“A great provision for the baby!”
Review of Barut Hemera

Barut Hemera
Ranked #6 of 228 Hotels in Side
Manchester, United Kingdom
“A great provision for the baby!”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We have just returned from our two week stay at the Hemera. We stayed with our two children aged 11 and 21 months. We were delighted to see when we arrived a fruit basket and light supper had been left in our room, which was extremely welcome afer a long journey and the main restaurant being closed at this time. We also had the Bary Star Baby facilitieis in our room, which as the hotel had advised on their website, I had informed them in advance of our need for this. We were provided with a brand new changing mat with towelling pillow, bib, wet wipes, baby shampoo and wash. I was very impressed with this facility and meant less things for me to pack! The mini bar was restocked daily and this meant we had cartons of juice, fizzy drinks and water readily available, when we needed it. The standard of cleaning in our room was excellent, although the travel cot our baby was in was looking a little tired, I think it will probably be replaced with the refurbishment that is planned at the end of the year. However, each day we all had freshly laundered linen on our beds which was unexpected and welcome. For most meals we sat in the children's area of the restaurant, here there was a specially selected array of foods for the babies and children, with plastic bowls and plates, along with minature versions of cutlery, tables and chairs for the young children to eat at, whilst the parents, if they choose to, ate at the adult sized versions! The staff here were so attentive, remembering drinks orders from day to day, ensuring we had everything we needed and that plates were cleared quickly, preventing any unfortunate food throwing incidents, from our son. Also regarding our son's predictable mess, as a force of habit I am used to clearing up spilt food etc. I was repeatedly asked not to do this by staff, that it was not a problem and that the staff would do this. I was embarrassed by this, that they were cleaning his mess, but ensured they were happy to do this. The standards of staff were so high, it was exemplary. I feel I should also comment on little touches, which as a parent I found reassuring, such as the highchairs, (of which there were always plenty), when cleaned were then covered in clingfilm, so you knew they were ready for use. The microwave and blender in the restaurant, were always cleaned imediately after use, when needed for babies food and cartons of milk were readily provided from the bars and restaurant staff for bottles, which was great and when opened could be kept in your fridge, if you chose to. I cannot fault the attentive service, and food provided within this resort, in any of the restaurants. And as many previous reviewers have also mentioned the patisserie was outstanding, and we indulged here at least twice daily! The cakes and biscuits were never predictable and the options to choose from was truely awesome!

The entertainment provided was of a good standard, and the team seemed very friendly and my daughter engaged with pool games and enjoyed the shows. The kids club I feel does need a mention here too. I was surprised that there was not a signing in and out procedure here. The children were able to leave at their leisure? As my little boy was not of an age to leave on his own this was not an issue for us, however I frequently watched children wandering outside from kids club, back to their parents ( I assume), which would have been a concern for me, as a parent. I also feel that an itinerary would be beneficial here so that parents know what activities are happening throughout the day, if any. There were extensive arts and crafts materials within the kids club, which many children enjoyed, however for younger children the choice of toys etc were very limited.

Regarding the cats, there were plenty and lots with kittens. They were not offensive and generally kept their distance, however there were some issues with their toilet habits. I am not sure how you would rectify this though, but smelling poo, whilst you are by the pool, is not pleasant! There were also some issues with the cats using the back of the kids club as a litter tray. However, as soon I mentioned this to guest relations, the groundsmen were there within minutes cleaning this up. Again, not pleasant but difficult to control with ferral cats. The number of cats is not exclusive to the hotel, throughout Side there are cats, a plenty!

This said, we still looking to book here again. We are excited to see what the refurbishment will look like next year and the standard of service from the staff in the bars and the restaurants was outstanding. Other issues I have mentioned were not complete holiday spoilers, just things to consider.

Room Tip: We requested and paid for a room with a pool view, which was well worth it for night time drinks on...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (401)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Herne Bay, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Stayed here 11th-25th July
this was my first time to Turkey and it was excellent,went as a family of 4 and got a room above the kids club which was superb.
I did get up early every morning to get the sun beds I wanted in the garden area,But there are plenty around, by 8am the pool beds are full.
The food is plenty full and good, always something to chose from so you will never go hungry
a special hello to Hali in the main restaurant!!!! TOP GUY :)
Evening entertainment a bit hit and miss but it was okay. they all work very hard.
The hotel was always kept very clean as are the rooms sheets and towels changed every day,the air con is heaven set at 24 degs which is okay trust me ;)
the beech was also very nice very little rocks, lots of fish to feed bread to.

A big thank you to Hemera for making my holiday a very enjoyable and relaxing one, we will be back next year :) see ya soon

Room Tip: even rooms are pool view Odd are garden view
4 Thank Jason S
Dear Jason,
We are delighted that you enjoyed your first time at the Barut Hemera in Turkey. Our team strives to deliver consistently high quality service to every guest, therefore your opinion is very important to us. We are pleased to learn that your stays at our hotel met your expectations and look forward to your next enjoyable holiday in our hotel in the near future.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 2, 2013

The barut hemera hotel is amazing. I especially liked the entertainment bar and thought that entertainment was very good! All the staff are really nice and the hotel is very good with kids. The food is very nice and the place has its own patisserie!! there are 3 pools one huge one and one that is smaller but is still really nice and an indoor pool. They have 2 slides which are very fun to go on. There is a blue one that goes round in a loop and a white one that goes straight down really fast! The entertainment team are all wicked and always say hi to you! The location is good and it's about a 30 minute walk from side. The hotel also has its own private beach, gym, a spa and a mini shopping mall. Throughout the day the entertainment team put on activities like :yoga, tai chim Zumba, step, aqua gym and so much more. The hotel has a whole centre for kids club and also a mini playground that is quite fun. There are about 10 different cats that are fine and normally wander around doing their own thing and don't pester you because the hotel feeds them. In the rooms they give you a mini bar and cool accessories like slippers, bath gowns, beach bags etc. the air con is set at 24 degrees it is quite warm but it it set so no one gets ill because if you go from hot to cold you will probably get flu or a fever. There are also 4 extra restaurants in the hotel you can eat at 3 of charge. There is an intertanional restaurant, Turkish restaurant, fish restaraunt and breakfast restaraunt. The hotel has a nightclub in it, I haven't been it because I'm a teen but it sounds cool. Unfortunately everyone wakes up really early to put out towels but you can get a good seat if you do wake up early and put your towels down.

4 Thank Anonymous P
Dear Anonymous,
Thank you very much for staying with us and taking the time to write such an amazing review of our hotel. We are happy to hear that you fully enjoyed your stay at the Barut Hemera. We are committed to provide an excellent customer service and the best quality food for all our guests. We appreciate your feedback and will definitely share it with our team members. We look forward to welcoming you again for another great holiday with us.
Solihull, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Stayed here in June, booked a room with two singles and one double for myself, my Mother and Husband. The room worked very well for us as it's almost like having two separate bedrooms. The room as very clean, the food was very good, but did get slightly repetative towards the end of the week, but for what we paid I felt it was excellent value for money. The staff were all very good and polite. I would have no hesitation in recommending this Hotel.

Room Tip: I emailed in advance to ask for a pool view room, which we were given. We were very pleased with th...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Tom,
Thank you for staying with us and taking time to post a review of our hotel. We are delighted that you enjoyed the Barut Hemera experience and we appreciate your positive review in relation to our service and staff. Thank you very much for mentioning that we are able to provide a good value given our service and extensive facilities. We would be more than happy to welcome you again in the future.
Kind regards,
Ipswich, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Me and my family of four, ( me mother father and sister)
went to this hotel In june 2013.
When we arrived at the hotel the receptionists were very welcoming.
Our block was round the back quit far away from some of the other blocks, we had a ''family'' block. As we arrived at the hotel about 8:30 pm the buffet was still open so we went to have some dinner, the waiters were very polite and friendly.
We went back to the room about 9ish because we were tired, it was quit noisy from were other people were coming up the stairs to go to their rooms and you could hear them talking this happened mostly every night and it woke me up many times.
My parents had to get up about 7 to put out the towels but there were people at 6 putting them out! The entertainment team were nice enough, they didn't disturb you and didn't force you to join in, which we were happy about as our previous holiday they wouldn't leave us alone!
We choose many times to go to the two snack bars instead of the buffet because we thought that the snack bars had more to offer.
The little cake and coffee sit in was nice to you could get ice cream and take it to the pool/beach with you.
We spent a few days on the beach which I preferred because it was quiet and the sunbeds seemed more comfortable and a lovely boy came around with slices of watermelon while we on there which was nice. As ours is a private beach we got our own walking thing which moves when a wave comes which is pretty cool.
We sat round the ''quiet'' pool most of the time because the main pool was always filled up at like 7 am, but to me the ''quiet'' pool wasn't even quiet i'd say it was more of a family pool with little children while we were there, there were two accidents a child was sick right near the pool but the waiters gave alot of things to clean it up with to the parents and someone pooed in the pool... but the pool guys were on it straight away.
The shows at night time to be quit honest weren't that great.. but we weren't bothered as we'd rather walk along the beach.
We went to the fish restaurant and the international restaurant and the turkish restaurant I thought they were all so good! loved them the waiters were friendly food was good everything.
Now onto the buffet we didn't think it was that good because as my mother is vegetarian there wasn't many options and my family isn't much of a meat eater either..
Also there were cats at the hotel which were completely fine they looked clean and they were very friendly- the kids loved them! they didn't bother you but if you wanted to say hello they would happily come over.
We went to the hairdressers were i got a pedicure and my mum and sister got their eyebrows threaded and my sister also got a bikni wax and my dad got a shave, they were amazing prices for their services and they are soo soo lovely people in there.
The people in the shops are very friendly as well.
we had a good time here :)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Mia D
BarutCRM, Manager at Barut Hemera, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Dear Mia,
We are delighted that you enjoyed the Barut Hemera experience and appreciate your positive review in relation to our team, the facilities, the service and accommodations.
We have taken note of your valuable comments regarding the veg menu and the evening show program, so we will make the necessary improvements to make our hotel better.
It will be our pleasure to welcome you back again after the renovation.
Kind regards,
Kendal, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Just returned for the 2nd time from The Hemera and loved it more this time than last............i didnt want to come home!! I e-mailed the Hotel 8 weeks before we went to ask for a specific room or close by and was delighted to get the room next door to where we were last year. The staff are brilliant, Selami & Suleyman at the pool bar are so lovely and attentive. Ali & Kaan in the main restaraunt are fabulous and made sure we were looked after. The food in the main restaurant is lovely, some people complain about it being a bit samey, but you will not go hungry and there is something for everyone. We went to the Sofra al la carte & The International al la carte, they are both superb. The staff are so attentive and do not rush you. My favourite was The Sofra which is the Turkish one. There is 2 large fridges at the Pool bar full of bottled water, you can go along 24 hours a day and help yourself which is superb and much needed at times. The pool area is great. It has 3 swimming pools, a large outdoor one where all the activites take place, a relax pool, and an indoor pool. There is also a small childrens pool, but the main pool has a sloping shallow end which is great for the little ones. There are 2 waterslides which are fun. The Entertainment team are amazing. The nighttime shows are mixed, they did Mama Mia this year, and we were there for the first showing and it was brilliant. They work so hard to ensure you have a great holiday. Grease was also brilliant but my favourite was the Comedy show, it was sheer genius and hilarious. There were a lot of changes to the team this year but they were just as good if not better. Our favourites were Ozzie at the darts, Speedy the DJ & water polo man, Artem (Sonnie he is also known as) was superb, and it was also good to see Andre back from last year, he is brilliant. There is plenty going on but although they try to encourage you to join in, they are not pushy and will leave you alone if that is what you want. Pool towels are provided, and you can change them everyday, the hut is open 4 times a day and you just take your wet towel and change it for a clean one. Sun beds are a little bit of a problem but i really dont know what they can do about it. I liked been in a certain area so would get up at 6ish to make sure i got the beds, i just treat this as part and parcel of holidays abroad. There are plenty sunbeds in the gardens if you dont want to be by the pool and the Beach is right outside the hotel with plenty beds. You can use Pedalo's, canoes and wind surfs for free but have to pay for the banana boat etc. The beach is lovely but take some seas shoes because there are a few rocks dotted around. The rooms are spacious and cleaned daily, and towels changed everyday. Tea & Coffee facilities are provided, air con is also free along with a safe. Dressing gown & slippers are also a nice touch. Mini bar is topped up daily with juice, coke & water, but the main lobby bar is 24 hours so anything you want you can get. Please dont let any negative comments on here put you off staying at this hotel. I am very fussy and a bit snobby but love everything about it and am already booking for next year.

I do think this hotel should come with a warning though, 'Beware, once you have stayed here you wont want to go anywhere else'. Go along and have a fantastic time.

Room Tip: Pool facing or garden facing rooms are lovely.
7 Thank happygirl186326
BarutCRM, Manager at Barut Hemera, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear happygirl186326,
Thank you very much for taking your time to write this amazing review. We are thrilled to know that we were able to meet again all of your expectations and you have enjoyed every aspect of your fabulous holiday at the Barut Hemera. We are happy you recognize most of the staff by name. Make sure we will forward your appreciation and thank all for their effort.
We look forward to hosting you again and offering an excellent homelike experience during your travels to Antalya.
Warmest Regards,
Haywards Heath, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We travelled as a family with two teenage daughters. Having arrived in the early hours of the morning to be told that the two rooms we had booked were not together but they would rectify this for us the next day. Not such a good start to our holiday. As promised this was sorted out the next day and we were given two nice rooms overlooking the pool. Rooms are of a good standard. We found overall the staff in all areas very polite although not overly friendly. You will be approached by the Spa staff and the photo guys but we found a polite no thanks was enough and they didn't bother us again.
The food was good in main restaurant plenty of choice for even the fussiest of eaters and lunch at the beach bar was great and the ice cream and cakes in the patisserie were delicious and not to be missed. The a la carte restaurants need to be booked in advance by using a computer in reception and we only managed the Fish one as the Turkish and International were booked up this
was a shame so I would advise booking these as soon as you arrive.
Pool area good but the usual race to put towels down to reserve the sunbeds which we found got earlier and earlier as the week went on 6.30 am!! We did notice some guests were reserving sunbeds and then not getting to the pool area until the end of the day which is a bit unfair. Beach nice. Always plenty of sunbeds available and the floating jetty was good fun.
You are supplied with a beach bag and towels which can be changed daily at the poolside. Hotel
nicely located and never felt crowded. Evening entertainment mainly done by hotel animation staff was ok but have had better. Overall I would recommend this hotel if you are thinking of visiting Turkey.

2 Thank flossieN
BarutCRM, Manager at Barut Hemera, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear flossieN,
We are so grateful you have taken the time to review your recent stay at the Barut Hemera. We are proud that we were able to satisfy you with the service you have received and you had a relaxing holiday. Thank you for recommending us. We hope to be your hosts again in a future!