“Another brilliant holiday”

Ranked #14 of 229 Hotels in Side
Lytham
“Another brilliant holiday”
Reviewed July 10, 2014

We've stayed here before a few times and have always enjoyed it, so went back for more. It's lovely to see that the hotel retain many of the staff, who we recognised and recognised us. If the staff are happy and stay longterm, then it says alot to me.
Stayed in a terrace room - worth it for the space on the terrace and the views.
Will be back in the future.
We did notice that there are many more Brit's going to this hotel than in the past.
Still good markets in Manavgat on Mondays and Thursdays (a dolmus bus from outside the hotel takes you there for 1.25 Euro) - always a bargain to be had! (and we had many)
Just a note to Brits, the markets and shops take Euros and Lira, so it's probably easier to take your shopping money in Euros.

Room Tip: Terrace for views of the beach and sea
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Torostravellers
CrystalSunriseQueen, Ön Büro Müdürü at Crystal Sunrise Queen Luxury Resort & SPA, responded to this review, December 20, 2014
thanks for your review on tripadvisor.

looking forward to welcoming you again

regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Geordie jaunters
Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

We have just returned from our fourth visit to this hotel and, yet again, we have had a marvellous time. The hotel is really clean, the staff are helpful and the food is wonderful. Wouldn't dare go for more than 7 days as our clothes wouldn't fit by the end. Returning again in September as is such a relaxing place to visit.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Taghel
thanks for your review on tripadvisor.

looking forward to welcoming you again

regards
Chester
Reviewed July 4, 2014

This was our 3rd stay here. We were celebrating a birthday and our 25th wedding anniversary, so we wanted a guaranteed great hotel and service. We have had that in a number of hotels but what is special about this one is that despite the size of the hotel (it's large) they manage to achieve a very intimate feel. On top of that the staff are brilliant, the food choice and standard are very high and the hotel is spotless. In fact we enjoyed ourselves so much we going back again next week! Honestly! Can't wait :-)

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank Edenkelly06
CrystalSunriseQueen, CRYSTAL SUNRISE QUEEN CRM at Crystal Sunrise Queen Luxury Resort & SPA, responded to this review, January 12, 2015
Dear denkelly06,

We cannot thank you enough for leaving us a grand 5-star review!

It gives us such great pleasure to learn that overall everything about our Hotel ensured that you had a pleasant and comfortable stay. Our team members aim to ensure that guests are cared for, valued and respected at all time and we are very pleased to hear that our goal was achieved.

Looking forward to welcoming you again

Regards
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Fantastic holiday, loved every minute, hotel clean, excellent food. All ages are catered for and the staff are very helpful. There are several pools to choose from as well as the beach, so something for everyone. There is always entertainment in the evenings or quiet areas to relax in if preferred. Considering the hotel caters for all nationalities and ages the staff do very well in communicating and are always ready to help from housekeeping to management. A very nice touch is the Old Friends special dinner, where you get to meet people from your own country, this is good if you feel a bit isolated amongst some from other countries. A good touch this year is notices asking people not to feed the ferrol cats that are possibly necessary for keeping the mice away. If people feed them they won't do their job, they are not pets. There is always plenty of ice cold bottled water to drink, but also plenty of other drinks should you require them. We have never used the spa, been too busy relaxing. That is what we go on holiday for, relaxation and plenty of space to relax, excellent food and drink, clean hotel with good staff and the Crystal Sunrise Queen has it all.

Room Tip: Take some trainers or walking shoes, should you want to venture out to the little town of Side, its...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Alan C
Altan a, Front Office Manager at Crystal Sunrise Queen Luxury Resort & SPA, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear Chillies02,

Thanks for sharing your experinces and explanatory commends about our services on tripadvisor. We are looking forward your next visit.

Best Regards
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 29, 2014

We have recently returned from the Crystal Sunrise, and as usual enjoyed the pampering you always receive here, staff brilliant, room was lovely and the food is always tip top, it was lovely to meet old friends as well as new friends.
One thing that possibly should be addressed are the children that are allowed to run around unsupervised at evening dinner, parents should be requested to control these children, it is very dangerous when guests and waiters are carrying hot food and glass and crockery and is a big no no in England.
Other than this we had a superb relaxing stay and are looking forward to our next visit.

DereknPauline
stayed 29/5 - 12/6/14

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank 17Pauline28
Dear 17pauline28,

We cannot thank you enough for leaving us a grand 5-star review!

Looking forward to welcoming you again

Regards
West Coast of Scotland
Reviewed June 29, 2014

We have just come back from an awful 2 week stay at the above hotel which we had to cut short. We were there with family, to celebrate my birthday but it turned into a disaster. We would like to share our experience of an appalling event that occurred in this 5 star hotel on Wednesday 25th June at lunchtime.

Our party of five were having lunch at the waterfall restaurant by the beach. My son, aged 3, who loves animals, was by the side of the table, stroking a 'hotel' cat. The cat had obviously smelt food, and had come over to investigate. I should add, there are quite a few free-roaming cats at this hotel. My mother having had a cat for years, fed the cat a couple of small pieces of fish. In hindsight, this was probably not the best idea, due to what happened next.

A lady sitting on the table opposite started to grunt in our general direction, gesticulating with her finger that we shouldn't be feeding the cats. My mother was upset by the manner of this and we retorted that there was nothing wrong in 'stroking' the animal. We do appreciate there were signs to tell us that we shouldn't feed the animals, but my mother was discrete and my son was stroking the cat, not feeding it. Before we could respond any further the man on the table opposite launched himself out of his seat, ran over to a different table, grabbed a perspex A5 sized sign (a sign which suggested we should not feed the animals) and proceeded to throw it as hard as he could in the direction of my son. My wife then jumped up absolutely shocked and furious as any parent would be in this situation, pointed her finger at him and yelled 'how dare you attack my son!'. The man shoved my wife across the restaurant, which resulted in a large, nasty bruise on her left arm. She was left very upset and angry as I am sure you can appreciate. At this point I intervened and tried to block the man's attempts to assault my wife, but I was held back by security (who had appeared by this time).
I hasten to add, I had no intention of hitting the man, I just wanted to him to back off. Any man in this position would have done the same thing to protect his wife and child.

When the security staff asked us to move away, (which we did although they should have really removed him), he then shouted at my wife and called her a nasty word. (The filter on this site prevents me from posting the full term but I'm sure you can use your imagination). This is obviously totally unacceptable behaviour. Moreover, this happened in a public place in a 5-star hotel. There were lots of other children around.

The Assistant Manager of the hotel was quick to appear on the scene and was very pleasant. She listened to our complaint. My wife said she had been assaulted and we were not happy. The Assistant Manager went to speak to the other couple and returned to us saying (in her words) that they were very arrogant and would not apologise to us despite of what was done and said. My wife was so upset by the event we simply wanted to go home. We could not stand to be there any longer than necessary. At our expense we booked early flights and left. The Manager of the hotel, Ali, appeared and tried to calm the situation. He agreed that the other guest was out of order but he said his hands were tied as they were also guests in the hotel. In retrospect we should have called the police, regardless. However, at the time, it all happened so quickly, and my wife was so deeply shocked, we just wanted to escape the situation, especially having a young child with us.

An hour or so later after sitting with our travel rep and booking new flights the Manager again said he was sad we were leaving early. He offered to move us to another hotel and said it was highly unlikely we would bump into this couple again. First of all, in our opinion, this couple should have been the ones to leave, and not us. Secondly, the couple were definitely following us around after the event as if to provoke us further. They would sit a few tables behind us at breakfast and lunch the next day and we also saw them trying to get into the same lift and my parents had to sit at reception in their vicinity when they checked out. So much for not bumping into them! This couple also appeared to have plenty of 'cohorts' who would relentlessly stare at us and talk about us behind our backs during our final day. In fact, one lady may have even gone so far to take a photograph of me sitting at a table drinking a coffee whilst playing star wars with my son, for what reason I do not know, but it was very unsettling and intimidating. I have a conversational understanding of a few European languages and do not feel I am being paranoid about the above.

On our final day when we were having coffee the manager came over to us all. I pointed out my wife's bruise as a result of the assault and he looked sheepish. He mumbled that it was sad we that we decided to leave but couldn't get away quick enough.

There is a board near the lobby bar which has photos of repeat customers. Our nemesis was on this board and they had visited at least 24 times. This would go some way to explain why the hotel did absolutely nothing as they would not want to upset a 'loyal' customer. But it is obviously very wrong and very telling. It suggests that the hotel's loyalty lie with their repeat customers (of which there are many) regardless of any criminal acts committed in their properties.

I just want to summarise - the man was aggressive. He physically assaulted and verbally assaulted my wife, and physically assaulted my son. In our opinion the hotel should have done more from the outset. We clearly stated on several occasions that she was assaulted and we have photographic evidence of the bruising. We also have witnesses to this event.

We have been left very upset and angry and particularly by the way we were treated by the hotel.

We would not recommend this hotel under any circumstances.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
15 Thank PhilandFee
Altan a, General Manager at Crystal Sunrise Queen Luxury Resort & SPA, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear PhilandFee,

I agree that our guests had a very distressing experience and I believe that everything in our power has been done to keep them happy but due to their perception of the event it was obvious that, whatever we explain , there was no way that they could except any wrong doing from their side.

The event as explained above by our guest are mostly true ,apart from some minor but important details, which I can attribute to misperception due to the stress level of incident.

Firstly the case has happened between two families from different nationalities so the language barrier may have played some role for their misperception. But I spoke to our English guests and my guest relations manager spoke to the German ones to mitigate the situation and dispate our efforts none of the families accepted any guilt and was ready to apologies from each other. Since we did not witness the situation and we are not legal authorities we had no way of judging the guilty or innocent ones and have no discretionary power of dismissing any of them from our hotel. And none of them asked for the intervention of any legal authorities
Even our complaining guests had explained that they fed the cat which had been done against the hotel rules(at each info board and on many tables we have little perplex boards with information about feeding cats) restricting guests from doing it, so technically they have given a reason to other family to start the argument. Meanwhile the subject cat is not the ‘’hotel cat” , but just one of the ordinary cats came to the hotel during winter as that is the usual occurrence of every year when many of the hotels around get closed and cats immigrate from one hotel to another. Unfortunately we don’t have any way of restricting them from wandering around because our hotel like many of the other ones ,are subject to easy access due to its position and architecture, the only way of getting rid of them is to poison them which we never want to do, as we are always against the animal cruelty.

Secondly the German family was not 24 time staying guests as a General Manager of Sunrise Queen more than 15 years, I never seen them before neither our records show anything like that and my reaction to the situation would not have been any different, even they were 24 times coming guests. If it is any condolence, German couple decided to never come back to Sunrise due to the incidents. We believe that our reaction was appropriate as we are not lawyers or judges of any party and more than 500 comments on this web site is the proof of our good will and intention to give our best service possible.

Ali UCAS
Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 28, 2014

So looking forward to my return visit Crystal Sunrise but overall disappointing,only people arriving on Thomas Cook holiday...Reception staff indifferent no explanation of facilities or room,just given a booklet, as we had been before it didn't really matter although we were kept awake most of the night as I had frogotten how to turn off A/C..We stayed in Super De Lux Terrace Room sounds grand but in reality it is far from it, the only bonus is it is ground floor & has a large terrace but all that did was give a home to a cat & her three kittens...The corridor had a leak from the ceiling & there was water pouring from it for at least three days & even after we had complained nothing happened until I mentioned it to Altan,I recall this was the same two years ago when there was a hole in the wall in the same corridor oh well some things never change..In reality many of the public areas were "tired" & along with our room could do with a makeover...The bar staff were surly, it did appear they were more interested in serving other nationality's maybe we don't tip enough & the food was not up to the standard I had experienced previously...Now it sounds as though there was nothing good about it but there was ,our cleaner was superb,she did the best she could to keep it spotless,Tuncay a waiter is very good & was always prepared to see if he could help even if he wasn't on our station,there was one other waiter who looked after us along with others at lunchtime but unfortunately I cannot remember his name & last but not least the beach was a real treat well looked after, again spotlessly clean ,the pots masqerading as bins by the beds were emptied throughout the day & the lifeguard always smiled & had a kind word for all on the beach...Plenty of beds & nice ones at that..
Will think long & hard before visiting again..

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
5 Thank LOAFERS
CrystalSunriseQueen, CRYSTAL SUNRISE QUEEN CRM at Crystal Sunrise Queen Luxury Resort & SPA, responded to this review, January 15, 2015
Dear LOAFERS,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback which we will use to improve our service.

We are sorry to hear we could not exceed your expectations and do hope we have the opportunity to make your stay a fantastic one in the future.

Kind Regards