Viking Nona Hotel
Hotels.com
$390
$291
$215
Mirage Park Resort(Goynuk)(Great Value!)
$141
$131
$162
Akka Alinda Hotel(Kemer)(Great Value!)
$235
$228
Travelocity
$132
$81
$68
$53
All reviewsexcellent locationturkeygala nightlive musiclong hourspebble beachprevious yearsall inclusive hotelvikingseasunbedsentertainmentstone
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 7, 2013

My review of the Viking Nona Beach Hotel is a mixed bag, some good points but also some bad. May I first say that the staff are extremely friendly and efficient, the welcome was fantastic and throughout our stay we felt very well taken care of. The cleanliness is top notch and the room was always spotless when we returned from a day’s activities. The location is also brilliant – right on the beach and just a few minutes’ walk from Kemer town centre with its range of shops and restaurants.

The all inclusive option wasn’t everything I’d wished for unfortunately. Food offerings are extremely repetitive, meals are recycled in unimaginative and obvious ways and by the middle of our holiday we were completely bored and uninspired at mealtimes. It seems the meals lean towards the large numbers of German and Russian guests that frequent the hotel and very little for anyone else. Traditional Turkish food is only really served once a week on the ‘gala night’ which I’ll come to shortly, and that’s a shame on a holiday to Turkey. One good thing about the food was the cold salad bar which is served with every meal – very refreshing and healthy, a welcome antidote to the late nights and alcohol! Alcohol was limited to lager, awful tasting wine, vodka, gin and whiskey. Anything else, including bottled water, you had to pay extra for.

One of the main drawbacks to staying at the Viking Nona is the complete lack of any entertainment. Days revolve around mealtimes, trying to secure one of the 20 sun loungers around the tiny pool and drinking copious amounts of beer. By day two you find yourself bored of the hotel, not a good thing when you’re on holiday… My message to the hotel management is that they need some form of entertainment on a daily basis, not just the once weekly Tuesday night belly dancer / pub singer combo they currently have which is hotly branded as ‘gala night’. One plus point to this lack of fun is that there is also a complete lack of kids, not a bad thing in my eyes…

Lastly, the music is terrible. One short CD is played from dawn until dusk EVERY DAY! Because of this we opted for daily excursions to avoid the monotony and terrible music in the hotel.

If you’re over 60, Russian/German, enjoy doing absolutely nothing and going to bed early every night on your holiday then this hotel is for you. If not, I’d suggest paying a little more money and getting proper all inclusive. Sorry Nona…

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank james_chairman
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised by the stylish rooms and the fact we were right on the beach. My husband had won the trip in a golf tournament so we were happy to have an extra holiday.
The food was fresh and there was a wide selection to choose from. It was amazingly good value for money considering local drinks were also included. Two beaches to choose from - one right outside the hotel and a sandy beach a leisurely 10 minute stroll away.

We went on an excursion to the sunken city and Myra - I would recommend the trip if you are in anyway interested in historical architecture. The boat ride, catacombes and amphitheatre were stunning.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
11  Thank 157Anna157
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Hotel is in very great location, 10 minutes walking you are in centar...
Small pool but beach is great...especially in the early morning...
Food is very good, a lot of salads, fruits, main courses, barbecue, but the pastries are real deal, very delicious...
Rooms are new, clean...

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
15  Thank KLejla
Reviewed August 13, 2012

This hotel is pretty good. I mean it has a lot of advantages:
nice stuff, great location, great food (I love Turkish food), on the beach, big rooms.

But it also has some disadvantages:
Small swimming pool,
the tables are too near one of each other so you basically can hear what are other people talking about during the meal (and on the beach too).

I still would recommend it to anyone who goes to Kemer for a vacation despite the disadvantages!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Dzeny
Reviewed July 13, 2012

It was my fourth visit to Turkey. I have already stayed in Kemer, but in a different hotel. What particularly attracted me was a good price for all what you get. I must commend the staff was very friendly and attentive. We got a beautiful room overlooking the sea. Most important of all is certainly the fact that the rooms cleaned every day and that the maid changed towels every day. I must admit that the room is very small for a hotel with 4 stars. Restaurant and hotel generally very clean. The food is varied, but if you stay longer than 7 days, the dishes are starting to repeat. Basically, everyone will find something that suits. The beach is pebbly, clean, chairs and umbrellas under all inclusive. Hotel has no special animation team as well as most other hotels, just a belly dancer who comes once a week. Location of the hotel deserves 5 ​​stars. It is located only few meters from the beach, town center is also very close. Kemer is a beautiful, most beautiful city in Turkey, definitely. I recommend hotel and would gladly return.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family