Tripadvisor
Side
1,970 results
All reviews smiley team kids world kids club turkey pool bar relax pool entertainment team life guards rifle shooting great holiday main restaurant pancake lady adult pool salad ice cream bar staff ten minute walk
Selected filters
Reviewed January 3, 2020 via mobile

We stayed our first six nights at the Otium Seven Seas, which was a wonderful resort place, and the last night, due to season close down,at the Otium Eco Club, also a very nice place to be in, but a little downscaled from Seven Seas.
However, upon departing the hotel and arriving back home, we realized that our youngest had forgotten his teddy bunny at the hotel, in the room. After several calls to the hotel and some extended communication on WhatsApp, the rabbit was finally recovered!, and that included searching through two hotels actually! Once we received the picture of the bunny from front desk our son was the happiest guy alive that day. I would like to extend my deepest and most heartfelt thanks to the fantastic staff att the hotel who never gave up on us and our bunny, and kept searching for it until found eventually. I consider this to be a service mentality of the absolutely most high standing standards, and I remain deeply impressed by it. To all of you over there that helped us out; have a wonderful 2020 and hopefully will see you in october this year again!

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
GuestRE, Konuk İlişkileri Müdürü at Otium Family Eco Club (ex.Otium Eco Club Side), responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2020

Dear Pieter,
First of all we would like to thank you for taking your time to share your review with us. We are happy that your holiday in both of our hotels met your expectations. Your compliments about the level of our service is the best source of motivation for us. As our little guests are the most precious for us, we are glad to make them happy even after the holiday :)
We hope to welcome you again in our hotel.
Sincerely yours
Smiley Service Team

Reviewed November 3, 2019 via mobile

We've just come back from 10 days at this wonderful hotel. Myself, my husband and our 3 children, aged 8, 12 and 14, all had an amazing holiday.
I can't say enough good things about it. The food is superb, the cleanliness is spotless, the amenities are perfect and the staff are out of this world. I can't believe a few reviews commented on the lack of English food, you're in Turkey not Benidorm!! The food really is fabulous with plenty of choice and certainly enough variety for every taste. We were there for the last week of the season and the chefs still pulled out all the stops with amazing food. Not only that they were always in the restaurant greeting the guests with huge smiles on their faces. Everyone is so friendly, from the waiters to the cleaners.
We had an amazing cleaner, Nuriye, who did a fabulous job on our villa every day. It was spotless, with some much appreciated towel art. Everytime we came back from the pool we were excited to see what she'd left for us. The entire hotel is so clean, the cleaners are constantly around sweeping and cleaning, especially Ender.
The pools are all brilliant and the 3 water slides kept the children, and us, entertained for hours. Even the life guards are really friendly, they seemed to love seeing everyone having a great time in the pools. You could do various activities during the day from water polo to rifle shooting and darts.
There are a few bars to choose from, one in the lobby, a pool bar and the lake lounge with entertainment in the evenings.
Musa works in the lobby bar and is also brilliant.
You can take a short walk to the beach (less than 10 minutes) or a mini bus. There's a section of the beach reserved for Otium eco guests, with its own bar which also serves food and ice cream throughout the day. So this is perfect for a change of scenery. You can also do some water sports here, like parasailing and jet ski hire.
The best part for us though was the entertainment guys. Gunay and Eray really made it for us. We had some great nights with these 2, joining in with the evening quizzes or just sitting down having a chat with them. They were great with our children and helped them really enjoy the activities during the day and evenings. Even our 14 year and my husband joined in, which is a first.
I would totally recommend this hotel to anyone, it's perfect for families and the children certainly won't get bored. Our son also had his birthday whilst we were there and they made him feel really special all day, even reserving us a table in the restaurant with balloons and a cake and singing Happy Birthday.

Thank you to all at The Otium Eco club, it really was a holiday to remember !!!

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
GuestRE, Responsable relations clients at Otium Family Eco Club (ex.Otium Eco Club Side), responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2019

Dear lauramasons,

You are always very welcomed as our valued guests and we are looking forward to see you again !

Reviewed November 3, 2019 via mobile

Just back from an amazing 11 day stay at this fantastic hotel.
We're a family of five and all of us couldn't have had a better time.

Facilities. I used the gym every. It was perfectly adequate.
The pools, grounds and spa were beautiful.

Food. Absolutely brilliant. There really is something for every taste. I don't understand the reviews that say otherwise.

