“Well done Ali and Penny& Co” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Beach House Hotel

Beach House Hotel
Ranked #73 of 228 Hotels in Side
Guildford, United Kingdom
“Well done Ali and Penny& Co”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

I would just like to say ignore the rude comment below from another customer that stayed at Beach House . I travelled there with my husband and grandson early June and we had a fabulous holiday .
We met a group of people that had stayed several times before at the Beach House ... also others that had come for the first time they have also written on here and given the Beach House five stars .
It is a basic 3 star, but its so down to earth with friendly staff and well what more do you want !
go on book you will enjoy and believe me the owners are a lovely family orientatedl. We will be back .. already looking at flights for next year.

BTW.. there is a fridge on second floor for you to keep water in, bring a cool bag to use on the beach and ice blocks as there is a freezer part in it also. Hair dryers are available if you ask, No Iron in room or kettle , but we brought our own and Penny kindly gave us a couple of mugs .. .
There is a small shop next door sells most items cheaper then the town and even UK, sells everything you need .. Better exchange rate in Turkey for Lire.

We had a family room sleeps 4 what a treat overlooking the sea ..
A Holiday is what you make it and its better then the fully inclusives so we will be back next year .

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank nicola1963

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Istanbul, Turkey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

When I arrived at the hotel, I was greeted by a nice staff. A bell boy led me to my room, if you can call it that. The room that was the size of a shoebox. Not only was it incredibly small, there was no air-conditioning. When I asked for air-conditioning, he pointed to the ceiling. There was a fan attached to the ceiling. Not a ceiling fan, a regular desktop fan.
Since I didn't feel like finding a new hotel after travelling from Istanbul, I decided to unpack and make the best of it. I went downstairs to the next level, the teras they call it, and there I walked into a jacuzzi that resembled more of a children's pool. I guess it was a kiddie pool since there were soon 2 children playing in there, splashing around.
Finally, met with the owner, Penny Yeşilipek. I had read a few reviews about this hotel and about her before deciding to book, but disregarded the ones particularly about her, thinking that maybe they just didn't click and it was a one off. I was wrong. She is rude, cold, and a bit conceited. After taking a walk around the beach town, I decided that place wasn't for me at all. Every restaurant calling you over to be their customer, begging and My room, the shoebox, a hot, humid mix of limited oxygen. So, I read the policy about staying a few hours and having to be charged a half day rate. I had checked in around 3:30pm and by the time I went downstairs to check out, it couldn't have been even 9pm yet. She, the owner Penny, rudely said I would have to pay for a full day. I should mention before this, I had callled the hotel before my coming to confirm my reservation, which she said I had none there. I asked to make one then and she took my information. Upon arrival, she asked me if I were the woman on the phone, Carole lynn, I answered 'yes'. She then proceeded to tell me I didn't have a reservation. But the way she said it wasn't very friendly at all. I then understood the reviews. They were right. So I ended up paying for a whole night, 25 euros for nothing. Please don't go to her hotel or even to Side, Antalya. They are only trying to take your money. It is a huge rip-off. The hotel and the city.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank intlgirltr
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I have just returned from a week at the Beach House in Side, Turkey. The location of the hotel is fantastic, in the older part of the town directly opposite the beach.

Upon arrival we were greeted by the owners (Ali + Penny) and the restaurant staff. They were all very welcoming and extremely friendly and helpful throughout out stay. Ali even offered to let my partner watch his TV in his room to see a British rugby match which was not being shown locally.

The room was a little basic and did not have a fridge or hair dryer but was a good size with a lovely balcony overlooking the beach. There was no air con but the ceiling fan was sufficient and we slept better than we had been at home. The room was extremely clean and the maid was so friendly, despite not speaking English. Seeing her daily significantly improved our holiday and her kindness really touched us.

We were slightly surprised about the cost of food and alcohol in Turkey but every meal was delicious and we could not complain about any of the restaurants we ate in or the service we received.

We would highly recommend the hotel and location.

• Stayed July 2013
5 Thank hclapham
Bradford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

We have just got back from holiday and had another good year.Everybody were helpful and friendly as last year,the beach is a lot better for The hotel has parts that are free,some you have to pay for that's fine by me its clean and manned by hotel staff,you can order food and drinks while on the beach.
some of the staff in the hotel have changed still as good,
The food very good.Room are good clean sheet s and towels changed regularly.
from Penny,Ali and the Hotel staff nothing was too much trouble .

5 Thank Paul8312
Buckingham, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

Just back from another hugely relaxing couple of weeks at our "home from home" in Side. This was our seventh consecutive year at the Beach House and, although we never tire of the extensive history right on the door step, we did little more than relax on the sun terrace, enjoy the superb cuisine at adjacent Soundwaves Restaurant, and have a few beers. Penny and Ali (owners) and their excellent staff were as helpful and efficient as usual. We just love the laid-back embiance of this tiny hotel and its quiet efficiency.

Room Tip: There's no lift, but it is worth the trek up to the top floor for the superb views and huge balc...
2 Thank MikeBuckingham_UK
Faversham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

Just returned from the beach house superb location very friendly family run. Lots of historic ruins . Wonderful relaxing holiday . Our usual holidays to turkey are five star all inclusive have got fed up with this . Was not sure what to expect rooms are basic but very clean . Go for high floor for great views. Most of the bathrooms are new . Many guest return . I will be returning soon just loved it. There are lots of places to eat it can get you down with people trying to get you to go in there. The kamel bar was great. Food excellent . Lots of shops lovely harbour just perfect should not write this review don't want every one to go there it's a little gem

• Stayed June 2013
6 Thank linda l
Gravesend, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

Just returned from Beach House and must say it has been a very pleasant experience. The hotel is situated in a superb location in old (Antique) Side, right overlooking the beach. On arrival our cases were taken to our room straight away and check in was very quick. We had upgraded to a seafront room with balcony (most rooms have a balcony) and we were very pleased with it.
The rooms are fairly basic but everything you require, but most people don`t spend a lot of time in their rooms on holiday do they. Cleaners are in every day to change the linen and towels daily and clean the rooms. The staff in the hotel are brilliant. They all love a bit of banter and joke and nothing is too much trouble for them considering the long hours they do. Soundwaves restaurant is situated right next door to the hotel and is all part of the same business. We ate there a few times and found the food reasonably priced and very good quality. You could if you wish take up the hotel offer of upgrading to half board and eat there.
Penny and Ali (Proprietors) were great hosts and any little problems were sorted out fast and efficiently. They are around the hotel the majority of the time and very approachable and willing to sit and chat with you. There are very many returning guests which is always a good sign.
The hotel itself has a warm and friendly feel about it, a bit like stepping back in time. Some bits of the hotel need a tiny bit of TLC but I think this gives the place it charm. If you like peace and quiet and a place to chill out then this is for you, just lay back and go with the flow.
We tend not to return to the same place twice as there`s a big world to see out there but after our stay there I think maybe we will make an exception, maybe even get our names on the door Penny.

Room Tip: We had room 304 (Third floor front) Great view and listen to the waves at night
2 Thank WrinklyUk