“The worst hotel ive ever been to!!!”

Horus Paradise Luxury Resort
Ranked #79 of 227 Hotels in Side
Bristol, United Kingdom
“The worst hotel ive ever been to!!!”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We arrived at the hotel around 4pm, to no food kept for us on arrival, and no available food till 7pm. I had booked my holiday seperately to my family, so i wasnt checked in until the stupid kid behind the desk finally noticed... that was the start of this hurrendous adventure. I was sharing a room with my sister & her two young children, and had actually booked a family room. we got to the room by being pushed into a mini van and karted around the hotel grounds, and when we finally jumped out, we were greeted by a rusty spiral staircase, with mops and cleaning equipment flung at the bottom of them. Not only that, there was a lovely set of toilets and a door saying'disco' right at the bottom... trying to get up the stairs was just a nightmare. we got into the room, and it was appauling. door handles fell off when you touched them, the beds were stained and dirty, and the bathroom shower had leaked and had mould all around the bath. the bell boy actually said that 'if' we didnt like the room we should call reception. i called them that minute. i was told that i could change the room at 10am the next morning because they were full. i agreed. we didnt actually sleep that night, because the the vibrating and noise of the disco kept us all up. I was so angry, not for my sake, but the childrens. we went to reception the next morning, and we mentioned the room number & immeditely the manager understood and was very sorry. we were moved to another family room, which, was also up a spiral staircase, but not a rusty one, and the view was beautiful. this still was not what we had booked, however. We booked a 5 star, not a 2 star. The food, was very interesting... ive never ate the same meal every night before & it was beginning to grate on me by the 4th night. we actually started eating out, mainly because we didnt want to fight for our food again... (Germans are so greedy) and eat the same crap, which was probably being reheated!! The staff were rude, and i was told by reception that its my problem that im english and that they cater for germans and russians. I was even told by another guest to 'get over it' that no one or nothing was in english. He was so lucky i had children with me, i was fuming. Theres also no point in finding a sunbed on the beach at any time of day except 7am..... the germans save seats and go off walking around all day.. pretty selfish. We met a few people from the animation team on a personal basis and they were brillaint. we had a nice few drinks with them a couple of nights so at least someone was happy to talk to us. the kids club, however, was realllllyyy boring, there wasnt a load of activities available. i think this might have been due to the end of season (we went october 22nd-29th.)
I would highly reccomend that if you are english, dont go to this hotel. You will be wasting your money.We also were told by some turkish friend in the centre of Side that this hotel was the worst ever, and never to go there again. This is only a tiny bit of what we went through on this holiday, and i have never met turkish people with bad attitudes before, but this was on another level, not to mention the germans. I spent alot of money for alot of.... nothing. Thank you for your time in reading this, as i wish someone had told me before i spent money on this place!!

Room Tip: Stay in the main building!!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
9 Thank Jessy C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I spent a week in this hotel at the end of September 2012. The aim of the vacation was to just relax and unwind and the place happened to be perfect for that. The territory of the hotel is truly huge (even by Turkish standards) with main building (which is very beautiful and well kept) were all facilities are located and a number of bungalows spread over the green gardens. As the territory is so big it`s very quiet, peaceful and you don’t meet to many people.
Huge benefit of the hotel is very nice long sandy beach with plenty of sun beds where you don’t have to worry about not being able to find one for yourself no matter what time you decide to go there. For people who prefer to stay around the pool, there are 2 big pools (and water slides!!!).
The food was very good both in main restaurant and in bar at the beach. We didn´t try the al á carte as there was plenty of great dishes available during all day. Plus I was very impressed with the local wine that was served I usually tend to avoid local drinks but decided to give it a try and was pleasantly surprised! There were no problems with stomach at all given the change of food and consumption of local wine so I think it’s a positive thing to mention.
We stayed at one of the bungalows with garden view and the bathroom was disappointing- too small and dark. I guess rooms in main building were better as i`d rate bungalows as 3 stars.
I guess that during last 2 days of my stay the hotel was fully booked as all of the sudden it was very hard to find tables in the open areas for dinner and breakfasts and there were huge amounts of people in the restaurants, so some people had to share tables with strangers. So I’m not sure what its really like during high season.
The hotel is located in front of the embankment that is running along the beach and leads to Side which is located in a nice harbor and has ruins that are worth a visit.
Overall impression is very good and I would highly recommend this place.

Room Tip: I would say- go for rooms in the main building (more luxery) or if u want to have sea view go for be...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank Smityush
Side, Turkey
Reviewed May 17, 2012

We spent one week at Hours Paradise resort and spa in may 2012, two grownups and our six year old son. The hotelarea was the biggest I´ve ever seen and the mainbuilding was fabulous, orangethrees all over the area. Absolutely 5 stars as promised. We arrived at 04:30 in the morning. Don´t wait in lobby for the driver to come and pick you up. It´s better to wait outside by the luggage - otherwise other turists occupie the driver and you´ll have to wait. At 4:30 in the morning with a six year old son, that´s not funny! Some people just don´t know how to wait for their turn.

The ordinary personal at hotel was wonderful. They did not speek english, but it didn´t matter.
The animationteam on the other hand was amazing. We spent time with them both in the miniclub piratehunting as in poolgames, Yoga and karaokenight and they had a high standard in the activites.

The food was very good, both in main restaurant and in beachresturant. We didn´t try the al á carte.
We had our room in one of the bugalows with garden wiew. Absolutely not 5 stars.My grade is 3 stars. Very small, the hardes bed ever and cockroaches, only 2, but anyway.

Over all, we are satiesfied, with a better room in would be fantatic.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank 634CarinaM
Wolverhampton
Reviewed May 7, 2012

Spent a week here in July 2011, the hotel was clean and well kept. All staff were helpful and friendly. The interest was the number of russians that seem to decend on the food areas as they opended particularly at lunch when it would be better to describe it as the arrival of a swarm of locus all carrying plenty to help them through the day both on the plates and their physical presence. We stayed all incusive so it was not surprising based on the majority of guests with us that there was plenty of variety in vodka and a bit short in most other drinks. The food was of a good standard. The hotel is about a 30 min walk from the resort of Side, which has a pleasent harbour area and few ruins that are worth a visit. Overall ok and not the end of the world with so few brits but took some getting used to at lunch experience!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank BeenThereWillYou
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 21, 2012

Wonderfull, amazing, soooo good.. I love this hotel. Animations & animation team are best things. Its boys are so sweet :D I want to come here again. Yes, I will come!! I waiting summer only this hotel <3

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Directioner
Trnava, Slovakia
Reviewed January 29, 2012

We had perfect time at this hotel. Rooms were very nice, cleaning every day. The choice of food at the restaurant was very good and we also had dinner at ala carte restaurant three times in a week, all in a price of all inclusive :) Beach was nice and there was always plenty of sunbeds and parasols. However it was nearly impossible to find empty sunbeds at the pool but we didnt mind, we spent everyday at the beach. Entertainment program was very nice too, every night there was different show, they did kids and teenage clubs, sports all day (boccia, pilates, darts, football, pool games...).
The only thing I didnt like was that there was poor choice of cocktails at the bar and they only made them in the top bar so when we wanted to have a cocktail and then watch a show we had to walk all the way down... Plus there were so many Russians who are not able to behave normally, but I think that is something you cannot control...

Overall we had a great time at this hotel and I would recommend it to everyone :)

Room Tip: there were three types of rooms, rooms in the hotel were nicest but also most expensive. We stayed i...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank Zuzana M
Reviewed November 2, 2011

This hotel was TOTALLY different as it was portrayed on website. It is, and to my mind ,will Always have the MOST RUDEST, UNPROFESSIONAL Staff EVER encountered in any one place!! They made me and my partner feel very very unwelcome and I cannot stress enough JUST HOW RUDE they are!!! They absolutey HATE the British holidaymakers in this resort hotel and they make sure that you know it!!! I've never been so glad to get home after what was supposed to be a luxury resort. The cabin rooms were absolutely dingy, dirty and falling apart!! We had no electricity in our room for over 24 hrs and no one cared!!!! PLEASE CAREFULLY CONSIDER GOING HERE AS TPYOU WILL BE SEVERELY DISAPPOINTED!

• Stayed July 2011