“Best in Side”

Conny's Restaurant And Bar
Ranked #10 of 200 Restaurants in Side
Cuisines: French, British, Bar
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Conny's is one of the leading restaurants in Side. Situated just outside of antique Side. Our kitchen serves international food with a French touch. Also we serve local dishes and for the children we have a special Menu. We are open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. In the bar we have several evenings entertainment. Open from 1 April - 15 November
Reviewed October 20, 2012

We have just spent 2 weeks in Side and tried 5 of the top rated restaurants: we thought that Conny's was the best. Conny and Ad were very welcomimg and the staff were wonderful. The restaurant was well set out in a smart Western European style and the food and service were excellent. The menu was extensive including a variety of cuisines. The cost was a little higher than the other places we tried (typically we spent 80 to 100 T lire without drinks - usually only 2 courses because we couldn't manage a third) but compared to any equivalent restaurant in UK it was an absolute bargain. Usually when we holiday, we prefer to go out in the evenings to eat but because we enjoyed it so much, we ate at Conny's 6 times.

An excellent venue in great surroundings for a very good meal.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

3 course excellent food, 2 bottles of wine & a bottle of water for less than £30- a head... Bargain!

We live part-time near Side, and believe me when I tell you we get a little bored of Turkish cuisine from time-2-time. Then it's time for Conny's - a really welcome change. Excellent food, good service and not a rip-off!

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Connys was raved about but we found it to be over rated. The food was OK but we had had equally good meals at half the price elsewhere. We were asked if we had a reservation in an empty restaurant - who were they kidding?

2  Thank chattycathy22
Reviewed September 29, 2012

My wife and I were on Honeymoon and by gosh we got lucky. We went twice in two weeks even though we had planned to explore and try something new everyday, it was that good! Next time we come to Side we won't bother with anything but Conny's and our favourite turkish food place when going out.

Conny's isn't a big restaurant, but it is cozy and well decorated. The pick up and drop off service is complementary and the owners meet you when you arrive, but make sure to book ahead as it is very popular. The menu is a great selection of European foods, however if you want authentic Turkish food they also do it. We think that it might be a waste of their talents though as the European food is top shelf and would be Michelin star worthy if it took some more risks, but on-the-edge experimentation or superfluous ostentation is not what we felt Conny's is about. For us it was having an exceptional meal in relaxing and friendly atmosphere that instantly makes you feel at home. Conny's may not be a "Fat Duck" or "Michael Caines" but it is the kind of place you find yourself just wanting to come back to again and again - a "local" if you will.

My wife and I like to be adventurous so we went with the "Surprise" menu. It was incredible, Swordfish, Fillet steaks, Lobster, you name it, all prepared to perfection. I am very particular about my food (particularly steak and fish) as my passion is cooking, but everything was as near to perfect as possible here. Steaks (rare) had a lovely caramelised surface with excellent bite that revealed inside a tender and juicy cut with plenty of flavour. The port wine sauce was exquisitely balanced, enhancing the flavours instead of overwhelming, while the Rochefort was so dreamy and deep it initiates a trance-like state of bliss. The fish was spot on as well, just in that 30 second window of it having been cooked through but still retaining the moisture and delicacy of rare fish. Their wine recommendations were superb as well, the Chardonnay being the best I have had outside of a 5 star hotel in Turkey (good wines are hard to find there nowadays).

You will find the same level of cuisine in Europe's larger cities, but you are looking at 3 to 5 times the price easy. To find this in Turkey and the small town of Side to add to that is nothing short of astonishing and as you can tell we are now converts. Go and enjoy yourselves!

Reviewed September 28, 2012

I left my review of this beautiful restaurant under the hotel review!!! Whoops! Please look at that instead of me boring you all twice!