“Good for Children”

Ali Bey Resort Sorgun
Ranked #9 of 228 Hotels in Side
Reviewed July 5, 2014

Just booked for a week to be with my daughter and family (they were there for 2 weeks) The complex was very clean,the staff both in the restaurants and entertainment team very friendly and couldn't do enough for you. When we booked in, there was a glass of cold juice ready for us, then the porter took us and our cases in a golf trolly car. The room is basic I've had better 3 star accommodation but it was clean and adequate, the bed and pillows were hard. The resort is very big and the aqua park is excellent. The entertainment team worked very hard and the shows they put on were excellent. The food is very good I'm very fussy and I didn't have any problems. The ice cream's around the pools were wall's and plenty variety. The cafe's were also good sandwiches all made fresh. There's no need to go off the complex as it is so big there are also water sports a market once a week at night. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: If you have mobility issues even the downstairs room have several stairs but I did notice there was...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Lynda889
There are newer reviews for Ali Bey Resort Sorgun

Reviewed July 3, 2014

My family and I stayed for 11 nights at the end of May 2014. The facilties are brilliant; four swimming pools, water slides, kids club area that you can have access too etc. however we were left feeling rather disappointed as the service did not match the excellence of the facilities.

Our room was in block 2, all rooms numbered 200 and something. It was listed as a "garden view room" but we overlooked what looked like a rubbish dump/ outdoor storage that had high green fencing as a screen. From the tiny balcony, you could lean and see the aqua park which bombed loud music during opening hours. Altogether the size of the balcony, which was so small it was virtually useless aside from drying swimsuits on, and the aspect rendered it unused in our stay. It was quiet at night though.

The food was fine, not what I would call al a carte, as the hotel is described by Thomson, but pleasant and with variety. The alcoholic drinks were not too my taste, my husband liked the light beer but the wine was like vinegar and the cocktails were unpleasant. The variety of soft drinks was good and there was plenty of water.

I have marked our stay down though due to the poor service. The room cleaning was hit and miss, some days things would be replenished other days not. We only ever had two glasses, cups etc despite there being three of us in the room. Our sheets went four days without washing, I only know as my daughter smudged chocolate on the pillowcase one evening and there it stayed. One day we returned to our room to find a "do not enter as pesticide spraying" sign on our door. There was no warning of this happening and we were due to go out so hung about for a bit, saw no- one and decided we had to enter. The Ala restaurant is the main one and although nicely laid out, it is the only one for breakfast and evening meal, unless you go to the seafood restaurant (disappointing) or pay €15 each extra plus drinks at the Turkish restaurant. It gets very busy and it is hard to get a table at peak times and getting food is a total bun fight. Most of the waiters are great in the restaurants, Corsun and Abdulkadir were so kind to our daughter. The waiters in the bars though area different story, very disinterested in serving you and some were even very rude, service with disdain is how I describe it. I turned down a burned and ripped pancake at the pancake bar only to be ridiculed. My husband and a friend had their beers snatched off them because they had gone to the bar themselves after the waiter had taken and order then left them waiting for 10 mins.

The other big problem is the towel system. They give you a towel card each and then you collect your towel each day. All that happens is towels get put on sunbeds early and left all day with people only using the bed for a short time. One day we sat at the main pool surrounded by towel strewn bed that were not sat on until 3 in the afternoon when a huge group descended for a few hours then left again still leaving their towels. No one else could sit there all day and there are not enough beds for this behaviour. The staff are powerless due to the card system.

Tips ;

Get to the restaurant before 7 or after 8.30pm for dinner or you will be hard pressed to find a table.
The pancake bar is excellent and good for sandwich lunches after 2pm
You can walk along the beach to Side, about 15 mins.
Take a bucket and spade for small children and a water pistol as all the kids at the aqua park always seemed to be having water fights and the ones for sale there are expensive.
Keep an eye on the notice board for information about the shows, they are entertaining, our daughter was captivated.
You can enter the kids club and play with all the equipment with your child, they do not have to stay.
Eat at the pool bars for lunch as the main restaurant gets packed, be prompt they close about 10 mins before they state.

Overall, you will love this place if you are independent and flexible about when you eat. It was too big and impersonal for me, you are not ever treated as a guest but as a stranger.

Room Tip: Lower ground rooms are covered in foliage so if you like light into your room choose a higher floor.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
8  Thank Gymbunnymum
Reviewed June 28, 2014

We travelled to the Alibey Resort, Side in May 2014 (half term) with our 7 year old daughter. We had private transfer from the airport and on arrival at the hotel you are greeted by friendly staff who also provide you with a well needed fruit cocktail. Check in was hassle free and quick and they even gave my daughter a lovely backpack containing colouring and pens (she was very impressed). You are then whisked away by golf cart to your room, all room are in blocks and set amongst beautiful gardens. Your luggage is taken to your room for you and you feel instantly relaxed when you see you luxurious room. Within 5 mins of arriving we were provided with a bottle of champagne and a platter of fruit. The rooms are clean and bathroom lovely, there are plenty of space for clothes. tea/coffee making facilities, water and mini bar restocked daily. Another nice added touch is that they give you a large beach bag. The resort itself it lovely and the staff couldn't be more friendly and helpful. The waterpark was perfect for our daughter who could go on all the rides, there is a great area for smaller children too and all pool areas are immaculate. There is no queuing for the waterslides either which is an added bonus. Plenty of sunbeds with huge umbrellas. We always got beds whether it be at the waterpark, main pool, heated pool or the beach whatever time of day. On the beach someone comes round with ice cold flannels which is welcoming as it does get very hot. Entertainment in the evening is quite low key, they do have great shows in the amphitheatre every evening. Food is lovely too, the main buffet restaurant is nice as you get your food and them go to either the terrace of 2 separate dining room to eat and you are served you drinks throughout dinner by a cheery waiter.
If you want to go into Side town you can walk along the beach, it takes about 20 minutes or get a cab which worked out roughly 8 euros. We loved this holiday and will be going back next year as it is the most relaxing holiday we have had in a very long time.

