some minor deficiencies, especially regarding the poor quality of the internet signal, the non-functioning of the air conditioner in the room(which was remedied the same day), the refurbishment of the rooms is desirable (unfinishead finishing, old and used switches etc.)but these aspects can not prevent you from enjoying what this hotel offers. And last but not least, we appreciated the team of animators who tried to offer diversified programs and special shows every day and every evening!!!!!

Trip type: Traveled with family
M7490Guest, Konuk İlişkileri Müdürü at Sentido Turan Prince, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2019

Dear Guest,
First of all, we would like to thank you for choosing Sentido Turan Prince for your holiday and for sharing your thoughts about our hotel. We would like to state that we are very happy to have made you happy and to see that we have met your expectations. We hope you will choose us again for your next holiday .... Best regards SEntido Turan Prince Management

Reviewed June 12, 2019 via mobile

Our family of 3 have just spent a week at the Turan Prince and it's been brilliant from start to finish.

We arrived at midnight and were greeted with drinks as we checked in, The reception staff then made sure our luggage was taken to our room, The whole process took 15 minutes.

Our room (3203) was of a good size and spotlessly clean, The beds were comfortable and mini bar restocked when required, Our balcony faced over the gardens towards the reception and was very quiet at all times so we slept brilliantly. A bonus in this room was the WiFi reception was excellent.

Food and drink in the bars and restaurants was excellent and of a good quality, We ate at the a la carte Turkish restaurant and it was fantastic. The buffet restaurant has lots of choice but Brits need to be aware that it's international food and if you don't like trying new things you may struggle we had no problems at all though. All the bars were great and we never waited more than a couple of minutes to be served.

The beach and pools offer a great place to either relax or have fun depending on what you feel like doing, Swimming in the sea from the jetty is brilliant as are the sheltered sun beds. The pools are sometimes harder to get somewhere to lie and you have to be up early to reserve your place with towels, Unfortunately some people do this and then don't turn up till mid afternoon and this would be my only gripe about the place, If after a couple of hours they haven't been used the management should remove them.

The staff are all friendly and courteous and always have a smile for you, A little top is to take time to learn some basics such as hello, please and thank you, It goes a long way. A special mention to Ali in the pool bar, Hasan in the buffet restaurant and our cleaner who's name I've totally forgotten and especially Jimmy in the photo section for making our stay brilliant.

The bazaars outside at night are fun and some bargains can be found especially if you haggle, The animation team work hard all day and night to keep you entertained.

So if you get the chance to visit this fantastic hotel then take it, You'll not regret it.

1  Thank David M
M7490Guest, Konuk İlişkileri Müdürü at Sentido Turan Prince, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2019

Dear David,
at first of all we would like to thank you for choosing our hotel as your holiday destination and for taking the time that you wirte on Tripdavisor a lovely feedback.
We would especially look forward to welcoming you again and wish you a wonderful time.

Reviewed June 10, 2019

My family and I have just returned from a weeks holiday at the Turan Prince and all I can say is wow, what a fabulous hotel. Having read the many reviews (and some I may add, in disbelief of what I was reading) I decided to some up the hotel/currency/locality/transport/things to do as best as possible. It’s a bit of a long read this one so I have put it into sections. I know it sounds like a report but I’ve tried to sum up our experiences, dispelling any myths and give people some information that I would have liked to have before booking.

Arrivals
The transfer from the airport took about 50 minutes as the hotel is the first drop off in a long line of beach hotels going towards Side. No problems at all. We to wait about half an hour for our room as it wasn’t quite ready when we arrived. However, when you arrive you are served a glass of Buck’s Fizz and there is a table of snacks (Turkish delight etc) available. Really nice touch the reception staff were superb throughout. We were give a golf buggy ride to our accommodation and got an introduction to the hotel and all it had to offer by our driver.

Accommodation

We stayed in one of the family annex apartments just behind the main entrance across a smaller road where the taxi’s pick up, but furthest away from the slides/beach area. Our room, which was really well appointed and modern throughout, had a wrap around balcony overlooking the pool. The pool is relatively quiet compared to the main pools at the front of the hotel, and serves as almost a private pool for the annex rooms. This is a nice touch as occasionally we did not want to walk down to the main pool. This pool (as well as the main pool) has a railed off babies/small children’s section. It’s probably around 10m long and 5 or 6m wide. Good enough to get some lengths in if you should so want to! The walk down to the main pools probably takes about 5 mins and then a couple more down to the beach.

Next to the pool there is a garden bistro which can be booked for an A La Carte breakfast (more on that later). It is also available for snacks through a percentage of the day.

Money
This was a question that got asked loads on here. Is it best to take lira or euros? The answer is actually quite simple. Everything, and I mean everything, is priced in euros. This is because the locals get a good exchange rate for Euros. For convenience it is easier to take Euros however if you want to get better value for money (based on the current exchange rate) take Lira and just ask how much the item is in Lira. They have to accept it. I personally wouldn’t bother taking euros for the simple reason that it only takes 2 seconds to ask the price and you get more for your money. A good example is that when we went bowling in the hotel, a game would have cost us £17 if we paid in Euros and only cost £13 as we paid in Lira.

