“Clean, relaxing and friendly. Much better than expected!”
Review of Lemas Suite Hotel

Lemas Suite Hotel
Ranked #36 of 228 Hotels in Side
Reviewed June 21, 2010

My partner and I have just come back from a very relaxing week at the Lemas Suite Hotel. We booked it as a late deal and were a little anxious about what it would be like after reading some of the reviews. However, we were pleasantly surprised by everything. The location was good. It was on the edge of the built up area and as a result was quite quiet and relaxing. Only 10-15 mins walk down to the beach and you can walk to Side old town in about 45 mins total from Lemas along the promenande. The easiest way out to the main road and the beach is to take a left, right, left and then right again from the main entrance of the hotel. The rooms were very clean and the maids came in every day to clean and left fresh towels. The gardens and pool areas were really nice and always kept clean and tidy. We had a turkish bath in the spa on site and it was a really good way to start the holiday. The food was brilliant. We did not have one bad meal either at the Lemas Suite Hotel or at any other restaurants that we went to in Side. The staff at Lemas were always friendly and helpful. Beyshir and Shine are particularly great. Overall we had a lovely holiday and would recommend anyone to stay at Lemas.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ClareSomerset
There are newer reviews for Lemas Suite Hotel

Reviewed May 22, 2010

As a solo traveller seeking relaxation, sun and archaeology Lemas was a perfect base.
All the staff were lovely - extremely welcoming, professional, courteous and helpful at all times. Not at all pushy or intimidating.
Set amongst well-tended gardens with lots of flowers and greenery, there is a large swimming pool and children's pool with good amenities on site - little shop for food etc., hairdresser, massage, manicure, pedicure.
My room was very comfortable and spacious, with TV, air conditioning, sunny balcony, & was cleaned every day. Double glazed so no do disturbing noise at night time.
Excellent restaurant with buffet breakfast. Snacks, food and drink available at all times. Good varied menu for evening meal & ate there most nights. One evening one of the guests was celebrating a birthday and the tables were beautifully decorated by the staff with rose petals,flowers and candles - very pretty and romantic.
Small, friendly and welcoming bar area with choice of music (TV and even Kararaoke if required!). I think a Turkish night (just 1 night a week) is planned for later in the season, but generally quiet and unobtrusive, nice place to chat and relax. If "wilder" entertainment required, thediscos are not too far away.
Wouldn't really recommend to anyone with walking difficulties as no lifts and surrounding roads unsurfaced and a little potholed. *Map provided by Thomsons not good -not to scale and no street names so difficult to find way around on foot BUT hotel does provide FREE minibus service provided to one of the beaches near Side village which can be used to visit Side village, museum and archaeological sites. Local dolmus costs around £1 each way. Local bus station (ottogar) in Side village. Taxi from Side around £7. To walk to nearest beach takes around quarter of an hour. To walk to Side village, a pleasant walk along surfaced sea front parade or sandy beach, takes around another half hour.
*Tourist Informatin Centre provides a better map & has lots of useful brochures.
Museum excellent, archaeology and wild flowers are stunning.
Didn't eat out much as the hotel restaurant was so good, but if going to see the ruins at sunset (spectacular) would recommend the "no frills" ( with great home cooking )- Caretta cafe/restaurant just outside main City Gate raised above the beach. Lovely views, relaxing music and a couple of little pet rabbits and pet tortoise with 4 tiny babies! Also tried slightly posher one called Alaturk which has pet turtles and photos of the local Caretta turtles which are sometimes to be seen near the beach. They do a good mixed meze dish. The restaurants on the harbour front looked nice but hassle from pushy touts so perhaps best avoided.
I had a really enjoyable & relaxing stay at the Lemas and met some lovely people, both Turkish and English & would not hesitate to return. A perfect choice for me - but not for you if you really want 5 star comfort in the centre of all the action.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank JIngs006
Reviewed January 18, 2010

I don’t quite understand that people feel that it was an awful holiday it was nothing but bliss. Personally I enjoyed the nine nights that I stayed it.
My partner and I arrived on the 28/06/09. First impression where, ‘Oh my! Where are we?’ We arrived early hours of the morning and I didn’t like it one bit. I thought we were miles away from shops and didn’t see any other hotels around just the dusty road. Checking in was simple and easy. We were then shown to our rooms and luggage was carried for us.
Rooms: the rooms were not to my taste however, who spends their holiday in the hotel room? The room was basic with your only electric socket in the bathroom. So re-ironing clothes wasn’t too easy, but if you don’t mind ironing on the floor it will be easy to cope with. The rooms were cleaned daily and towels and sheets where replaced every other day.
Pools : there are two pools. The larger of the two is central to the hotel which can get rather busy during the day although trying to get sun loungers was not a problem. I spent most of my time around the smaller pool. The second is outside the hotel and across the dusty road it is smaller however, much quieter there is a bar near both pool so getting access to drinks were not a problem.
Staff: although you don’t see the manger often and when you do see him he always seem to have a face like a slapped bum, the staff are welcoming and always up for a laugh. The barman Olkay (Olly) is the entertainment himself. If you don’t like a strong vodka, tell him. All the Waiters are friendly and try and get around as much of the guest as possible and introduce themselves.
Entertainment: although there isn’t much entertainment the staff are entertainment within themselves. They get up and dance every night without fail. On the Turkish night there is set entertainment where belly dancers come in and entertain by the pool.
Food: although the breakfast is basic, there is a range of food of a menu that you can choose from. The food was great, especially when you go out for a meal to the local surrounding area. Turkish night in the Hotel is an all you can eat. There is plenty of different types of meat to try and I strongly advise to try it.
Local: as I stated before it felt like I was miles from anything which just wasn’t the case what so ever. A three minute walk away come out of the hotel turn left walk to the top of the road about 100m the turn left again walk 100m and turn left on the long strip of bars, restraunts and bazaars. Shop owners will entice you in but they won’t force you in if you stay firm and politely decline their offer.
Beach: the beach is a little further than stated in the brochure on regard to this every morning at 10.00am and 11.00am there is a free bus to the beach. When you get there sun loungers are on offer at about 3TL each which is cheap. But if you don’t wish to sit on them you can lie on the sand. The beaches are clean although there is one part with is much further down the beach if you take a walk where it is not as tidy. There is plenty of water sports if you wish to take part.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DJLKJKP
Reviewed October 12, 2009

My sister and I booked this hotel last minute based on Trip Advisor reviews and were not disappointed. The purpose of our holiday - to relax and unwind - we did just that - very happy with our choice and I would go back again.

Rooms - basic but fresh and clean. Better than the 5* hotel I stayed in with my husband 2 weeks before in Crete! On arrival my pregnant sister and I had been allocated a double bed and this was sorted out the next day with no fuss. All rooms have balconies and I doubt you would get a 'bad' room here.

Food - the hotel food was good but I am glad we only booked B&B as there are plenty of good restaurants within walking distance and we would have got bored of the hotel food. Recommend the Pelikan close by - fantastic!

Location - this was the only downside to the hotel, its further away from the beach than you might think, however you get a free shuttle bus to and from the beach and you can easily get local transport or a taxi to the main area of Side. On the PLUS side, everything is much cheaper and better around the hotel than in Side itself and the restaurant owners are friendlier and more chilled out.

Staff - 'Mr Fix It' at the front desk sorted out both the room issue and extra pillows for my sister with enthusiasm and a smile! The waiters were brilliant, very relaxed and friendly.

Pool - clean and we never had to fight for a sunlounger - this was end Sept though.

Beach - do it - its lovely. The beach shuttle takes you to a the Appollo Temple Beach cafe and its 6 TL about £2.80 for a sunlounger all day - and the food is good and the drinks are cheaper then at the hotel. The beach waiter even refused a tip and was charming and helpful.

Shopping - loads to buy but I just could not be bothered!

WARNING - do not use the hotel Turkish Bath or massage - book with the tour company instead. This man tried to tell my sister she could have a Turkish bath whilst 6 months pregnant when we know already she could not. Also spoke to a couple of people who were suffering with neck and knee pain after their massage. Other said the Turkish bath was dirty. I went on the one booked with the rep and it was lovely.

Highly recommended for a budget end hotel. Side is a lovely location too.

• Stayed: September 2009
Reviewed September 9, 2009

i was worried after reading some of the awful reviews that i may have made a big mistake booking this holiday,how wrong i was.We arrived at Lemas around midnight the staff very welcoming on arrival and helpfull,they helped carrying the suitcases upstairs,there is no lift but this was stated in the brochure,the room was very spacious for a family of four and very clean,the maids came in daily to clean at your convienence and beds made daily,the towels where changed every other day,we stayed as self catering guests,the facilities in the room where basic but we had no intention of spending our holiday in the room,the air con is only in the bedroom but we found by closing the curtains during the day kept some of the heat out and my 2 teenage lads slept soundly each night,the pool area was clean and for the week of our stay we saw the staff cleaning the area daily,throught our stay we hardly heard a noise from other apartments and the complex was fully booked,we didn't even have to fight for sun beds,not once was i challenged by hotel staff for eating or drinking my own food and drink around the pool area,as stated in other reviews, the place didn't have cats all over the place it had one kitten that you hardley saw,i didn't get issued with a card to pay for meals and drinks at the hotel bar and restaurant we paid cash for eveything and no we didn't get over charged,no it wasn't over expensive and the staff where extremley pleasant to all guests regardless of nationality.We didn't eat much at the hotel as we wanted to try different restaurants as this was the first time we had been to Turkey,none of the hotel staff challenged us at all for not eating at the hotel.The shop was basic but certainally not expensive and i never paid anything like the ridiculous prices for drinks etc as quoted in previous reviews,the hotel is a little off the beaten track but all the bars and restaurants know of Lemas and will offer and a free collect and return service to get your custom and they do stick to this promise,it takes aprox 7 mins to get to the main street,yes the road's are a bit dusty and dark so do what we did and take a pocket tourch!!.It takes approx 15 mins to get to the beach on foot,and no matter where you go someone will try and sell you something,unless you are sat reading a book and they will leave you alone,the watersports are great and the beach is beautifull,there are some dirty areas of the beach but this is where it will say free sunbeds,just avoid that particular part,it cost us 4 lira for 4 sunbeds for the day which is nothing really.Every shop and bar has someone outside to hastle you just say no thankyou and carry on walking they give up eventually but all these people are doing is trying to make a living for themselves and their family so try and be tolerante and avoid being rude.If you don't fancy the walk the hotel provides a free beach bus twice daily,we didn't go to turkish night at Lemas as it was on the night of arrival and departure,but a must place to eat is DELO's on the main street,the staff are fantastic,they where excellent 2 my teenage lads,they played pool with them which was free i must add,they had football on and they also gave them free use of their laptop so they could use the internet,the food was delicious and excellent service and the greeter outside called "Mr Happy" is an absolute diamond.Both myself and my husband made some real nice friends with some of the locals,and my lads made good friends with the waiters,they have some enterainment on which was a turkish belly dancer much to the delight of my 17 year old,and a snake show.I honestly couldn't fault this place it was fasinating walking around the shops and bazzar,we didn't use taxis or the dolmus as we had far more fun walking around and trying to avoid being hasstled, and trying different bars and dance bars and the turkish people are wonderfull,you will always get a grumpy person but that's life!, oh at the hotel lady's go and treat yourself to a manicure at the salon it costs next to nothing well less than half the price of the uk,we didn't get enough time to try the turkish bath and massage's but i believe they are wonderfull,and don't be frightened to say no if the staff try and sell this to you if it's not your cup of tea they will only ask once and then leave you be,if you are unfortunate to have something break down in your apartment as we did (electrics) the hotel have staff all day and night on standby to repair,we waited less than 5 mins and they got it going again,i would definatley go back to Lemas again in the future,and would ask people to please ignore the negative reviews if you want 5 star then pay the extra and go 5 star.Side is a wonderfull place and plenty to do for everyone,and for the price Lemas is a great place to stay,one thing is that in peak season you can't book a late check out,and the holding room is reception to keep your suitcase but if you ask the day before for 20 lira you can get a late check out,everyone i spoke to and ourselves managed to get one and we stayed in middle of August,Turkey is very resonabilly priced but don't expect to get something for nothing,the Turkish people have bills to pay as well as us,but was certainally alot cheaper than what we paid in Spain last year and more fun when bartering,i would definatley return again and will be recommending friends and family to come and stay,,,

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 16, 2009

We stayed at the Lemas Apts for 2 weeks from 26/06/09 and we had a lovely time.
There is a review from someone who arrived the same day as us don't be put off by their comments they must be from another planet!!!!!
Any way we were with my Mum and Aunty both 70. They had a ground floor studio and we had a one bed apt which was very spacious.
My mum and Aunty had a few things go wrong in their room and when this was reported to reception they couldn't have been more helpful and courteous.
We found the rooms and complex to be very clean and the staff worked hard to keep it that way.
Mr fix it and the rest to the reception staff were great.
Some people have said that they felt pressured by Freddie who was at the bar and restaurant to eat at the hotel. Freddie did ask us most nights whether we would be eating at the hotel and when we said no this wasn't a problem and we didn't feel pressured at all, after all it is his job to try and keep business at the hotel. We did stay for the Turkish night which was great.
The pool area by the bar was busy and unfortunatley you will always get the inconsiderate people that feel the need to reserve their sunbeds the night before and no they weren't the Germans they were the English!! however there was another pool for the hotel just over the road from reception which was lovely and we always managed to get a sun bed any time of day.
We found the Lemas to be ideally situated and not in the back of beyond. It obvious from reviews from other people that they don't walk any where.
It was about a 10min stroll to the main road were there were some restaurants and you could pick up the dolmus into Side which took under 10 mins.
We walked to Side a few times along the beach which took about 45 mins. There are plenty of bars and restaurants along the beach to stop off at on your way.
Side has loads of shops and restaurants and is well worth a visit.
A taxi back to the Lemas with a tip was 10L

We took the hotel courtesy bus a few times to the beach which is by the dolmus station. The beach here was lovely and much nicer than the one by where we were staying. We also had something to eat at the beach bar a few time which was nice and not expensive.

So if your looking for value for money and somewhere that is quite, but too far away everything you sould do far worst then stay at the Lemas

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank julieann18
Reviewed August 13, 2009

I have a large family of 6 children, we had a two week holiday here. First impression is that it is surrounded by dirt roads.
Rooms and Pool were very clean and spacious, maid comes every day with fresh towels every couple of days. Children's pool very clean. Hotel has its own shop with not a lot in there. Local small supermarkets are within small walk, bottles of water and coca cola very cheap (cheaper if bought outside the hotel). Some of the staff speak quite good English but are all very nice and friendly. Weather was very hot. Turkish baths are a nice relaxing way to start your holiday, start with a soak, then scrub then massage.
There are shops and restaurants within a ten minute walk. ( Walk to the New Garden Hotel, turn left and walk straight up the road). Food is superb in this area of Turkey, you get bread before your meal, melon after your meal, which is complimentary. Very affordable. Manavgat Market is fantastic, where you can barter by nearly half, taxi ride away. There is also a slightly smaller market on Saturdays in Side. You are able to visit the Mosque but women must be covered from head to toe (men are ok), some of them will supply for you to borrow. We are going back next year 2010.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family