Melas Resort Hotel
$146
$141
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Side Resort Hotel(Side)(Great Value!)
$80
$252
Hotels.com
$93
  • Breakfast included
Lemas Suite Hotel(Side)(Great Value!)
$54
$32
$176
getaroom.com
$200
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbeach barmini barholiday villageside sea viewturkeythomas cookmain restaurant is buffet stylesaladindoor poolgreat holidayfish nightevening entertainmentgreat choice of fooda la cartealcoholic drinksspa staffsomething for everyone
Reviewed May 14, 2013

have visited this resort before and chose this hotel as it was a little nearer to the town ,30mins gentle stroll to towns edge ,which is a nice enough distance as some all inclusive hotels are isolated.On arrival we were given a drink until room allocated ,families are to what appears to be underground ,but when you get in the room the balcony is high up although the view is a sea view you look down on the next hotels beach restaurant,the room was spacious but the child bed was actually a chaise longue ,I returned to reception to enquire about a bed but was told they were camp beds and very uncomfortable, I also asked about a higher floor but was told these rooms were too small for families ,bearing in mind I had emailed the hotel days before to check a few things .I thought that the bed /chaise was not really suitable for a 10 yr old and thomas cook need to address this in the brochure.That aside the food ,staff (except reception) and animation team were wonderful and all the facilities excellent,everywhere was spotless .sports equipment required a deposit of 20 euro/pounds only saw thomas cook guest pay .the final night left us on a sour note as my husband had returned to the room for an early night but taken both keys ,when I realised but could not wake him and didnt want to make too much noise as we were in the family area, I returned to reception to ask if i could I have a spare swipe key ,this was refused as I had two it was,nt until after midnight when I got my very upset grandson settled down on a sofa in reception another member of staff took pity and issued another key ,the fact that my husband is a diabetic and could have been ill did,nt make them sympathetic.

Room Tip: family rooms in a poor position
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank Dennis C
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I recently just got back from the melas hotel and resort in side turkey, me and my partner booked late and didn't really have turkey in mind but im glad we went. We stayed in the hotel at the back looking onto the beach. The room we had was perfect. Everything was spotless and very modern. The mini bar gets refilled daily with coke fanta effes and water. The bathroom had a jacusi bath which was immense after a long days traveling and the walk in shower was refreshing also. We got given 2 single beds but our holiday rep told us we could request a double. So we did and they pushed the two together with a double bed sheet and filled the gap in the middle. Was just like a normal double bed. Breakfast was really good, but very german minded. Dont expect a full english. Basically just different types of egg and pancakes. There is an omelette counter that you can personalise your own which was really good. Dinner and tea were also fantastic. There is always plenty of choice and it was always delicious. In the restaurant we had our ownly problem, my partner has a 3 year old little girl who was constantly pestered by two of the waiters, every time they walked past they were pinching her cheek or stealing her glasses. to picking her up and spinning her around. this wasnt the case for all the staff most were lovely but the restaurant we found we could only sit in certain areas. we eventually had enough and told the waiters to leave us alone whilst eating. and they were upsetting the child. We booked into the restaurant one night on the top floor which was disappointing. The food was nice but the service was very strange and i got my main corse 20 minutes before my partner. I wouldnt recommend going.. But apparently the Chinese one is good. The whole hotel isnt somewhere ide recommend for people who have trouble walking. As you have to go up a flight of stairs to get tonevery floor. Its a strange design. Whatever floor you get off on in the lift. You will get out at the bottom of 12 steps leading to the floor you want. We sometimes found it a drag with the pushchair but didnt really phase us. All the pools are fantastic. We used the slide pool in the holiday village and the hotel pool the most. The hotel pool was ideal as if you want a dip in the pool to cool off but youve not suncreamed your back or whatever you can use the indoor pool. The slides were fun in the holiday village.. About a 5 minute walk they only come on at 10am-12. And 2:30pm-4. If i was going with 2 or more children i think the holiday village would be a better suited stay as its more child friendly. On a night there are 2 stages with shows on every night one neer the mini club on the beach and one neer the pool in the hotel. The animation team put on great shows by the beach mainly children aimed and more sophisticated shows by the pool. Waiters are always ontop of your drinks and it got to the stage whenever i had half a lager left they brought a full one over again. We got on very well with loads i the staff at the melas and were made to feel very welcome Ive never stayed in a 5* hotel before so im unsure if its good standard in that respect but i know that we all had a lovely time and ide go back in a heartbeat. 9/10 for me