Staff. This is where this hotel really excels. Every member of staff that I encountered were so polite, helpful and friendly and worked tirelessly to ensure guests get the best experience.

Our cleaner, Nuriya kept our villa immaculate.
Ender, another cleaner, worked so hard keeping all areas of the hotel clean.

The bar and waiting staff, especially Musa and the reception bar team were so professional and always found time to chat despite being so busy.

But for us special mention must go to the entertainment team led by the amazing Gunay and Erai. I have never seen two people who love keeping their guests (the children mostly) so happy. Our three kids loved them and even we got involved ( I never normally do this on holiday) in their daily activities because they made them so much fun.

Thankyou so much to everyone at the hotel for giving us such a perfect family holiday.

Would recommend this place and we are definitely considering returning next year (we have never considered going back to the same place until now).

Date of stay: November 2019

Dear OwnerAG,

First of all we would like to thank you for your review. We are delighted to learn that you holiday was great and you enjoyed your time. Thank you for all your compliments about our staff, we will be happy to share it with our team. We are looking forward to welcome you again in our hotel.

Reviewed November 3, 2019

We stayed here for a week in September & had a lovely, relaxing time.

We were lucky enough to receive an upgrade to a villa, which defintely helped improve our holiday experience. Please note that not all rooms have a balcony or outdoor space as we were shocked to find out when speaking with others.

This is a proper European hotel; lots of Russians, French, Turkish but there was never any problems. I've read reviews of other AI hotels in the area with bullish Russian guests spoiling it for others. Not so here - all holidaymakers were friendly and well behaved.

The food was a really good standard without being repetitive. We don't eat meat but still had loads of choice. Do not expect a full English breakfast as it caters for lots of nationalities.The food station at the beach was great, with a good snack selection, drinks & ice creams etc.

Drinks were of a really good standard. A choice of about 20 cocktails were offered (the last hotel we stayed at had one daily free choice, pay for all others) and were some of the best we've had at an AI resort, but it did depend on who served you. Beer was Efes & the red wine was quite nice.

The beach was lovely and well organised. It's a 10 minute stroll away. A cabana can be hired for an extra cost which is a nice touch. The hotel offers a la carte experiences for a small extra fee, which are well worth the money. The fish meal on the beach in the sister hotel was tremendous.

The spa was relatively expensive but was lovely. I went twice. There is also a decent gym on site with enough variety for a good workout. The pools are great and mainly centred around fun, but there is also a really nice adults only pool for chilling.

Entertainment was all family based. We enjoyed the 2 acrobatic / gymnastic shows which we saw. There was loads of great activities for smaller kids to keep them busy - you could not fault the hotel in that respect.

All staff were ultra polite and friendly, and the Smiley Team are there to help with all enquiries or problems. The hotel was kept immaculately clean at all times.

Manavgat is 2 hours plus from the airport on the shared coach. We paid for a private taxi which took half the time for £50 return. The hotel itself is approx 15 minutes away from Side in a dolmus (£10 taxi one wayfixed price) and is worth a visit for the ruins.

Recommended

Date of stay: September 2019

Dear FrancoLFC,

We would like to sincerely thank you for your feedback about your stay in our hotel. We are so happy to learn that you were satisfied with our services. We always keep doing efforts to be able to give our guests the highest quality of service. In this sense, we are grateful to your for supporting us with your positive comments. Your opinion shared on this web site inspires us to make our job even better and we will be proud to share your comments with the whole Management Team !

Reviewed October 28, 2019

I visited eco club in August and it was by far the best holiday I have had! I felt so secure in the hotel and didn’t feel the need to leave as I had everything I needed in the hotel. The entertainment staff are of another level, to mention a few, Zakaria, Hamza and Eray were the biggest part of my experience, they put a smile on my face everyday and encouraged me and my family to participate in every activity. My family and I enjoyed our time so much, we have booked to come back next year. I hope to see the same entertainment (animation team) staff as they are irreplaceable. I will recommend this holiday to all of my friends and family. Thank you for an amazing holiday. So deserving of 5 star.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
GuestRE, Responsable relations clients at Otium Family Eco Club (ex.Otium Eco Club Side), responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2019

Dear guest,

First of all we would like to thank you for your review. We are delighted to learn that your holiday was that great and our staff were there to make it special. Thank you for all your compliments, we will be happy to share them with the entire team. We are looking forward to welcome you again in our hotel.