“Excellant Hotel”

Ali Bey Club Park Manavgat
Ranked #53 of 324 Hotels in Manavgat
“Excellant Hotel”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Found this hotel amazing, daytime in the water park or lazing around the large pool areas both was very enjoyable. The night time shows are amazing and I would have no problem in recommending any one to stay here. Rooms are clean and tidy and restaurants and staff very clean and efficient.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Mike F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Have just returned from Ali Bey. This is my 3rd year now and each time, there have been improvements made. We took our daughter and my husbands parents who are 'seasoned' travellers and have been to turkey before. They admitted this was the best hotel they had stayed in, the rooms are comfortable, clean, we'll stocked mini bars. The choice of food is excellent and if you were a real glutton, you could eat constantly all day with the times of food availability. 'Late breakfast, lunch, late lunch, waffle bar, cheese and bagels, dinner and as much ice cream and cakes as you could manage!!.
The staff are excellent with the entertainment staff particularly hard workers!!
We love the pools and the aqua park, the close proximity of the beach. The gardens are well kept and beautiful, as are the grounds of the hotel.
We are returning again next year for our 4th visit, as we cannot find any other hotels which compare value for money and overall holiday experience. We have friends who have booked for this summer purely on our recommendation. We know they will love it as much as we do!

Room Tip: Try and get a room in a block near the beach ( the lower numbered blocks)
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Juliet T
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

Just got back from a 10 day holiday. We couldn't have wished for a better break,we have two children 9 & 15 and both thoroughly enjoyed themselves.We felt that they were safe and we never had to keep a watch over them.Firstly the grounds are magnificent,and kept immaculately.The food is plentifull and of a very good standard there were plenty of different restaurants that you could eat in and the service in all was excellent.all the staff from reception to the cleaners were very friendly and always willing to help.theres plenty for the kids to do as it has a excellent waterpark on site that compares to many we have paid 30 euros plus to get in elsewhere.The pools were all spotlessly clean and also for most of the holiday had lifeguards present which I can't remember seeing for a long time.In all we would like to thank the ali bey for a fabulous 10 days and I will definitely re visit

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank nicola p
Watford, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Just returned from the fantastic Alibey, Manavgat. Our ages ranged from 62 - 5 and the hotel caters for all . We had a family room which was spacious and although it could do with a refurb was kept very clean by our lovely maid. Clean towels every day, Dove shower gel and shampoo, bed changed a couple of times during our week, good air con - one downside only one electric socket in the room. The food in the many restaurants was very good managed to have our evening meal most evenings by the beach. The aqua park was enjoyed by us all it is very large with plenty of rides suitable for all ages including toddlers. There is a nice restaurant and bar there - plenty of sun beds and shade we spent most of our days there. The evening entertainment was fantastic we managed to see 4 shows, the entertainment team are very professional, the costumes and props were amazing just like watching a show in the West End we have been to many 5 star hotels in Turkey and this was by far the best entertainment. Everywhere is spotless and very well maintained and all staff are very friendly. The drinks package was ok - a few cocktails included - my tipple Martini and Baileys has to be paid for. We cannot wait to go back next year.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank beverley187058
Reviewed May 26, 2013

What to do when it's too cold or the time of the year and definitely too cold to go sailing in NL?
Go for a sun and beach break!
Based on reviews and experience of a good friend we selected Ali Bey Manavgat near Side in Turkey.
In a few words: lots of rooms and even more people, a few restaurants and pools and a lot of beach, tennis courts and other activities.
The rooms are clean and free from insects, but I would advice to book the superior rooms, which basically means "newer" and make sure to ask for a room near the sea side, else you might be in for a long walk several times a day.
The entire staff is friendly and forthcoming and speaks mostly a little English, German and or Russian, next to Turkish.
The restaurants basically all serve the same food and unfortunately mostly the same every day, although with a lot of choice.
They claim to assist you with allergies, but frankly they don't have a clue.
As a break from the daily routine we tried the "à la carte" restaurant. Same food only served on a plate instead of lining up in the cue. The view and lack of people was however very nice. ( it is additional to the all-inclusive, so rarely used)
As for the drinks and wine, we ended up ordering for additional costs. When on holiday, we didn't feel like drinking low quality just because it is for free.
Despite warnings we made a trip and indeed had to regret. No idea where we we going, neither had the driver any clue of where he was going. Finally dropped of at a questionable looking hamam, where foreign languages were not spoken. As soon as it was clear we were not interested in extras, they lost their interest as well. We were glad to be out and even more glad that the drive back was with other tourists and with a somewhat more professional driver.
We had sun, beach, swimming, reading and relaxing and with the bottle of wine each night came a reserved table as small bonus.
Basically it was what we came for and not bad at all.
Since it was out first time to an all inclusive, we can not compare to other venues, but judging the stories in the plane and bus, it was indeed not bad at all.
Though we will go for somewhat smaller and more luxurious next time

Room Tip: Book a superior room close to the beach.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank J-W B
Aarberg, Bern, Switzerland
Reviewed May 21, 2013

After many years of enjoying motorhome holidays we decided to splash out on an all inclusive trip to Turkey, and after many hours reading reviews on places to go, and from information we had from a relative we were happy to choose Ali Bey.

For a family of four with a girl and a boy aged 15 and 12 it is not easy deciding where to go when the price is quite expensive and you are unsure if it will be what they would want. We are a non smoking family and will avoid it whenever possible.

Most of the reviews that we read before we went were positive and gave it 5 stars or around 5 stars. My biggest concern was for the food and what the water parks would be like, as I like good quality food, and lots of it, and you obviously need places for the kids to do their thing. I am also big on healthy food as I like to train every day which allows me to eat what I want and not worry about it.

I took a lot of photos with the ipad of the food and am pleased that I did when I see some of the reviews slagging off the menu. I have been to a lot of places in my time with my job, and can say that the food served here was the largest choice I have ever seen. Add to that the fact that you could choose from so many different dishes and go back as many times as you wanted was a bonus.

We would attend for breakfast around 9am after I had been training and never had a problem choosing somewhere to sit. Yes there are lots of Russians and Germans, and quite a few smokers, but you did not have to sit at the same table as them, or anywhere near them. It was your choice where you sat. In the whole 10 days we were unlucky to get a seat next to a smoker only twice, and we could easily have moved if it was such a big problem.

Breakfast was amazing. So much choice from healthy yoghurt and fruit salad to a full fat boys with fried eggs and bacon. You could eat as much as you wanted. If you missed breakfast which closes at 10am, you could walk down to the beach and have a late breakfast which opened at 10. There was always somewhere to go for food during the day until gone midnight.

After breakfast we would wander over to the coffee shop and get a free coffee, yoghurt or cake and sit down to check the news on the wifi. The kids could choose from any of the above or take an ice cream from the freezer.

After this we would either go down to the beach and find a spot for the rest of the morning, or go to the water park and again find a spot. At both places you had food and drinks available free of charge.

Around lunchtime we would then either go back to the main restaurant for lunch or wander down to the beach and have lunch at the beach restaurant. Both served very nice food with an unbelievable choice. How anyone can fail to find good quality food here is beyond me. The waiters do not speak great english, but were never unfriendly to us and most tried to speak english. We could get drinks served to the table by them almost as soon as we sat down. if not, then I would go and get my own juice or tea straight from the place where they served it from, it was not a problem.

Looking at the negative reviews, you need to be friendly to the waiters to get friendliness returned. we never had a bad service from any of them. I can only assume that those who received a poor service were rude or too stuck up.

There are so many different hot plates and cold plates that it is difficult to choose where to start. I normally started with a healthy salad, and only took exactly what I wanted to eat. My family choose their own at every meal and never had a problem finding something that they liked.

The kids would even go and get a burger with all the other kids when they were in the Water park, they obviously burn a lot of energy when they are running around all day.

In the whole 10 days we were there I did not have one piece of bread, one portion of chips or anything in the fat boys food menu. There was so much healthy food that I ate exactly what I wanted with lots of protein, meats, rice, chinese and washed it down with a lovely fresh plain yogurt and fruit salad and finished it off with a stunning cake and the best Turkish ice cream I have tasted.

Because I love food I had to pay 35 euro for a weeks enrolment to the gym. This was a small price to pay as it allowed me to train for an hour in the morning and an hour in the evening to burn off the food to make way for the next session.

I also swam in the bottom pool on the odd occasion and did the wire around the swimming section in the sea, which was the warmest sea I have ever had the pleasure of.

Evening meals were spread out by us. We sometimes went to the main restaurant where we normally went, and on other occasions we went down to the sea and took our place in the queue so that we could get a table looking out straight over the sea. if you get there 10 minutes before it opens you have a great chance of getting a table on the front. If not you will easily get one in the restaurant. There are tables that are reserved, and if you get to know a waiter they will reserve one for you for a small price.

Food at any restaurant was excellent throughout the whole time we were there. After the evening meal we would have a wander around and then head over for a coffee in the coffee shop and then normally watch a show. The shows are not very good and we did not really sit much to listen to them. We did not go there for the night life and it was exactly as we expected.

The kids went off and did there own thing everyday, and we normally went to the same area as they did but just relaxed in one of the many chairs. Once settled you can go anytime to grab a coffee and an ice cream or some grapes and bring it back to your table. A waiter cleaned up the cups in the mornings and afternoons.

Not once did we have trouble finding a decent place to park our bums. Yes there were the odd towel thrown here and there, but we did the same when we went for lunch if we intended coming back in the afternoon. It was never an issue like in a small hotel. I have seen complaints about the beach sun beds. Take a towel from the towel man by the beach for free for a bit more comfort. It was never an issue for me.

The Rooms
Close by the sea all of the apartments have been modernised. We were in one of the older apartments that still needed updating. Yes it was old fashioned and dated, but it was clean and tidy and the fridge was always stocked with cold drinks. The TV worked but we never watched it, and the shower was as you would expect. If you are spending so much money on a holiday and you complain about the TV then I feel sorry for you.

The rooms close to the main restaurant are not ideal if you like it quiet at night as you can hear the fans working all night from the restaurant probably as they prepare for the next day. We prefer it more peaceful, and as such when we return in 2014 we will be looking at a place closer to the pool nearest to the sea. They were very quiet at night, and have all been fully modernised.

By now all of the apartments should have been modernised as they were completing the remainder after the end of the 2012 season. Try and book one closer to the sea if you like it more peaceful.

Avoid the photographers as they can be annoying. Pictures are not cheap and many do buy them. I have no idea why.

There is a small village nearby if you want to go and wander on the odd day. There is not much else though.

This is a great holiday for those with kids and those who enjoy good quality healthy food. If you want to eat the usual english fatboy food then this is also available. You can have a steak or two twice a day, and as much bacon and sausage with chips as you can eat.

As For The Negative Reviews
Its certainly not a disgrace. I can see where some of the bad points come from in the negative reviews, but you can avoid the smoking, you do NOT need a translator, the rooms should all have been completed now, they were by far the biggest problem. The AQUA park has so much space you should be able to sit free from smoke, we certainly did, and the drinks are free, so if they get warm go and get another. Our children loved it and WANT to go back again. We did not go to watch TV or sit in our room for long periods, so we have no interest in how many TV channels are in English. I do not expect a bowl of fruit in my room or to sit at a table full of Germans or Russians who are smoking. We never had a problem getting a table all to ourselves. There was always enough seats on any serving either inside or outside the restaurant. We did not spend any nights aimless wandering around the restaurant. There is no smoking inside, so not an issue if you want to stay away from it. I have no idea how you cannot get a decent place at any of the pools. There are so many seats to choose from and more than enough for everyone. We are not high on drugs as one negative reviewer puts it. I can only assume that he was having problems with all the attention his girlfriend was getting. Another review states food is terrible? Love to know where he shops and what he eats as it must be out of this world, literally.

Yes it is expensive if you normally take cheaper holidays. For our family we were happy with the food which was the most important, followed by the things for the kids to do. Take a look at the costs of a 5 star hotel in London, you will get one night for what you pay for this for 10 days.

Some of the negative reviewers must have stayed a night in the Lanesborough Hotel in London at £8k a NIGHT from the way they talk.

I have posted a few of the photos here from what you can expect. Ignore some of the negative remarks as they sound desperately like people pushing for some sort of refund.

Room Tip: Choose a place closer to the sea as they have definitely been modernised, and they will be quieter t...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
8 Thank kpjjf
Blackpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I'm in this hotel as I write this. As some have said, the place is a German hotel full of Germans and Russians. If the inevitable sunbed battle bothers you then look elsewhere. The staff speak German and some English and it's not a problem to communicate with them. They are by and large friendly.

Our room is in block 11 and is very dated. Beware pictures in holiday brochures as only a few have been modernised. Most rooms do not look like the pictures. In ours, the beds are very old and offer no support whatsoever. Sound proofing is dire. There are two English channels on the old style television: CNN and BBC World News. The rest of the 40-odd channels are mostly German. Shower is powerful and very hot. There is Dove branded shower gel, soap and shampoo provided. Air con works well.

The food is excellent with a lot of choice. Some have mentioned issues with smokers in dining areas but we have not had a problem with that. Smoking is permitted everywhere though so we could have been just lucky.

Entertainment is again aimed at the German fraternity and to be honest is lacklustre anyway, with actors miming to clips of Monty Python mixed with bizarre miming to songs from shows.

If you are into fitness there is a Fitness First setup on site with constant outdoor classes running. They want 35 euros for a weeks membership if you are not already a Fitness First member. Classes seem to be run by mostly English instructors.

There are loads of tennis courts and there is also a water park which is excellent.

There are three main pools, one of which is adults only. Pools are clean and decently sized. Pool sunbeds are comfortable with a cushioned topper. Beach ones are not.

The beach is shingle at the water's edge but most of it is fine sand you can walk on without flip flops or beach shoes.

If you are on all inclusive you will not get much alcohol in your cocktails if you go for the local spirits (included on A.I.) but if you pay for import brands of spirits you do. Most of the cocktails you know and love are only available with imported spirits and therefore you have to pay regardless.

There is not much in the local area so if you like to venture out and about you will be disappointed.

Overall this is an ideal hotel for families due to the great water park and pools, and if you only want to sunbathe you will probably enjoy the hotel. If you want more from your holiday then look elsewhere.

• Stayed May 2013