Pools, Slides and Towels

These are all great fun. The best times to use the pools based on warmth are the later afternoon as the sun has had the whole day to warm them up. Some people have said that they are cold in the morning and in our experience they possibly were a little but it did not put the kids off going in them. The pools were very clean and we had no problem with then and the sounding area. When the weather is warm though the red tiles that surround the pool get very, very hot so children should always where flip flops when possible. The wet sections of these tiles, although naturally cooler can be very slippy and my son fell a few times. Perhaps this was from walking a little too enthusiastically though!

The main ‘kidney’ shaped pool is about 1m 30 deep but has a shallow railed kids section which is 40cm deep. It is located outside of the main restaurant, lounge bar and pool bar. Even though the hotel announce that guests cannot reserve sun beds before 10am in my experience they all had towels down by 7.30/8am. A little frustrating but what can you do? Towels for the pools are given in exchange for cards (1 per person in your party) that you receive at check in (one per person). You can collect them from the Spa located near to the Arcade and exchange for replacements whenever you need them. There’s no need to get your cards back until the end of the holiday.

There are two areas for slides, a smaller shallow pool with a couple of small slides for little ones and a larger separate area for the big slides. These slides are deceptively quick, especially the brown one, but all are great fun. There is surprisingly not a life guard at the top of the slides regulating the intervals at which people go down, only one at the bottom making people get out the splash pools. The yellow slide is possibly the most gentle of the three and the the blue slide (mainly in the dark so maybe scary for little ones) splash into the same pool while the brown goes into its own. In terms of age ranges for the slides, I would have thought that above 7’s (dependant on swimming ability) are fine to go on. I think I saw younger ones go on with their parents.

Restaurants and Tipping

There are three A la Carte restaurant of which you get one visit. You should book this early on in your holiday as they get booked up quickly. We chose the Italian but you could have gone to the Turkish or Fish restaurants instead. The Italian and Turkish restaurants are located opposite the indoor pool and the Fish restaurant down toward the beach. Each restaurant does have a box for tips. We put our tips in at the end of the week for the restaurants that we had used with the exception of the A La Carte that we left at the end of the meal. The only other tipping that we did was for the porter that helped us with our bags to our room, the maids and our coach driver to and from the airport.

The only real negatives that I can tie into this section is that a lot of people were smoking sat outside the restaurants as there are no designated smoking areas. We had to move a few times as it was getting to us and the kids.

Most of the meals you eat will be in the main restaurants. This is open on three occasions per day whilst lighter snacks can be obtained throughout the day from other bars (I have added a picture with these details. There is so much choice in the restaurant, we found it took a good 5 minutes to go round everything to see what was on offer. All the hot food is stored in metal cloches but each one has a sign next to it in several languages to indicate the contents. In the end we just looked at the sign rather than opening each one as it was much quicker. There are several ‘stations’ where chefs are cooking either made to order requests (such as omelettes at breakfast) or more food to top up the existing offering. There was always salads, fruit, breads, local dishes, international’s dishes, pasta and cakes available. There is a dedicated kids area that always had burger and fries or plain pasta available. We found that there was quite a few dishes that we had no idea what they were but I’m always of the opinion you should try a new food whilst on holiday so each evening I did so! Other people have put that the food is a little repetitive and yes they do offer most of the same things at each time of day but there is so much to choose from you could have something different each meal for a week so I don’t see what the problem is. One tip, at breakfast try the American pancakes with Nutella and some of the honeycomb that was always fresh (see pic). The lamb roulade at evening meal was very good as well. As for the deserts there is usually a section for baclava. These are really, really sweet so just don’t let kids (or adults) eat to many!

Kids Club and Playground

The hotel does have a kids club but I think in all honesty that if your kids are over 7 then you probably won’t use it as it is aimed at under that age. There is a room that houses the kids club but as we didn’t use it I don’t really know what goes on. Directly outside of the kids club is a little playground comprising of a pirate ship/see-saws/swings etc. The kids loved this and it seemed to be really popular especially after evening meal before the entertainment started.

Paid for activities including the Spa and arcade

The hotel, although all inclusive, does has some paid for activities including Bowling, Pool, Air Hockey and Table Tennis. Other reviewers have been surprised at this but I thought it was set out quite clearly. I added a photo of the prices. Again, try to pay in Lira as you get much more value for money.

The Spa has it’s own price list which I don’t have a photo of but we (2 adults, 2 Kids) had a full Turkish Bath and my wife and I had half hour massages for about €130 which we didn’t think was too bad. The only negative was that the guys on reception was very pushy whilst trying to get you to pay for more massages. The actual experience was very good though. We were going to go straight into the indoor pool but beware, neither the pool or jacuzzi are heated. Outside is warmer!

Hotel Entertainment

The animation team at the hotel are absolutely brilliant and there is a full program of activities throughout the day both by the pool and beach. I have added a photo to show what goes on throughout the day. We especially loved the pool party with the foam canons and anytime inflatables were in the pool the kids went mad. Sometimes there were activities on that weren’t on the posters and it would have been nice to know when, where and what they were. I’m nit picking a little though. The evening entertainment was based around the theatre which probably sits a couple of hundred people that generally started about 9.30pm. There was always a seat available but they tended to be wet as I think they get cleaned every evening before the shows (I know, shocker!). Still, a quick wipe down and they were fine. The entertainment varied between acrobats, dancers and audience participation (my wife got dragged up on stage!). It was generally pretty good and the kids seem to enjoy it. After that there was always live music on the pool stage starting about 22:15.

The Bizarre, Taxis and Dolmus

Just down the road from the hotel is a Bizarre which on the face of it seems like a few street front shops but in reality is a huge market. Unlike Side where the street with shops are quite wide, this is more market like and you will get pestered by every shopkeeper you meet. They tend to address you initially in German and then switch to English (presumably because the majority of tourists are German in this area). There are several chemists in this market and the odd opticians but the majority of the shops were selling fake trainers/t-shirts/football shirts/bags. If you think you are going to get a bargain on a genuine pair of Nike or Adidas trainers you will be wrong. In my experience all the goods were fake but I think most people realise and except this. In terms of food shops, you will come across many shops selling ‘fresh’ Turkish delight’. We went to a shop that is on the front of this Bizarre and the owner let us sample everyone that he stocked and then choose our favourites. We paid about £20 for 1kg of Turkish delight and managed to get him to throw in some pre-packaged ‘off-the-shelf’ Turkish delight for free. I think the Bizarre may be a little intimidating for some and with the heat certainly inside this market can get a little oppressive. The kids didn’t get too worried but we were there in the daytime and I could see it being a little more uncomfortable at night for them. It is, however, a must to see everything lit up.

The taxis run from just outside the gates of the hotel and from what I remember it was about €16 to Side. Dolmus, which means ‘stuffed’ are the alternative taxi’s. They hold about 10 people and are, let’s say, a thrill ride. Turkish drivers seem to have a certain disregard for lanes and speed limits if my experience in the Dolmus was anything to go by. Still, it’s only €2 per person into Side and takes about 20/25 minutes. The dolmus takes you to the Bus Station in Side which is by the Nymphaeum. It takes about 15 minutes to walk from there to the harbour. Side feels like one big Bizarre but has some beautiful restaurants that face the harbour.

Checking Out

Check out was nice and smooth. Unfortunately the bus was about half an hour late but we still made it to the Airport on time.

To sum up, I can not recommend this hotel enough. The staff and local people are lovely and cannot help you enough. The facilities are perfect for a family holiday and it’s location on the beach and it’s proximity to Side are invaluable. Please do not focus on the negative reviews that others have put. Everyone does have different experiences, I accept that, but in my opinion the hotel and holiday was perfect.

Room tip: Go for an first floor two bedroom Annex Room with a balcony if possible
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
7  Thank ManchesterMatt79
M7490Guest, Konuk İlişkileri Müdürü at Sentido Turan Prince, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2019

Dear Matt,
With much pleasure we have read your nice feedback on Holidaycheck. Your positive words about our facility itself and our staff continue to motivate us to provide a high quality service and to provide our guests with an exceptionally great holiday.
We also thank you for your recommendation and wish to welcome you back to the Sentido Turan Prince.

Best regards
Your Sentido Turan Prince Management

Reviewed June 6, 2019 via mobile

Lovely, clean hotel, with beautiful green gardens. Food is tasty, plenty of choise. There is a bar that you can get european drinks for an extra charge. Kids enjoyed kids club, so we did as we could spend some time alone in the afternoon or evening. The biggest plus in this hotel is staff! I made so many new friends! I fell in love with Turkish people, they are all so nice! Would love to come back to the hotel 3 times per season well done!

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
M7490Guest, Konuk İlişkileri Müdürü at Sentido Turan Prince, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2019

Dear Lolita,

Reviewed June 5, 2019 via mobile

We have just returned from a 7 night stay at this beautiful hotel and wish we could have stayed longer!
The hotel is lovely. Memhet (Front of House Manager) and his team are fantastic and for the rest of the staff nothing is too much trouble. Ali in the lobby bar is a great asset to this resort, and the other Ali who works between the pool bar and the Italian a la carte restaurant is great.
We will definitely be rebooking for next year!
Kath

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank kalamitykath
M7490Guest, Konuk İlişkileri Müdürü at Sentido Turan Prince, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2019

Dear Kath,
We would especially look forward to welcoming you again. We wish you a wonderful time.