“Fantastic Holiday”

Ranked #28 of 331 Hotels in Manavgat
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Holiday”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

12 of my family stayed here we realy enjoyed our stay a bit pricey but you get what you pay for.
There was plenty to do during the day and night.The lifeguards/reps were excellent keeping everyone on their toes plent of fun and games.Food absolutely gorgeous no problems with any of us eating and drinking we thoroughly enjoyed our stay so much so we are going again next year already booked.

Room Tip: Worth going to especially with the kids/grandkids no problems at all.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank traveller2724

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (467)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 9, 2012

me my husband and our 3 year old son stayed here for a week in october 2012 and it was an excellent holiday. the food was very tastey and so much to choose from. you could eat from morning til 12 midnight if you wanted. the complex was very entertaining, all the staff would go out of their way to make you feel welcome and get you to join in with activities. my son loved the pools and slides, especially the kids park that was actually in the water. evening entertainment for the kids was great fun. the alcohol was decent aswell. NURI was very helpfull to us as was PETER from thompsons. we took a trip to side which was lovely. really nice restaurants along the beach. the markets where also fab if your in to that kind of thing. the best part was the fact the beach was practically a few steps away from the complex so not travel time to get there. the a la cart meal was good, very romantic on the beach. also a fav part of the holiday for me was the GOZLEME pancakes which was available from 11.30am - 4.30 am in the hut by the beach very yummy give them a try. rooms where nice a tidy with decent air conditioning. i would defo go back and highly recommend this place. lots and lots to do great value for money!

6 Thank Kaya30_12
Telford
Reviewed November 9, 2012

My husband me and our 15 year old daughter went here 19th October 12 and first impressions when arriving very early in the morning was a beautiful looking hotel. The rooms were basic but clean and ok. We asked for a room with a balcony but when on the balcony all you could see was trees right outside your window which was a waste of time. Next morning when we had to try and find out where the restaurant was for breakfast the hotel was so big we had no idea where to go. After a while we did find it and boy what a shock! It was like a cattle market. Free for all. No order what so ever. People walking with plates of food in their hands not knowing where to sit it was a shambles to say the least. Catered very much for Russians and Germans and boy did they let us know.....very rude people!! English we felt was a minority in the hotel. We had this to look forward to for all meals. The weather was lovely the first day but then from then on rain, hail, storms the lot. When the weather was bad there was nothing to do at the hotel and everything stopped. It was bizarre. We were not impressed. We went all inclusive but spent a fortune on taxis into different places so felt like we paid for the holiday twice. The alcoholic drinks at the hotel were horrible and didn't taste like the drinks they were suppose to be. Beer was weak and very gassy. Again not impressed. We won;t be going here again which is a shame as I said the hotel itself was impressive and this was our first holiday in 4 years so we were dissapointed to say the least.

9 Thank Elaine N
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 6, 2012

We have just returned from 11 nights of hell at thisl hotel which is a very good looking hotel with a beautiful beach but........ Before we travelled I wrote and asked reservations if we could have a quiet room on the top level. They replied and said that they had met our request. On arrival we were put into Block 2 which is full of mosquitos and based very close to the Amphittheatre and entertainment which is very loud so if you did want to get an early night there was no chance of sleeping!! My partner went to reception and asked to change rooms. He was offered another room in the same block but we could not get the room to open with the key card so after another long treck back to reception again we were given a suite in block 5 room 5049.This room was indeed much better than the rooms in block two and would have been quieter and a better option but we had a very noisy family with 3 children above us who were totally disresptfull of other peoples peace and relaxation. They were up every morning very early (6.00 am) thundering around like elephants continuously opening and slamming their balcony door. I had very little sleep for the 1st 9 days of my holiday. It was only when they went home on the Sunday that I eventually had 2 solid nights sleep so if the idiots in room 5149 are reading this review next time HAVE SOME RESPECT FOR OTHERS!!! In desperation for some peace we try out another room in the block 2 which was like prisoner of cell block H with children screaming and doors slamming all night but we ended up back in block 5 with the selfish Russians!!!

RESTAURANT - LIKE FEEDING TIME AT THE ZOO!!! - Food was ok if you like brussel sprout salad, chicken wings all the time, or chicken reheated from the day before and turned into some kind of casserole. I had fred eggs on toast every morning for breakfast with luncheon meat. They seemed to cater very wel for the germans and russians but not the English. There was filthy tables at meal times. If you was later than 7 pm you had to hunt for cutlery and clean your own table down before you could even begin to eat at it!!! The restaurant was also very hot inside because of the non existent AIR CONDITIONING and if you ate your meal outside you had to put up with people smoking everywhere. NURI - NURI is supposed to be the assistant FOOD AND BEVERAGE MANAGER and has many reviews on here as being very useful and a helpful person to know. In my experience NURI was as useful as a CHOCOLATE TEAPOT!!! He was not helpful atall!!!!! Everyday time I found myself hunting for clean teacups, saucers and teaspoons to make a cup of tea. I mentioned to NURI on one occassion that there was no cups or tea spoons and he just turned his back on me and continued his talking to his collegue. I have worked in the catering business and in my experience the Managers would get stuck in when short staffed and help out where needed but not this lazy man so thankyou NURI for not living up to our expectations. My partner is Turkish and because NURI knew that we were not happy with the service, on our last day he even had the audacity to ask him NOT to write anything on here which reflects badly on him.!!! I was not atall impressed and maybe that is how he has been given rave reviews in the past because he grovells around the guests on their last day????
We did suggest him on the last day that they have a designated smoking area for people outside but his answer was that they did have but because it was END OF SEASON they simply couldnt be bothered anymore to stick with it. !!! WELL DONE!!!!

AIR CONDITIONING - Before you travel to this hotel beware. The air conditioning is centrally controlled and they DID NOTswitch it on for our entire holiday. I spent the first few days of my holiday wasting time having my air conditioning checked out only to be told by one of the hard working workers that it was NOT switched on from the central control because it was their winter time and the turkish people who work here are cold so even though it was 26 degrees or more most days us tourists have to roast!!!! We paid for air conditioning in our holiday price and we expected to be able to control it as we would like. Another end of season RIP OFF. It is GREEDY MANAGEMENT taking our money and making a huge saving by not giving us what we have paid for.

SERVICE - VERY NON EXISTENT IN ALOT OF AREAS.- Most of the people who work in this hotel work very hard and probably for very little pay! Sadly their hard working efforts were very let down by the GREED of the management packing too many tourists in here and not laying on enough staff. We were advised that most of them had gone home becuase it was END OF SEASON!!!! There were 1,500 peole in this hotel when we arrived and at its capasity holds 3,500. I would dred to think what this place is like in PEAK SEASON. There was just one man on the beach bar, 1 man on the one and only pool bar that was actually open serving lines of guests. NO FOOD at the beach bar atall so you if you wanted anything to eat there was a long treck back to the restaurant!!!! Horscope bar was just one man serving and it was like a furness in there. So Hot!!!!! Every time we said anything to any of the staff about the lack of serive we were quoted their favourite saying of the holiday 2ITS END OF SEASON"!!!!! We paid alot of money for this holiday and I did not expect poor service for the money we paid. Most of the staff very rarely smiled. Expecially the ladies on reception who only seemed to speak Russian or German.

HANDE- The loveliest, sweetest most helpful young lady I have ever had the good fotune to meet. If like me you have already booked to go to this hotel next season and you need help sorting out any problems HANDE is the lady to help you. There was a first choice rep (PHIL) who was supposed to be on hand to help but his prescence was virtually non existent so HANDE seemed to do most of his work. HANDE saved me from going home after the 1st week!! She is a very concientious, hardworking young lady who is always on hand with a big smile to help you and sort and any problems which you WILL have. She speaks impeccable english which was very refreshing and sorted out many problems for us so I would like to say a massive THANKYOU to you HANDE. I feel that this lady is wasted working for SUNTOPIA and any large proprer 5* Hoteliers out there would do well to snap this lady up for next season as she would be a big assett to any large 5* organisation in their front of house MANAGEMENT TEAM.

All in all this is a lovely looking hotel, very clean, beautiful beach, but seriously let down by GREEDY MANAGEMENT packing in too many tourists without laying on enough of the hardworking staff who help to make it a lovely relaxing holiday and not providing AIR CONDITIONING out of GREED as promised in the brochure. I was glad to be home for fresh air so that I can feel comfortable. NEVER AGAIN!!!!

11 Thank 45michelle
Tampere, Finland
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Me, my mother and my 1-year old daughter just arrived from Pegasos World. I can highly recommend that hotel to everybody, it was just amazing! We bought this cheap "lucky 3 star all inclusive" -holiday from Nazar and were so happily surprised that we got so great hotel. Food was good, service excellent and that whole area was so beautiful. My mother enjoyed hamam at the hotel and really liked it. I was at the pool area with my daughter every day. This was our first but definetely not last trip to Turkey.

3 Thank Bianca77_12
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 31, 2012

my son(12) and i just returned back on 30th october after spending a week here we found everything great could not fault it in any way room,spot on food great pool outstanding beach on doorstep friendly staff even down to the cleaners, people that leave poor feedback get a life you just looking for faults with the place. all in all excellent place deserve 5 *****
thanks again for great week,, stuart & owen morgan room 2339

2 Thank stuart m
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Holiday was amazing entertainment team ******** Erdi & nail should get pay rise they where fantastic with our little girl so friendly we will be returning in April for sure

Hotel was beautiful a lot of thought has gone into the detail of the lobby

Food,
we are fussy eaters and we managed to eat each night so 4stars for the kitchen department !!!
The waiter Alis was great always there to get your drink for you and he could clean a table and change it in about 20 seconds
(Speedy Gonzales) haha

Over all we had a fantastic stay at Pegasos world :-)))))))

See you all next April