“Nice hotel”

and 1 more site!
Irem Garden Hotel & Apartments
Ranked #123 of 229 Hotels in Side
Reviewed July 19, 2011

This was a nice hotel with big rooms. The room we got was very nice, a downside is that there is no elevator and we lived in 4th floor and we had a baby with us that had a big stroller. But we had it under the stairs so it worked out fine.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed March 24, 2011

l have been there last year with my friends... we liked there very much ..becouse new and nice apartments ...very close to the big sandy beach ...only 1 km to town ... we allso liked the food at the resteurant in the hotel ...Turkish night was great ..Belly dancer and open buffet Turkish foods and grills ...l can recomend everyone to go to irem ...

Most of comments on this website for the OLD IREM APARTMENTS as l see...which is closed at 2006...the New IREM HOTEL is cross to road opened in 2007 as l heard from hotel staff...

New IREM is Much more modern and clean as l saw...

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank mathiasbla
Reviewed July 26, 2009

this hotel was really clean, big apartments and the food is lovely..there is an english girl called patsie working on the bar and around the pool...so she is there to help and answer any questions...really enjoyed my stay!!!was previousl yin the GUNESI hotel around the corner from the IREM and it was horrible--dirty and not helpful staff...the IREM apartment is only £10.00 per night so is great value for money...
plan to go back in august and stay again at the IREM

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 24, 2009

Irem apartments, might see slightly warn... but it is a nice quite place, with a very frindly and happy staff. Always helpful....But their price for a cop of coffee are too high.
Nice large 3 room apartment, with aircondition in both betrooms and the living room.
Sattellite tv...Hmmm.... not what we here in the north of Europe would call Sattelite tv.
There seems to be missing a few western channels, like CNN, Sky News, or just som engligh speaking news channel and perhaps bbc prime - that would be nice.
But you can actually live without getting the news... perhaps it even would be health for you.
A very nice place, i will reccoment it. And we are going again this year. But this year we have booked two 2room apartments, we hope that the apartments will be naighbour apartments.... if anyone have an email adress to Irem Apartments, pls. let me know. regards fardimsen@hotmail.com
Regards Brix, Denmark... We'll be back !!!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank Steffen_Brix
Reviewed June 14, 2008

This was mine and my boyfriends first holiday abroad without any "grow ups" as it were!

And I have to say I was impressed with everything. I've been to hotels abroad before so I had something to compare it to. We arrived early in the morning and the hotel manager was very helpful, although the coach had a few problems finding it we got there in the end with a few encouraging shouts this way and that!

Staff carried our bags up to our room which was on the top floor. They were very helpful and left us to it. The room was extremely spacious and clean. The bathroom was clean which is the most important bit! The beds were made and there were clean towels.

We were self catering but chose to eat breakfast in the hotel, it was good. I'm normally a fussy eater and careful what I eat abroad but the restaurant area was clean and looked after and we enjoyed our meals there. There was sometimes a bit of a wait on the food whenever we ate there at night but that was because so many of the guests ate there.

The entertainment was fantastic, belly dancers and fire eaters!! Nothing like I have ever seen before! The bar staff were friendly and the waiters were helpful.

The pool was always clean and the area around it has plenty of sun beds.

The only thing that I will say that probably doesn't have anything to do with the hotel itself was that there was a security breach one night. A female guest woke up with a man in her bedroom. Security staff dealt with it promptly but being a young woman in a strange country I couldn't help but feel scared! We slept with the lock on the bedroom door every night, which I would suggest you do that anywhere anyway.

Also, they have a couple of big dogs that walk around the hotel. Friendly enough but one of the younger lads got bitten by one. In my opinion, if you scream and shout in a very hot dogs face and try and play with him he is going to lose his temper. He never showed any viciousness towards us and we were able to stroke him.

I would definately recommend it!!

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled as a couple
1  Thank finxy
Reviewed August 23, 2007

I stayed there and loved it.
I had no problem with the bar because I kept the receipt. Signed every time and settled without dispute.
The rooms are terriific, cleaned daily, excellent bathrooms; great pull down sofa chairs for the little ones.. The views are fine. I could see the green fields and forest and the mountains, when the heat haze subsided, plus a bit of the sea over the crest of the sand dunes a short distance away.
Side town is still great, although the 'all-inclusive' robot cheapo tourists, are taking their toll, it seems. Why do people go all that way to be institutionalised by a feeding routine? Can't go to town because they might miss mealtime at the hotel. Some people bring food in tupperware from the hotels. Really sad to see. It makes the Turks feel like helping them like they are poor beggars.
That is what I love about places like the Irem..you get what you want when you want and it costs so little. Perfect.
If you allow the odd few pence to affect your holiday then you are a sad case. Get a receipt from the barman serving you, and keep it next to the moths in your wallet. What is so dificult about that?
How much was your bar-bill? 3 quid? 5 quid? After the third drink I forget what I've had.
The reception people are great and solve any problem in a few minutes..like magic. They can solve your bar bill also., I'm certain. Did you ask? They cannot do enough for the guests.
This place has been put together by someone who knows tourism and tourists needs inside out. It is a little paradise if you only allow it to happen.
The food was excellent and served quickly by nice waiters. Fish was absolutely the best I've ever had. Top marks to the chef!
Anyway..I had a great time, as did the family. The kids wanted too many ice-creams for my liking!
Turkey is a fabulous place if you leave your problems at the door.
Be nice to them and you'll get it back 100-fold.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
4  Thank Anatolian Smile
Reviewed August 1, 2007

First of all let me explain that the apartments we booked with thompsons are not what you get to stay in. the "old irem "closed to british guests in november last year. the new ones we were allacated,to be fair were much nicer overall. because they are so new,some like ours were not quite finished. i e shutters were fitted later in our stay. we had to ask for glasses and chairs for our balcony. they arrived after 4 days.not major problems.
the grounds and pool areas were spotless and very nice.
most of the staff were very friendly and helpfull, esp the reception staff.
however PLEASE be very wary of the bar staff.
they have many tricks to try and con you.
the most popular one is to try and charge you twice for drinks you have already paid for.( this happened to me 3 times in the 1st 4 days).make sure you pay as you go. the going rate should be 4 t/lire for a large beer, not 10 t/lire as they tried to charge an eldery gent.
make use of the free bus to the beach,it was too far to walk when we were there because of the heat ( 47 degrees)
very nice and friendly guys in the relax bar on the beach.also take a trip into town and see the ruins at apollo temple.
there are some resturants nearby,hawaii and korner being the best.
also there is a lovely bar called the olive bar which is run by a really nice little chap.
overall we had a nice time,looking back i would have liked to be there when it was a little cooler as i like to explore more.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family