Room Tip: We were in room 1122 which was in the middle of the site so good access to all amenities.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
9  Thank sartayz
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Spent a week at Ali Bey with my partner. Lovely clean accommodation, fresh towels daily. Fridge stocked with water, pepsi, orange, wine, chocolate and nuts and replenished daily.

Good variety of food in restaurant at meal-times. Magnums, cornettos etc available all day
Fair choice of alcoholic drinks in All-Inclusive package. Although we never had our glasses 'topped up' with wine unless we asked!

Some of the bar/waiting staff found it difficult to understand English.

It would have been nice to have been shown to a table at meal-times but this did not happen- therefore lots of people were wandering around trying to find somewhere to sit. Also no dress code enforced at dinner, which surprised me as Ali Bey is supposed to be 5 star? Some people arrived for dinner looking like they had just come from the beach/pool.

If you are thinking of booking I suggest requesting a higher floor room as most of the balconies on the lower floors are overgrown with foliage.

Our holiday was mainly for rest and relaxation which we got at Ali Bey.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank holidays504128
Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

Very good service. I should mention the spa which was lovely,they provide bath robes and towels you don't need to bring anything, with free sauna\ hamam entry.Also where is Puspa the masseuse who took good care of my mom, my mom couldn't praise her enough. Thank you Puspa.Also I should mention waiters suleyman and Othman. Very nice guys, The only remark was when we were about to checkout the spa bill I had with me was in Euro while in the reception they changed it to lira then to euro and finishing adding extra money, which I refused to pay. I showed the guy the bill and he called someone then asked me if I'm paying cash or with card, I said cash then he said OK sorry about this bla bla.

• Stayed: May 2014
4  Thank sanfouur
Reviewed June 16, 2014

We have just returned from a week at Ali Bey. We visited in July 2013 and wanted to return this year as the first visit was excellent.

Again, we were not disappointed and everything was very good.

We believe the food in the buffet restaurant is extremely good and varied and really cannot understand why some reviewers have had a different experience. The fish a la carte restaurant was also extremely good.

All the staff are absolutely brilliant in their efforts to help and our waiter, Abdulkadir was one of the best we have had anywhere in the world, he was so attentive. We always managed to eat either outside or on one of the verandahs.

We have stayed in block 2 on both of our visits and we find that it is the best one for us in that it is well away from the main restaurant, pools etc., but not too far a walk to get to everything. The gardens are beautiful and it is a pleasure to stroll through them. It is correct that the ground floor rooms are somewhat shrouded in greenery and therefore have no view.

The only area where I believe the hotel management could make improvements is indeed in the variety of alcoholic drinks under the all inclusive. There is nothing available apart from vodka or gin based drinks. The beer and wine are fine to drink but sometimes it would be good to have a rum-based drink for a change.

Also, it is ridiculous that you cannot have the house wine in the a la carte restaurants - I really do not see any logic at all in this rule as the beer and soft drinks are available so why not have the wine as well?

All in all I would recommend this hotel to anyone wishing to have a relaxing, easy time.

Incidentally, we did not see much of the Thomson rep either and there were no departure details delivered to our room (as had been promised). Last year we had no welcome pack and this year we only got one as we made a point of seeing the rep on the first day and requested one.

Room Tip: Try to get a room which is not on the ground floor.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank pilotgirl
Reviewed June 15, 2014

A special holiday for my friend's 50th birthday, we stayed for one week from 03.06.14. Lets start with the twin room which was excellent, the décor was lovely and the room was spotless, cleaned every day, bathroom towels changed daily and sheets changed every other day, choice of pillows, large tv, mini bar and beverage tray as well as snickers and peanuts. We were on the 1st floor, wouldn't want to be on the ground floor as they are shaded by greenery, We were in room 923 which was a 10 minute walk to the main pool, bars and restaurants but it was a very pleasant walk through the beautiful gardens. The food in the main restaurant was very good, we booked the fish and Turkish restaurant and they were both excellent, the fillet steak in the Turkish restaurant was the best I have ever tasted. Both well worth the 15 euro extra.

The staff work very hard is all areas of the resort to make your stay perfect, when we finished a drink it was immediately replaced with another.

The entertainment staff were friendly without being intrusive, in particular Jacob was a very nice and polite young man. The evening entertainment wasn't to our particular taste (music a bit dated) but It didn't spoil our holiday.

The resort has a photographer who takes pictures as you are walking to the restaurant for evening dinner which was ok the first time but got a bit annoying the second and third time.

I would recommend Alibey to anyone, the staff bent over backwards to do everything for you, even rushing over to poor the wine when I attempted to do it myself.

If you want a holiday were you are pampered from start to finish Alibey is the resort for you.

Room Tip: If your mobility is ok I would recommend a high numbered room we were in 923, its a pleasant 10min w...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends