“Wish I'd read reviews more carefully!!”
Review of Hera Park Hotel

Hera Park Hotel
Ranked #210 of 228 Hotels in Side
Reviewed September 20, 2011

Arrived 1.00 a.m. told no room and put in hotel across road which was dirty and basic,got our room at Hero midday, nice views and clean bed but room had not been vacuumed and bathroom grubby.Staff only interested in anything in a bikini or under 25.No entertainment, bar closed 11.00 pm.Slide into pool had no running water so children had to take buckets of water th be able to slide with out getting stuck.Beach sunbeds in bad state and area never cleaned and not adequate for the amount of people. All in all no matter how cheap it seems, DON'T DO IT.

Room Tip: insist on sea view and quiet side
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Linda L
There are newer reviews for Hera Park Hotel

Reviewed September 14, 2011

just returned from this hovel after a weeks stay. arrived very tired a t 8am to be told we couldnt have a room until 2pm. Was given directions to the resturant and sat in the 35 deg heat for 6 hours. When we got in our room it was in the basement. No carpets chipped floor tiles, dirty sheets and the balocony we requested with sea view was a pair of french doors which lead out into a 2 foot by 4 foot opening at the side of the kitchens. We immediately complained and was given a sea view room at a stretch the next day. The food was terrible i lived on salad and pasta and my husband lived on water melon for a week. The same food was served at dinner what was left for lunch. The waiters were very ignorant of the English and we noticed that the English were servedf their beers (tuborg) in small plastic beakers but the dutch and germans were given half pint glasses. No entertainment apart from a tuesday night that was turkish night. Had to ask for clean towels after 3 days. Definately wouldnt go in this hotel again, although the location was good.

Room Tip: ask for pool view or sea view
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank cheryl w
Reviewed August 31, 2011

the hotel was rated 4* but definately was not- maybe a 1 or 2* . We had booked for 4 people and on arrival given a very small two bed room which they said they would put in extra beds. As there was definately no room for any extra beds after much discussion we were given a slightly larger room. This room smelled of sewerage and the next day we were again given another room which was dirty - the floors hadn't been cleaned for some time and even had broken glass in it.it was not cleaned during our stay. Tthis room and the corridors leading to it also smelled disgusting.
The food was mediocre - mostly chicken but always cooked pasta with no sauce and on some occasions no one in our party could find anything to eat from the all inclusive buffet so we needed to go to a local restaurant for our evening meal.
On the plus side the pool area was good and the children enjoyed the water slide - but htis is only switched on for about 30 minutes a day.
Definately would not recomend this hotel!

3  Thank Christine M
Reviewed August 29, 2011

Staff at the reception was kind and helpful. Waiters in the restaurant area were mostly helpful. We were travelling together seven family members, but in the restaurant we were not allowed to put together two tables so we could sit together while eating. The food was alright but the meals was very very monotonous.

The size of the room was alright and beds and furniture was alright and there were television in the room. Cleaning of the room was very sparse. Bed was made daily. We got new towels once during the week. One day we got some toilet paper, otherwise we had to pick up toilet papers by ourselves. No sign of vacuum cleaning during the week.

The hotel has two lifts for guests and one for staff only. During the first day we were stuck twice in the lift. And generally the lifts were very slow and unstable. So mostly we used the stairs despite our room was on the 7th floor. Free Wi-Fi in reception/bar area and in restaurant/swimming pool area was working fine on netbook computers, but for some reason only in periods on cell phones.

The locality of the hotel is good and we had a nice view to the beach and sea from our room. Side is a nice town, but next time we will find another hotel.

1  Thank SunnyDanes
Reviewed August 20, 2011

We arrived at 2am, the receptionist was very moody (but so were we as we had been travelling all day) he hardly spoke a word of english. After reading the reviews (after we had booked) we were just glad not to be put in the "dungeons". We couldnt get a drink anywhere in the hotel, but the supermarket up the road was still open, fairly cheap, very polite & helpful.

Our room was clean & tidy with a balcony, even if it was looking over the busiest road ever. We found that the balcony door did not lock so went straight to reception the next morning, & was told that they would come & fix it, they didnt, we reported it again but nothing was done! So the boyfriend slept with the money, phones etc under his pillow.

The food I didnt like at all,(but I am fussy) who on earth wants brocoli & chips for breakfast? The lady sat down making fresh turkish wraps couldnt speak english at all but the wraps were amazing!!

The waiters worked very long hours & had a dogs life, so can understand a little why they werent smiling half the time! Our room wasnt cleaned as such, but the beds were made and the towels were changed. However, one day I went to reception to ask for toilet roll & was told to go to the shop!

Us, and another couple with a little boy were the only English people at the hotel, the minority of them were, Russian, German & Scandonavian. With a few Turkish people, they always get bumped to the front of the queue no matter how long youve been waiting,
I found the other guests were very moody too, for me being on holiday is an exciting experience, full of laughs and fun, but when the atmosphere is low its hard not look like a miserable old git like the majority.

If you want a sunbed Im afraid you have to follow the russian tradition & get up dead early to put your towel on a sunbed to reserve it, otherwise you dont get a look in!
The pool was nice and refreshing, as it was very very hot! We nearly fell over numerous times, so be careful its very slippy. We didnt go in the indoor pool, did not look very inviting, & was the size of my garden shed.

The beach was nice, lovely restaurants, with great food and lovely waiters who could speak a number of different languages, they had time for u, made us laugh and loved the banter! We didnt mind tipping them. You cant just go on any beach, mind!

Disco tech @ the Hera Park - well you wouldnt even know it was there, its down a lot of stairs, wasnt very busy when we went, we ordered drinks & didnt pay so thought it was all inc, but found out you have to ask to pay or it gets billed to your room, very expensive & we paid in Lira and got Dollars in change.

Just be careful that you dont get wripped off, we made that mistake a few times, I think they make the prices of everything upas they go along & charge whatever they feel like.

We had a really nice time, relaxing by the pool, going out in the evenings, theres just not ALOT to do at the hotel, but we wanted to lie by the pool everyday. (The one and only cd they play does get a bit much though)

I do think people expect too much, we took a risk and booked the day before. Our room was clean, we had a right laugh, drinking wodka by the pool. It could have been A LOT worse. And it could have also been better.

Go to Aqualand, not Waterworld!

If we were to go back we wouldnt stay at Hera Park again but defintely somewhere else in Side :)

Have fun!!

Room Tip: I like to get out of the shower & sit on the balcony so front facing was nice, noone lookin at u...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dan-Em2011
Reviewed August 12, 2011

I booked a last minute holiday with 'Hotels for u' for my 15 yr old son and myself. As we arrived during the night we went straight to our room. In the morning we asked for a safe key which you have to put 12 tl as a deposit, they didnt have change for 20 tl, so I had to wait until I had managed to get change later that day before I could have a safe! The smell in the bathroom was of stale wee so the bathroom door was kept shut the whole 7 days, when we asked about this we were told that this was normal for hotels in Turkey. We also had the pleasure of staying in the 'Dungeons' for 7 days, the fact there was no direct sunlight coming into the room meant it stayed cool for most of the day but not a pleasant view! We found the waiters very friendly and helpful, food was ok, but they did not seem to cater for English people. The reception staff were the most unhelpful people I have ever met, you walk up to the counter and they blank you even if they are just standing there doing nothing! On the morning of our departure we took our luggage down to reception and handed back our safe key and deposit paperwork, we decided to wait in reception as they were not 100% sure what time our shuttle was arriving to take us to the airport. We felt this was a safer bet than missing it altogether. After 15 minutes of sitting there my son reminded me that we had not been given our safe deposit back, so I went and explained to the male receptionist that I had not been given my deposit back and could I have it. After trying to explain to him and getting the brush off I spoke slower and tried to explain again but he was more interested in the new people arriving, he tried to ignore me so I raised my voice slightly to make him feel embarrassed and deal with the situation, he told me he would deal with it and for me to go and sit down, which I did. After 10 mins my son and I went back to see him, I asked if he had the money for me. He pointed to what I think was a manager in the back office and said 'he already gave you money' which I replied he's lying, my son moved in front of the reception desk so he could see this manager and called him a liar to which he picked up a calculator and threatened to throw this at him. Protective as mothers are, I stood in front of my son. The receptionist was glaring at my son so I was shouting at him to deal with me. After this scene they offered me half of the deposit back which I accepted as the reception was busy and I felt embarrassed that I had had to make a scene to get what was rightly mine! However friends that left later that day also asked for their deposit back and were told the policy had changed and now the deposit was non refundable. The hotel does not like or register English people, they act ignorant to the English language even though they really do understand. This was the first holiday my son and I had been on for about 6 years and I was very disappointed in the level of respect and care taken of a woman and child on holiday on their own.

1  Thank Diana P
Reviewed July 17, 2011

advertised as all rooms wiv balcony ...no balcony or window!!!!room in dungeon no windows or way out in fire ...staff surly and rude ...4 first 3 days the manager promised 2 move us eventualy she admitted she lied as she thought we wud get fed up of askin !!! did try 2 speak 2 thomas cook rep but as soon as he realised i was complainin he claimed 2 only speak german !!! sea nice but beach just grt big ashtray ...food very average and never hot ..pool snack was lady makin nice turkish snack but she was remarkble slow so served minimum people ..this is second and last time we wil go bak 2 this part of turkey coz its horrid. I did check this hotel on tripadviser but 2 b honest if the reviews r crap weve usualy had gud time so we went anyway...so i hope u wil read and accept this as honest review and not go there

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Side
Cinar Family Suite Hotel
Belkon Club Hotel
Belkon Club Hotel
#5 of 5 in Serik
Sunprime Dogan Side Beach

Been to Hera Park Hotel? Share your experiences!