“Relaxation at its best”
Review of Beach House Hotel

Beach House Hotel
Ranked #53 of 229 Hotels in Side
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Just returned from this lovely hotel in a perfect loaction. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Despite working long hours in the heat they were always approachable and appeared to be happy to help. Stayed here end of July/start of Aug and was very hot but despite not having air conditioning the room was comfortable enough as there was a constant breeze if you left the door/window open. Ceiling fan also helped. Would have been "perfect" if there was air con but wouldnt stop us from returning. Set just a few steps from the beach and a couple of minutes walk from lots of restaurants and shops. Transfer time from the airport was approx 1 hour.

Room Tip: Front sea view was stunnig and had a good breeze. We stayed in room 304.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ashley B

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Could not of asked for a better chilled out hotel in perfect location and people/staff could not of been more friendly :-). The sound waves restaurant serves up great food and always made to feel welcome.

• Stayed: July 2013
6  Thank frankod2878
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Well we arrived at the above hotel. Our room 207 well firstly It didn't lock, so what is the point of having a key. Its the only room I know where the en suite you can sit on the loo and dangkle your feet in the shower cubicle far far too small. The ceiling fan, what is the point of that? does nothing. on our last day I asked penny if they had air con, she repled all top floor has it and we have some portable ones, why didn't you tell us that in the first place?

I agree about Penny we nick named her the dutchess and her husband the duke they sit there giving out orders to their staff, its was horrible, my partner has severe kidney disease, when the rep came over and we had the meeting my partner asked about an alternative breakfast, they only server Turkish breakfast, which comprises of hard boiled egg, cucumber, tomatoes and bread and jam, not what I call a breakfast this really needs to be listed by Thompson that its Turkish breakfast as its not even a decent continental one just boring I ended up having scrambled eggs and giving more money to the duchess. The sunbeds on the beach are not free despite other comments the ones only free are on a ledge, we saw one of the beach boys give penny ( the duchess) a wad of money so she and the duke clearly own the beach and the sunbeds that you pay for on the beach the money goes to them anyway, (fat cat)

As for the breakfast my partner said can I have an alternative breakfast as I have kidney problems while the rep was there. She came over put her hand on his shoulders and said im sure we can arrange something. Next day when my partner asked her about the arrangement she said there is cereal you can eat cereal cat you, totally reneged on her conversation the night before. The creal was horrid he just ate bread and jam how very 2013 breakfast???

was we happy, well the location is ideal the customer was right about being harranged by restaurant owners to come for food that well and truly annoys you, would I come back to side you bet would I come to beach house hotel again, not to sit on the loo and was my feet in the shower at the same time, I like cheap but not rouging it!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank swanny2013
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I would just like to say ignore the rude comment below from another customer that stayed at Beach House . I travelled there with my husband and grandson early June and we had a fabulous holiday .
We met a group of people that had stayed several times before at the Beach House ... also others that had come for the first time they have also written on here and given the Beach House five stars .
It is a basic 3 star, but its so down to earth with friendly staff and well what more do you want !
go on book you will enjoy and believe me the owners are a lovely family orientatedl. We will be back .. already looking at flights for next year.

BTW.. there is a fridge on second floor for you to keep water in, bring a cool bag to use on the beach and ice blocks as there is a freezer part in it also. Hair dryers are available if you ask, No Iron in room or kettle , but we brought our own and Penny kindly gave us a couple of mugs .. .
There is a small shop next door sells most items cheaper then the town and even UK, sells everything you need .. Better exchange rate in Turkey for Lire.

We had a family room sleeps 4 what a treat overlooking the sea ..
A Holiday is what you make it and its better then the fully inclusives so we will be back next year .

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank nicola1963
Reviewed July 27, 2013

When I arrived at the hotel, I was greeted by a nice staff. A bell boy led me to my room, if you can call it that. The room that was the size of a shoebox. Not only was it incredibly small, there was no air-conditioning. When I asked for air-conditioning, he pointed to the ceiling. There was a fan attached to the ceiling. Not a ceiling fan, a regular desktop fan.
Since I didn't feel like finding a new hotel after travelling from Istanbul, I decided to unpack and make the best of it. I went downstairs to the next level, the teras they call it, and there I walked into a jacuzzi that resembled more of a children's pool. I guess it was a kiddie pool since there were soon 2 children playing in there, splashing around.
Finally, met with the owner, Penny Yeşilipek. I had read a few reviews about this hotel and about her before deciding to book, but disregarded the ones particularly about her, thinking that maybe they just didn't click and it was a one off. I was wrong. She is rude, cold, and a bit conceited. After taking a walk around the beach town, I decided that place wasn't for me at all. Every restaurant calling you over to be their customer, begging and My room, the shoebox, a hot, humid mix of limited oxygen. So, I read the policy about staying a few hours and having to be charged a half day rate. I had checked in around 3:30pm and by the time I went downstairs to check out, it couldn't have been even 9pm yet. She, the owner Penny, rudely said I would have to pay for a full day. I should mention before this, I had callled the hotel before my coming to confirm my reservation, which she said I had none there. I asked to make one then and she took my information. Upon arrival, she asked me if I were the woman on the phone, Carole lynn, I answered 'yes'. She then proceeded to tell me I didn't have a reservation. But the way she said it wasn't very friendly at all. I then understood the reviews. They were right. So I ended up paying for a whole night, 25 euros for nothing. Please don't go to her hotel or even to Side, Antalya. They are only trying to take your money. It is a huge rip-off. The hotel and the city.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
7  Thank intlgirltr
Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I have just returned from a week at the Beach House in Side, Turkey. The location of the hotel is fantastic, in the older part of the town directly opposite the beach.

Upon arrival we were greeted by the owners (Ali + Penny) and the restaurant staff. They were all very welcoming and extremely friendly and helpful throughout out stay. Ali even offered to let my partner watch his TV in his room to see a British rugby match which was not being shown locally.

The room was a little basic and did not have a fridge or hair dryer but was a good size with a lovely balcony overlooking the beach. There was no air con but the ceiling fan was sufficient and we slept better than we had been at home. The room was extremely clean and the maid was so friendly, despite not speaking English. Seeing her daily significantly improved our holiday and her kindness really touched us.

We were slightly surprised about the cost of food and alcohol in Turkey but every meal was delicious and we could not complain about any of the restaurants we ate in or the service we received.

We would highly recommend the hotel and location.

• Stayed: July 2013
5  Thank hclapham
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We have just got back from holiday and had another good year.Everybody were helpful and friendly as last year,the beach is a lot better for The hotel has parts that are free,some you have to pay for that's fine by me its clean and manned by hotel staff,you can order food and drinks while on the beach.
some of the staff in the hotel have changed still as good,
The food very good.Room are good clean sheet s and towels changed regularly.
from Penny,Ali and the Hotel staff nothing was too much trouble .

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple