“Greed”

Orfoz Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 196 Restaurants in Side
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Mexican, Seafood, Turkish, Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Savour the special flavours of Turkish & World cuisine at Orfoz Restaurant which enjoys magnificent views of Side. The excellence of Turkish cuisine and unique ambiance makes dining here a perfect experience choose from a kebab cooked in a sealed clay pot, lamb shank with a thick tomato sauce, a selection of steaks with mouth watering sauces and other International dishes which are cooked and served at Orfoz Restaurant. Daily fresh fish including king prawns, sea food of all types caught by our own fishermen and cooked to your choice. Excellent choice of desserts are available including wide variety of ice creams in many flavours. We also cater for Birthdays and special celebrations (Your cake is our present to you). A large selection of Turkish & International wines, local and imported drinks as well as a range of cocktail's. Coffee served to your liking as well as soft drinks. Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and snacks. Children's menu and play area. Free pick up service (Please request on your reservation)
Dundalk, Ireland
“Greed”
Reviewed September 15, 2012

After eating here last year we looked foward to returning as the food and service was excellent. Something drastic must of happend in the space of a year. On returning to this place we were met with a very cold reception to start with. No one came to us when we first came into the restaurant and we were left standing for a few mins before anyone came to bring us to a table. Then when we asked could we be seated by overlooking the sea the waiter rolled his eyes then stormed of giving out in turkish. Eventually we got seated even tho there was a number of free available tables were we asked. The waiter who served us acted as if it was an inconvenience to serve us and was extremely rude(I would be all day trying to explain all the rude gestures and comments he made) even tho there was a table beside us that had 6 people at that all the waiters seemed to gravitate towards and couldn't do enough for they even managed to smile once or twice. The only time they showed any interest in us being there is when I went to purchase a bottle of champagne(as I had just proposed to my fiancé). They looked for 250 lire which I didn't mind paying as they had informed me that it was a very expensive and special champagne. I have since dinned in 2 restaraunts beside orfoz that are selling the same champagne for 100lire. As My family own a holiday apartment near side and visit regularly I will be advising them never to dine in this restaurant. I'm also going to advise the people at our complex the same

7 Thank Paul C

• Finnish first
  • Turkish first
ireland
“So so Disappointed”
Reviewed September 15, 2012

We visited Orfoz 11/9/12 after being there last year we found it lovely then, but wow they shocked us this time. My Partner had planned a nice romantic meal as it was my birthday but we should of left as soon as we arrived it was terrible. The waiter was really rude when we asked for a seat overlooking the sea even though there was several available. There was a group of other people sitting behind us & there table was getting all the attention. I was making most of the beautiful surroundings & as it was my birthday tried enjoying it but found the service bad & our waiter had no manners at all. When asked about steak he fobed us off with a smart answer which my Fiancée took offense to. He was so unpleasant when asked to recommend a wine to have..... Disgraceful....Topping it all off, my Fiancée proposed to me here they ignored us as we looked to celebrate with champagne & when we payed our bill ( which they had no problem taking our money!) we asked about a bottle of Champagne to take with us to celebrate. They had "very special " one just for us at a hefty 250 lira which he gave to us at 220 lira only to discover that two other restaurants beside Orfoz sell at 100 lira....What a Rip off, We didn't want to spoil our moment with our engagement but couldn't believe whtat had happened!! Will never return & will be advising other apartment owner's beside us the same! Shame on you Orfoz!!!!! Our apartment group had recommended us to use this restaurant this year & mention them in doing so but will be in contact with them & instead of looking after it's clients they have become just rude & extremely greedy people at this Restaurant!!!

• Visited September 2012
6 Thank jjazy
London, United Kingdom
“This place is fantastic and an ESSENTIAL visit...”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

1 review so far and I have to boost the rankings. No, I do not have shares or any financial interest in this establishment - it just serves great food and has an excellent selection of fish.

Try to get in early and grab the snapper. When the run out, you get grouper which they claim tastes the same...but doesn't.

Anyway, great service, LOVELY setting and the fried ice cream is to die for.

Go to this place...even though it might not be as cheap as your average Side kebab joint. This is class.

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank ChrisGower1975
bekir t, Yönetici at Orfoz Restaurant, responded to this review, April 7, 2016
Dear Guest ;

Thank you very much for nice comment.

I hope see you soon again.

Best regards.