“Would recommend.”

Britannia
Ranked #53 of 200 Restaurants in Side
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Restaurant is very different from others as it is an old whitewashed building. Outside it is covered in green trees with grapes growing,plants and lovely flowers. At night it is lit with fairy lights in the trees. The food is all home made not bought in and freshly cooked food with home made chips not frozen. We have English style Fish and Chips, Pies, etc. etc. and desserts that you will only find here Sticky toffee Pudding, Apple Crumble and Birds Custard. Sticky Toffee Pudding Ice Cream all home made. English Breakfast consisting of English Bacon and Sausages, and black pudding is served freshly cooked every day. Sunday Roast served in the evening, with Yorkshire pudding roast potatoes mash and fresh veg.
Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

We first went in 2012. Me and my husband were walking past and the young lad outside noticed my husbands Blackpool football shirt. He ran up and said my boss is from Blackpool. We popped in for to say hello and have 1 drink!! Let's just say we ended up having a lovely meal and quite a few drinks. We booked for 2 Sunday lunches,which were lovely. Linda the owner is lovely. We then went back in 2013 with friends and again had a lovely meal. My friends had a traditional turks meal and I had Linda's homemade cheese and onion pie. Got to. Be tried. We are going again in June and will Def be calling in. So Linda get cooking.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

We went to britannia on our last day we were walking round to pas the time away and decided to have a meal before our flight .I had Osmanish chicken it was one of the best meals that i had while in Side hubby had egg beans chips all of which home cooked and lovely .Staff very friendly the place is nice and homely .Prices very good .

1  Thank annibear
Reviewed October 15, 2013

We stumbled upon this gem by accident when walking back from the Haman.

Its owned and run by a lovely lady called Linda (who only lived over the bay from us). There's a good selection of English meals, but also Turkish if you prefer. All the meals are home cooked by Linda and if you call in and they tell you she's at home... she's doing the cooking and not sunbathing!! Yacob is also really friendly and happy to talk when he can.

The best thing though is Linda's Traditional English Roast Dinner on a Sunday. Delicious is not enough to describe it. Every thing was cooked perfectly and there was real Bisto gravy. Portion size for any of the meals were not to be sniffed at. You do have to book at least one day in advance and leave a deposit but that is knocked off your bill on the evening.

There was also a good choice of sweets but apple crumble and birds custard won hands down every time!!

If you do need that little bit of home I can't recommend this place enough. Thanks Linda :) x

1  Thank Gailybob
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Planned to go here for our first meal when I was researching the internet for good eateries prior to our holiday. Delighted to find out how close the Britannia is to our complex ( Kentia). My wife is a very fussy eater, and I love my food- we had gammon on the first night, and it was, without doubt, the freshest and tastiest gammon that we have ever tasted!

This is only our first night, tomorrow we are returning to Linda at the Britannia, and are 'going Turkish', and after the dish Linda showed us this evening, we are looking forward to dinner there as the highlight of the day.

Not to mention the stunningly romantic setting under the gently lit trees if you decide, as we did, to dine 'al fresco'. Although there is not really a 'scenic' view, I have marked it for having one, because the owners have made it scenic!

Thank you Linda, see you tomorrow!

Andy and Angela.

englishluckylady, Manager at Britannia, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Thankyou for your kind review.. I'm glad you enjoyed the gammon you had the last one for this year! as we can't get anymore this year!!! Shame!!! We will look forward to further visits from you and I know you will enjoy our other dishes. As you know everything is home made by myself and freshly cooked and HOT Thankyou once again

Reviewed October 5, 2013

Came across this restaurant on the first day of our holiday and we went there for the duration, come morning, noon and night we sat tucking into the lovely food. Staff we very friendly and the cooking was delicious, would definitely recommend to people and will definitely be going back myself the next time I'm there.