We arrived in the early hours of Monday morning. Check in very quick and they upgraded us to a two room jacuzzi bungalow. We were a group of four with two teenagers so this put my mind at rest.
The hotel itself is positively palatial, excellent facilities, the spa is fab, the Thai girls who do the treatments very polite. The indoor pool large and warm during the conference tho heating was off before and after which was not quite so comfortable. The food was very nice, the salads lovely, soups very tasty, desserts scrummy. If you are looking for hot chips, spag bol and pizza you wont find it here but you can always go to the sunrise next door who apparently do some fab English food....
We had fantastic weather- hot sun every day so we spent our days on the beach. Paid for jetskis and flying fish ride, both 100 TkL which were fun. The photographers were abit of a pain for the girls .
Got a taxi to Side one day for our shopping, found the shopkeepers very polite and quite friendly.
Ok, having read previous reviews was a bit worried but on the whole found it a pleasant place to stay, rooms clean, mini bar stocked daily with coke, fanta and water. Grounds beautiful, very well maintained, food fine.Drinks ok though too strong - takes the enjoyment out of a G&T if it 90% gin!
Against: found the bar staff not rude but not warm and happy - cld be end of season but tough! Reception very changeabkle, some helpful others verging on rude. Pick up was 23.30, nearly had to pay $100 to check out late but in the end they charged me nothing but the young couple who were also with us were charged!
Spa expensive but they gave discount
There were only about 40 people in the hotel for the first two days then 1200 arrived for a doctors conference - very busy then, we were definitely second class guests although least the pool was warm then! They stayed until Saturday night. On Sunday, everything was being put away around us and we were moved along the beach so they cld collect the sun beds around us.
Entertainment was absolutely DIABOLICAL!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the Mediterranean shores, this luxurious hotel features 4 outdoor pools, private beach area and a spa centre. There is an indoor pool, 30 tennis courts, Golf fields Driving Range and Putting Green and a fitness centre. Free Wi-Fi is accessible with limited use.A TV, minibar and a balcony are standard in all of the air-conditioned rooms at Starlight Convention Center Thalasso & Spa. A bathrobe(only main building), hairdryer and slippers are provided in the bathroom.The hotel has several restaurants serving buffet or 12 à la carte menu options. The breakfast, lunch and dinner are offered in buffet style with a wide range of tastes to choose from. Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages can be ordered from one the bars on site.Guests can play a game of bowling, go for canoeing or ride a horse. You can join one of the meditation sessions of yoga, pilates or tennis classes. Work out in the fitness centre and relax in the Turkish bath, sauna or massage rooms. Water sports facilities, children’s pool and a playground are available.Antalya Airport is 80 km from at Starlight Convention Center Thalasso & Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz and Booking.com so you can book your Starlight Convention Center Thalasso & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Starlight Convention Center Thalasso And Spa
- Starlight Convention Center Thalasso Hotel Manavgat
- Starlight Convention Center Thalasso & Spa Manavgat, Turkey - Antalya Province