“Sato Hotel Side 2014” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #31 of 86 Side B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Sato Hotel Side 2014”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

I have been staying at Sato hotel in Side Turkey for 2 weeks, the owners are great. Before arriving my reservation was confirmed via email and transfer from Antalya airport was organised very easily. A small lovely family owned hotel in a quiet part of Old Town Side, rooms are large and comfortable, and the food is delicious. Have had a wonderful time staying with here as i was travelling alone and they made me feel very comfortable during my vist, and played backgammon and cards with their son in the evenings. Also, they have the cutest little dog. A fantastic hotel, would highley recommended :-)

Room Tip: I was lucky enough to stumble on the roof terrace, so if you can manage to organise a room on top fl...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Stephanie L

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Scarborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

Thıs hotel ıs great value for Money . The owners are extremely frıendly gıve süper service. breakfast ıncluded and good. Although the shower room ıs quıte constrıcted thıs wıll be ımproved upon for the followıng season.t

Room Tip: for us lower room ıs better
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank sueharland
Nummela, Finland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

Cozy hotel in the center of the old city Side. The owners are always ready to help in all matters. Clean rooms and a great view from the roof. Lovely little dog <3 I highly recommend to passengers who do not require luxury but the local atmosphere.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Meil335
england
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

I arrıved ın Sıde wıth the ıntentıon of stayıng 2 nıghts at thıs hotel whıch I found on the ınternet. I ended up stayıng for one week as I was havıng such a lovely tıme here. The room was really clean and had everythıng I needed wıth a nıce balcony.
the food was really great ın the restaurant and ıt was a good place to meet other people as I was travellıng alone. I really enjoyed my stay here and the owners were really frıendly and made me feel very welcome. I wıll defınıtely come back to stay here agaın as ı lıve ın Turkey but travel ın thıs country a lot so I know when I fınd a really good place to stay.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank maria_bard
Side, Turkey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

Good hotel in the middle of Antic Side. Excellent location, close to everywhere, near the beach and with a view of the Apollo temple! Friendly people taking good care of you. Highly recommend a stay here! Look it up before you come to Turkey, and you will not regret it.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Wickham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

My husband, 25 year old daughter and I stayed for 5 days in this small, family run hotel in Side. We found the rooms clean, the breakfasts excellent and plentiful, and our hosts kind and extremely willing to help - when supplies ran low they were replenished in full. When we first arrived, much later than was anticipated at around midnight we were greeted with a warm welcome and a drink. Our room was well served with a balcony containing a small table and chairs, where we could dry our beach towels and swimsuits overnight ready for the next day. We had a small ensuite with toilet, basin and shower and the bedroom had a double and single bed, air conditioning and a fridge. The hotel's small and friendly dog is great entertainment value. We only had one evening meal in the hotel but this was again excellent and plentiful. Drinks for patrons were discounted and good value for money. The hotel's beach (which after our morning excursions we made full use of because of the heat) is a short walk away beside the Cuba (Qba) bar; who were happy to serve us drinks and light lunches on our loungers. I am disappointed with some of the reviews on this site for the Sato Hotel - it is a cheap hotel in the old part of the town and some people obviously expected 5* benefit for 1* cost. It is no hardship to sit in the bar to use your wifi, or ask your hosts questions (they manage to understand with some English and some pantomime signing!) or just sit and have a coffee and watch the world go by - you can actually experience more of the 'real' Turkey this way, and finally I booked and paid for our stay using a credit card. I am very happy to recommend this place to travellers.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Mrs G
Whitley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

We stayed in this lovely hotel about a month ago,it is a lovely,clean,and friendly and they have a gorgeous small dog.

Their son speaks very good English and he so very polite,the meals are fantastic too.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple