“great holiday 28/09/13 to 8/10/13”
Review of SENTIDO Perissia

SENTIDO Perissia
Ranked #12 of 227 Hotels in Side
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“great holiday 28/09/13 to 8/10/13”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Read some rotten reviews before we went so when we arrived we were quite supprised how clean and well presented the hotel was . We were taken to our room and shown how to use the safe and air con . The dinning room is lovely and again very clean , the bars are also very good ,and the waiters worked very quickly and soon remember what you want with out you having to tell them . ..The entertainment was also good and the team worked very hard all day and always quite happy to chat with you . Our hotel room was of a good size and again kept very clean . I some times can not understand what people want from a holiday and I would love to see inside there homes at just how clean they are ,when ever you get a lot of people in a very hot place you will always get tummy bugs ,what happens is a lot of people dont bother with washing hands a germs then spread very quickly. All in all great holiday great hotel and great staff .

2 Thank birminghamlass_13
palomatolga, General Manager at SENTIDO Perissia, responded to this review, March 17, 2015
Dear BirmingHamlass,

Sentido Perissia Management Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (353)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Kent
Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

Im writing this because of the many 4/5 star rating this hotel has received and because I was fooled by this myself... This is a honest review 4 of my family went boyfriend and I, daughter 2 years and a 8 month old baby .. Who was ill and my daughter and all of us had upset tummy...So under no circumstances is this a 5 star hotel at all... I emphasis if your use to 5 star then this is certainly not it. I'm writing this after being transferred from the sentido to alternative accommodation and to a real 5 star .. Albeit Thomas cook advertise this as 5star My Style not!!! Even the Rep confirmed that the hotel is way under the standards it should be ! Yet they continue to sell it as 5 star how misleading .. I was there for two weeks we managed 8 days. I have no idea how people can rate this 5 star it's hardly keeping its head above water ... Stained carpet ...sun loungers blue but gone discoloured yellow... Thin horrible holey beach towels ... The pool closed three times in one week human stools ....spa pool never opened... I AM not exaggerating please believe me I've stayed in lots of places but this is terrible. The decor is out of the 70s no chance of getting a seat in the terrace in the evening and if you do the tables are sticky and horrible ... No waiters to serve you ... The high chairs plastic peeling off them ... Not good ... The pool toilet "vial" splashes all up side of cubicles .. The restaurant toilet just as bad...All I can say is if you want information please message me... DO NOT go to this hotel unless your after a 2 star with 5 star prices... To add to this do not be fooled by all the great reviews like I was I'm shocked and I can't believe people actually think its 5 star ... If you want photos message me i have plenty!... I do have to say the staff work hard and relentless trying to keep the place clean but they are trying there best and under pressure but this place should be closed until its had a full refurb.. And Thomas cook should freeze guests from staying there ...but remember don't expect this hotel to wow you in ANY way!! I could continue yet I won't !! Email or message me happily give you information after all we all want a nice holiday and this is not it!!

• Stayed September 2013
12 Thank Nichola1
palomatolga, General Manager at SENTIDO Perissia, responded to this review, April 1, 2015
Dear Nichola1,

Thank you for sharing your opinion concerning our hotel with the wide World.

All feedback given from our guests is important as this gives us the chance to increase our hotel's quality.

We would be pleased to welcoming you again one day.

Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I stayed here for a week with my wife and 3 year old son from 1st to 8th October. On arrival we found the check in process to be simple and the reception area to be very smart and high quality. Our room was of decent size but we were slightly annoyed to find twin beds and no obvious bed for our son. On querying we were told all standard rooms are twin beds, but this was not made clear on booking. They also said the sofa was a bed for our son, which was not ideal but it was made up on request. To be fair when we put the twins together a kindly maid (they were excellent) put a double sheet on. The air conditioning was questionable but all in all the room was fine. We stayed the same week last year at the Voyage Sorgun, which I gave 5 stars and I thought the main restaurant at the Sentido, whilst being similar was not as good. The food was well cooked and with a fair amount of variety but there were niggles. For the first couple of days there was a long queue for bacon at breakfast, this was very well cooked and the queue was as it was delicious, then after 3 days there was no bacon. The next day there were no sausages either. There were plenty of other choices but having paid a lot of money for a 5 star all inclusive break that wasn't very good. There is less food choice in the day than at the Voyage, it seems bizarre you cant get a burger and chips until 2.30, the only lunch choice is buffet at main restaurant or buffet (limited selection of that from main) at Sandy Beach. Food times are very limited, Sandy Beach is only open for food between 12.30 and 2.30 for example. The a la carte restaurants however are superb! We ate in the international, Turkish and Fish restaurants and they were all superb, but the Turkish was the best by some distance. It was an amazing experience, with lovely Turkish music, belly dancer and fantastic food. Highly recommended and booking is simple, far better than the bizarre system at the Voyage. The pools are very nice, although it is advertised there are 3 children's pools, but in reality there is only one, but it is a good one. The beach is great, with a 'wibbly wobbly pier' that has to be seen to be believed! The bars are fine and service is good. My other niggle was the ice cream which is part of the all inclusive, there were freezers to help yourself but only 2 different types. No real problem as they were both nice. My moan though is that on our last day the ice cream didn't turn up, and on asking I was just met with shrugs. Try telling a 3 year old they cant have an ice cream....in my opinion in a 5 star hotel, not good enough. Whilst I have gripes this is a lovely hotel in a nice location, and there are some nice touches such as the help yourself fridges full of bottled water by the pool and on the beach, and the free wifi throughout. The hotel was very clean and we saw no evidence of previous problems. Would I go back....probably not, but would I say it was a bad choice, definitely not. But for a few niggles this could have got 5 stars but making direct comparison with the Voyage Sorgun the Sentido comes out a clear second.

Room Tip: If you want a double bed you will need to choose a superior room. You will also wont get a full '...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Dan P
palomatolga, General Manager at SENTIDO Perissia, responded to this review, March 25, 2015
Dear Dan P,

Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 9, 2013

This hotel is absolutley fabulous, the staff are lovely and friendly cant do enough for you.
Clean and tidy and the food was gorgeous, i must say i was also impressed how they look after
the cats on the grounds, being a catlover it was nice to see them .The pool where clean
We also enjoyed the turkish and italian restaurants , we had no trouble getting sunbeds.
The beer and wine was good, the avenue bar being the best
The hotel was situated straight on to the beach which is great,The entertainment everynight but sundays was very good.
The holiday was a total chill out and we didnt want to leave, will definatley be going back, cant wait.

1 Thank ginna92
Dear Ginna92,

Bishopstoke, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 8, 2013

This was our fourth holiday at this wonderful Hotel .We arrived on the 14th of September and stayed until the 29th of September enjoying another fantastic holiday . This hotel is spotlessly clean with amazing staff who go the extra mile to make sure that every guilt has a good holiday .The food is excellent and the a la carte restaurants. Are like going out for a special meal .The views form the terrace over looking the sea with live entertainment at night is fantastic with all nationalities mixing together . The animation team are lovely making sure everyone has a good time .My husband and I travel a lot around the world and I can honestly say that this hotel is one of the best we have stayed in .We also cruise a lot and the food here with the attention to service is first class

Room Tip: Rooms over looking the tennis courts and gardens are quiet
4 Thank Brenda S
Dear Brenda S,

scotland
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Arrived here a bit worried ,( the tummy bug thing ) must have been awful for those who got their holiday ruined ..arrived 5am, book in fine . room clean , we had the one with the bigger balcony , only problem was the air con hopeless even after we had the maintenance guys up to reset..thomas cook had loads of people there because of the problem, they no they should have done more .. looked after us really well thanks jordon , katie , and natalie .. breakfast good loads to choose from, no problem getting a sun bed at pool , and the pier for a swim in sea and a seat on the chairs for a couple hrs.. nice ,, late lunch in bar, pancakes burgers beer and a lolly. cake,s on way back up to room ..we took a dvd with some disks for the chill out time . nothing much on the tv in english ,,The restaurants. on the phone at nine . no problem . but the 1 time failed ,, guest relations got us table . the buffet , i,m sure there was something there for every 1 . chinese our favourite.. international 2nd, turkish 3rd ,( the belly dancer was brill ), fish 4th, did,nt think the b q was worth the money ..the wine served was very drinkable ..The bars , you sometimes had a small wait when they busy but no problem , and most of the bar persons were always up for a laugh.. the night time entertainment was ok.. a walk side took 45 mins but we did,nt hurry . side like all other holiday towns. should have got taxi back, as another reviewer pointed out 37deg heat not good for walking to far ..overall the holiday we wanted ,, sun and relax ,, although the sister hotel in kemer we thought was better..

Room Tip: larger balcony
4 Thank DDAA
Dear DDAA,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 8, 2013

My bestfriend and I visited the Sentido Perissia at the beginning of September for what we hoped would be a fabulous holiday and it did not disappoint!!.. We were slightly worried because we had seen the story in the Daily Mail about the sickness breakout just before we were due to go but I can honestly say I dont think it was the hotel's fault, i think it was just bad luck and a one off! The hotel was very clean, you can tell the whole place is well looked after & maintained and i am really fussy when it comes to where i am eating and sleeping and i definately thought this hotel lived up to my standards & more! The resturants are lovely - especially the Al la Carte resturants, the food was always very enjoyable & tasted fresh! Rooms were lovely & well maintained and the beds very comfy too!
The staff were amazing, very friendly and cant do enough for you! We hope to see a few familiar faces when we go back next year!
The hotel is only a short cab ride away from Side the nearest town centre and there's loads of shops & bars/resturants if you did want to venture out!
The only thing i would say is that there wasnt many other young people our age (26), but it didnt affect our holiday and we still had a brilliant time! I would say this hotel is more for family's and older couples.
All in all this was a fab holiday, highly recommended and me & my friend cant wait to go back!

Room Tip: Higher floors have the better views!!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends