“love it”

and 1 more site!
Palmiya Apartments
Ranked #183 of 229 Hotels in Side
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I have stayed at the Palmiye last year and have come back again this year. You get what you pay for with the Palmiye. The rooms can be sometimes be small but in my opinion you only sleep in them anyway. If you dont like little space then I would suggest trying to get a apartment as they are more spacious. I always enjoy my stay here because the staff do everything they can to help you and they are so friendly , they make your holiday enjoyable and very good with children. Yes there are sometimes problems with the showers but you cope . All in all I have enjoyed both holidays here and will definatly be going back next year.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
9  Thank chloe h

Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

We have just stayed for a week at the Palmiye hotel. I can't see what anyone would have to complain about! For £20 a week bed and breakfast we got so much more than we paid for! The room was small yes, but it was clean, the shower worked, the tv worked and the beds were comfortable! We had to request clean towels but that really isnt the end of the world. They were produced with a smile. Nothing was tooo much trouble. Breakfast was the same every morning, but when there is sausages, boiled egg, omelette, cheese, meat, bread, jam, fresh fruit, yoghurt, olives, cucumber, cereal and deep fried cheese things to choose from you could eat something different every day for a month and still be happy!
The service was impeccable, very friendly without being pushy. Dennis and the young lads who serve the food and drinks deserve special mention. Wonderful characters the lot of them.
The hotel is well placed, 10 minute stroll to the sights and beaches of old Side, and a pleasant enough pool if you want a lazy day!
If you are travelling on a budget the hotel food is cheaper and in our experience much better than that to be found in the old town. The lanacun (sp?) , a sort of meat pizza served withan enormous salad preceeded by the obligatory flatbread and salad and deep fried cheesey things will set you back 4 lira... that's about £1.20.
Loved it. We will be back!

• Stayed: September 2013
6  Thank easygoingrainbow
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Let me preface this by saying I am a veteran of cheap accommodation. I am generally of the opinion that providing it has somewhere to sleep, and preferably somewhere to wash, it is fine.

Which brings me to my first point. The shower did not work, it only pumped out cold water and I mean COLD water. Even in the 40C summer heat it was too cold to use.

The corridor to our room smelt rather strongly of urine, and despite it being a no smoking hotel, the cleaner was allowed to smoke (well, maybe she wasn't allowed, but it wasn't stopping her!).

The tattooist situated on site next to the pool was slightly disturbing, esp looking at some of his work...

The air con in the room was not included in the price of the room, so we did not bother with it out of principle. For those interested, I seem to remember it was an extra 10 euro/day though I could be wrong on that.

We had breakfast included in our price, which was what seemed to be the typical Turkish hotel breakfast (mostly watermelon) which did the job but wasn't what I would have chosen.

Overall, it was somewhere to sleep and was reasonably well located (close to the beach, market, etc), but I will not be staying here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank roadtripper316
Reviewed August 8, 2013

on arrival given a double bed for three of us,had to wait till 6pm the following day for another room.went all inclusive,food diabolical,cold chips for breakfast,boiled eggs,usual salad of olives,cheese,meat of some kind,warm water,warm juice if they had any.had to eat out for two weeks that we were there.warm beer,cheap brands of pop,complained to no avail,pool area dirty,glasses,ashtrays left dirty hanging about.jacuzzi empty and full of rubbish..evening meals,two hot dishes,and either rice or chips again and a salad assortment.soup in a pot which was ok ish. we ate about three meals in two weeks.set times for meals, no snacks available ,no kids entertaiment apart from a ripped pool table ,which they wanted to charge you for using.a table tennis table right by someones room. went to beach every day to get away from hotel.

Room Tip: dont go here
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Had a nice time rooms brilliant and clean all staff could not do enough for you and willing to help food excellent will stay again next year , as we went on bed breakfast this year and next year will be half board as had some beautiful food each night and barbeque and buffet nights and entertainment brilliant pool was clean and day out at beach was ( FREE ) transport there and back and had free sun beds and umbrellas and clean beach and water and nice food on the beach restaurant thank you all Staff cleaners , and waiters and all management for our lovely holiday we will be coming back we stayed in (ROOM 302 ) Malcolm Liz ( July 5th to 16th 2013 )

Room Tip: looking out on the pool side
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Malcolm M
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Just had a lovely week at the Palmiye Hotel . The manager was friendly and helpful and the staff made us very welcome.
Our room was spotless and a good size. We were half Board the food wasn't the best but for what we paid I didn't expect 5*.
Dennis always had a smile and was extremely friendly. The Beach was about 10 mins walk but the shuttle Bus picks up outside the hotel .. Great beaches !!!!!
Will go back

I

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank jane2116
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I have just returned from a weeks holiday in the Palmiye Hotel, and I cant wait to go back next year!!!. The hotel was spotlessly clean, the staff were very friendly (always a smile and a hello), the food was also lovely, I was half board which was excellent value. The rooms were simply furnished with a good size bathroom and balcony, and the pool area was nice and quiet, with plenty of sunbeds for everyone. The hotel is near to shops and restaurants and a short walk to the main town of Side. There is a free bus to the beautiful beach from the hotel, and the Dolmus stops outside to take you to Side for a small charge. I have to say a special thankyou to Deniz the restaurant manager whos level of cutomer service was outstanding, always going the extra mile to make you feel a valued customer. I cant wait to return next year, I highly recommend this lovely family run hotel, top marks!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo