Me and my girlfriend decided that we needed a nice relaxing holiday that involved sun, beach and something to lay on! After my last visit to turkey I was not expecting too much, so after an hours coach journey through what seems like an area which is half desert / half building site, I was pleasantly surprised when the coach pulled up at the hotel and we walked into the lobby.
Most of the hotel staff were friendly and helpful, and the room was clean, modern, and had a great view of the ocean / hotel. The hotel itself is of a decent size, with a large pool, large restaurants, a few bars and a decent beach. All in all its was great, however if i was to give any tips to you guys, it would be these;
- GO ALL INCLUSIVE! We did, and that included everything and anything in the resort (- the odd ice cream) If you don't I could see it being quite an expensive trip, and seeing as the nearest town is a 50 min walk away its worth the investment when booking.
- YOU SNOOZE, YOU LOSE: Without being a stereotypical brit, but there are no rules on putting towels on loungers. So the Germans and French will be up at 5am to claim there spot. In fairness the German and French Reps actually tell they're customers to get up at 6am to get one, So they do.... It is very frustrating, so expect an early start if you want a bed.
- GO TO THE BEACH: If that becomes annoying.. just go to the beach! theres plenty of loungers there, plus theres a bit of a breeze so you don't get too hot!
- GO TO OLD SIDE (IN THE EVENING): Its a town built in old roman ruins, and is well worth a trip into town (especially if you like to haggle for some fake gear)
- WOMEN BEWARE - Ok not every man in turkey will try to grab your girlfriend, daughter ect... but it did happen to us, and they do like to flirt so just have your whits about you.
- ENJOY THE BUFFET: The main restaurant has probably one of the largest and varied buffets ive ever seen. There is 3 a-la-carte restaurants there, however they really wern't much better than the main restaurant, And seeing as you have to book way in advance for the a-la-carte ones its sometimes not worth the effort!
Hope that helps :)
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Barut Arum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barut Hotels Arum Hotel Side
- Barut Hotel Side
- Barut Hotel Arum