Just returned from 10 days in Flora Gardens., we stayed 21st June til 2nd July. We arrived to a Thompson designated standard room at the back of the hotel near the road, although you could here the traffic it was drowned out by water falls strategically placed near each door. Although a little noisy they were better than the noise of passing traffic and something we could have lived with. However the balcony view was the back of the next row of rooms so we upgraded to one of the hotels rooms on that row, the room was bigger and had larger balcony, overlooked a large lawn area with hammocks and partial sea view. So much nicer and well worth the upgrade. The beds are good, not the normal flat hard planks as in most hotels but med to firm and very comfortable. The pillows were good too. We didn’t have slippers or robes in our rooms as indicated in other comments but I’m sure the hotel would have provided them if asked. There are no kettles in the standard rooms, a chair and more elec sockets near the dressing table would have been useful so hopefully this is something the owner could look at supplying. A DVD/CD player would have been a bonus too. The hotel owner is open minded to any suggestions and is interactive with his clients which is very refreshing.
The staff were lovely, some spoke and understood English better than others but they were keen to learn and extremely pleasant and helpful. Special thanks to Emma our rep & Oxana the hotels guest relations who both excelled at their jobs.
I soon realised the cats at the hotel were not being fed by the hotel, the Cat café was periodically filled with scraps by guests. There is a lovely gentle female cat and her four kittens that live near the cat café. She is a wonderful mother and is friendly so her and her kittens will be good to have around. I was extremely concerned and made a point every meal time to feed them before I ate. After talks with both The Hotel Manager and The Hotel Owner, I give them both a BIG THANK YOU! They have agreed to take responsibility for the care of the two families of cats in residence at the hotel. They have also agreed to have the cats neutered, feed them three times a day at the existing cat Café and install two more within the grounds which will keep the two cat families and the two male cats from being hungry and begging for scraps from the restaurants and hotel guests. Please unsure you carry on my plight to ensure this has been done. For anyone who does not like cats by doing this will ensure your holiday will be relaxing as there will be no stray cats looking for food within the hotel grounds. There are cats everywhere in turkey and Greece and it’s the responsibility of hotels like this to ensure a family of neutered cats are kept at the hotel to keep unwanted vermin and stray cats away.
Apart from making sure the hotel look after the cats I cannot fault my holiday in this hotel which in my opinion could soon be re classified to 5 Star considering the on going changes being implemented. The staff had new uniforms while we were there and looked so smart. A new pasta house had been opened. The food in the hotel is very good and the owner told me he was flying in an English chef to train his staff to meet the expectation of the English. He told me they were going to supply English Breakfast Tea in Tea pots and asked for any constructive criticism.
I would suggest looking into ethically sourced meat for the disconcerting guest like myself who chooses to eat local free range and outdoor breed meat wherever possible.
The hotel is in a quite location but a 20 - 30 min Dolmus ride in either direction to lively centres where there are shops and bars galore. We wondered twice to Side which was amazing and a VIP Boat trip which was fab.
The hotel animation team were great, a special thanks to Nick & Harry. We never felt the need to go out of the hotel because the entertainment was spot on. We also partied in the disco til the early hours to Snoop Dog and David Guetta.
The up to date music in the disco, we had a few fun late nights partying til the early hours.
One more BIG THANKYOU to the bar staff who were so full of fun, Ugu in the wine bar who was so sweet and so nice, the porters and the room maids who always had a big smile.
My only two gripes were with the reception staff who were a little aloof and their English was very poor considering their position as front of house. This is an area the owner should look at to improve and look for another Oxana because her attitude is perfect, she makes everyone feel special. My other gripe was with the reception staff at the Spa who were no very welcoming and looked down at you.
I highly recommend this hotel for couples, a romantic holiday the sunsets were STUNNING.. better than in the Maldives.
Would I go back, DEFINATYELY!!!! if the cats were cared for properly, they put in kettles and DVD player in your room, served English Tea and changed the main and spa reception staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Adult Only +16 is a contemporary, adults-only hotel. Expect things like inviting pool scenes, sophisticated décor, stylish eateries and standout location. Adult Only +16 holidays are all about taking it easy and enjoying the relaxed atmosphere. Just above the beach is a sea-facing swimming pool, positioned to make the most of the Mediterranean views. It's edged by smart wooden decking and framed by sunbeds. There's also a lawn dotted with bohemian-esque hammocks and bean bags, and shaded seating spots. The hotel rooms are scattered throughout the gardens in little wooden huts. They're really stylish, with dove-grey walls, purple curtains and king-size beds. Food-wise, you've got a choice between an international buffet restaurant and 5 speciality eateries. Flora Garden Beach Club Hotel management are committed to environmental protection and strive to reduce our property's operational impacts on the environment. Therefore Flora Garden Beach Club Hotel will ensure responsible waste management, avoid pollution, incorporate energy saving devices where possible, and encourage customers to respect and participate in our efforts to minimize the environmental impacts of the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cancelon and HRS so you can book your SENTIDO Flora Garden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Flora Garden Beach Hotel Manavgat
- SENTIDO Flora Garden Manavgat, Turkey - Antalya Province