Dan
York

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank DanMalarkey
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Just returned from the Melas Resort Side, our first trip to Antalya, this is one of the best hotels, compared to others.We arrived in the dark so couldn't see a lot, but on our return to the airport we were so grateful we had stayed at the Melas. The hotel was very good with an excellent beach location, but a couple of things niggled us.The Melas states that it is an all inclusive hotel serving food till midnight. We arrived at the hotel after at 11.30pm after travelling all day, we were not to worried about this as we knew we would be able to get something to eat and drink on our arrival.Reception sent us down to the pool bar were they supposedly served snacks till midnight, to be told no snacks,but this was the case every night, no food available after 9.00pm so why advertise otherwise.WiFi is not free but payable at reception, one free beach towel per person per stay, after this you need to pay a euro per towel. Some staff were second too non, but very difficult to explain what you want if you are English,this is a German orientated resort.This hotel also trades in Euro rather than Turkish lira.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank deborahlewis61
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I have just come back from melas resort and had a great holiday. The hotel is absolutely gorgeous and so clean. The location is good and it was great to be able to walk to the beach easily. There are a lot of steps in the resort so a little challenging for the elderly and young families however the melas holiday village next door is easier.
Food&Drink: The food and drinks were great too. Best all inclusive I have ever been on. Breakfast is buffet style and there is an area where you can get your own choice of omelette made which was popular with guests. They had the usual cereals, fruit, every kind of bread you could ever want, sausages, scrambled eggs, boiled eggs and so on. They also had pancakes, waffles and crepes.
For lunch, you could dine in the main restaurant or you could eat at the beach bar. I chose to eat at the beach bar where they served cheeseburgers, spaghetti Bolognaise, pizza, chips etc and they also had a self service salad bar which was lovely.
The hotel has a patisserie which was opened 12-5 and is located next to the shops in the lobby. It is gorgeous inside and during the afternoon, guests can help themselves to tea, coffee, juice, rolls, biscuits and cakes.
In the evening, dinner is served in the restaurant or you can go to the restaurant on the 9th floor which needs to be booked in advance. Book early though as it gets busy and is not open on Sundays. All in all, I could not complain about the food and I saw one of the managers eating their food from the restaurant too which is always a good sign!
Rooms: The rooms were absolutely gorgeous. Really modern and the rain shower in the bathroom was absolutely amazing. After spending hours traveling, this shower was devine! Normally when I go on holiday abroad, I search the room top to bottom looking for any unwelcome guests (cockroaches etc) but the rooms in this hotel were so nice that there was no need. The maid was lovely too. She did a great job cleaning the rooms and folding our clothes and she respected our choice to stay in the room later some mornings. The minibar in the room is filled daily so you get a knock on the door around 9.30am. The minibar had beer, water, cola and fanta or sprite. In your room you will find beach towels. You use this for the duration of your stay and if you need a new one then you pay for it. You also get 2 small towels and 2 bath towels in your room and two dressing gowns which people wore around the pool etc as it was quite chilly some days. There is a hair dryer in the bathroom and you are given soap, shampoo and conditioner and sower gel.
The rooms nor the hotel has an iron so take one with you!
You can get wifi at the hotel which is cheaper to buy in a package than an hour every now and then.
Other guests: only about 5% were English. The rest were mainly German. This was no problem for me but what was a problem was how we were treated differently from the other guests. For example, everyone appeared to be shown to tables in the restaurant, clean tables prepared for them, drinks brought over regularly etc but for us, this wasn't the case. This didn't ruin my holiday, just made me a little frustrated as to why we were treated so differently. I do think if you were going in the heat of summer with a large party then this kind of behaviour from the waiters would hit a nerve or two. Hopefully the hotel management will take on board the feedback given to them and things on that front will improve.
Animation/entertainment: Pretty much catered for the other nationalities that go to this hotel and the animation team were certainly more confident engaging in conversations with non-English speakers. The best staff member of the animation team was definitely Ibo. He always spoke to us in English and had a joke with us. When he saw us in the hotel he would talk to us whereas other members of the animation team would only speak to the other non English guests. He got us up to dance at one of the dance shows and he was able to talk to us about the other activities in the hotel such as volleyball. He was able to tell us about bingo and where we should go to participate in it which was really nice and made us feel welcomed. We definitely miss Ibo now we are home. He is a credit to the hotel and I hope the management in the hotel understand that. If the hotel had more English guests stay at it, I know everyone would love Ibo.
The hotel has a disco in it. It was very quiet as it was low season but when we went we asked for English music instead of german and every time we went, he always kept to our request. I can't remember the Djs name but he was brilliant and always said hello to us when he passed by.

Although we felt a little like second class citizens by most of the waiters, we didn't let it spoil our holiday. Ibo made our holiday fantastic and we can't wait to come back again to see him and next time, we will bring our family.

Thank you to everyone who made an effort to speak English to us and if you go to melas, look out for smiling and dancing Ibo!

P.s just found out our bank cards were cloned and the only place we all used our bank cards was across the Main Street from the hotel at the ATM machine so beware!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank travelaholic0128
Reviewed April 7, 2013

just returned from the melas hotel and i must say it was fantastic. got there at 2 in the morning and was greeted at the door by the staff and shown to our room. the rooms are a great size and have everything you could want, no need to take towels for the room or beach as all there including white robes. shower is to die for wish i could have bought it home. lovely outdoor pool which looked very inviting but was very cold and a lovely heated indoor pool with steam room and saunas. the food was amazing lots of different places to eat and lots of choice. hotel is right on the beach with a nice walk up the prom to the shops at side. we were able to keep our room until 3 in the afternoon at no extra charge on our last day and you can eat and drink until you are picked up unlike some hotels. Just one downside and that was it was very much predominantly germans staying there, but thats not the hotels fault and really didnt matter to us and it may be a case that once the season starts properly in a few weeks there may be more english people staying there but this certainly wouldnt put me off going there again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family