“Wish I was still there!!”
Review of Club Med Palmiye

Club Med Palmiye
Ranked #3 of 283 Hotels in Kemer
London, United Kingdom
“Wish I was still there!!”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

This was our first experience of Club Med and we had an absolutely fantastic time! Still wishing we were there. We went with our children (15 and 9) and our daughters friend (also 15). They didn't join any of the clubs mainly because the majority of the children were French. But they didn't miss out. Our son met friends around the pools and we hardly saw him and the girls joined in alot of the fun and games around the villagio pool. The watersports were great and tennis and lots of other activities for all.

Considering the hotel was full, it never felt horrendous. You could always get a sunbed (we were mainly around the hotel pool) and there were lots of available beds on the beach. We stayed in the front of the Hotel which worked well. I think its probably the quietest side. The only downside is that the showers are very weak.

The shows were brilliant - very professional. The GO's made the holiday though. They always had a smile (considering they get little sleep) and made you feel welcome. Our special thanks to Antoine (Circus) - he is a lovely man with a lovely heart, full of life and always smiling. Alban (Manager of Passworld) - again a lovely person with lots of energy, very helpful and great fun. Laurent (water skiing) - he met us at the airport and instantly made us feel welcome with a good personality and great at teaching waterskiing. Kevin and Faustine (Tennis) - both great personalities and good fun. They were all in the shows and at the clubs afterwards - I don't know how they do it. We miss them all.

The chefs and waiters were also very friendly and helpful especially Sergad and Haman. The barmen around the Hotel pool bar were great too. Food was wonderful and they do different themes each night. White night is very special - the organisation is excellent.

We quite liked the fact that it was mainly French - but everyone speaks English. Wondering when we can return!

We would definitely recommend this resort as its good for fun and relaxation.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front of the Hotel are quieter.
1 Thank Sarah R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Beirut, Lebanon
Reviewed September 5, 2013

This is was my first time to club med with my family. The all inclusive formula is great. the pools are always clean, the beach is so good. There were almost 1600 people but u don't feel it as the club so big. The a la carte restaurant is a must try at least once. We mostly spent our time at the piscine zen, its relaxing. You never get bored. There are many sports, activities and events to do and attend. Parasailing is for extra cost but worth doing. As a introductory idea to club med, it is nice to start with Palmiye.

Room Tip: Bungalows are located in a big garden, but the hotel rooms are more modern.
London
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Spent last weeks of August 2013 there with a toddler and the experience was flawless. It is a beautiful place, the rooms in the hotel are great (I have not seen the ones from the villagio so I am commenting only on the hotel room) and very very clean. The mountains behind are beautiful, it is very green (I expected only rocks) and the gardens are filled with palm trees, olives trees and all kinds of flowers. The beach is great as well. Even though it not a sandy beach but little rocks, it is great. The food is as usual very good like in most club meds but I have never seen kitchens which are so clean. The waiters are extremely kind and very effective.
All in all, I have spent very good time there and I would recommend it as one of the best club meds I have visited.

Evergem, Belgium
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We've been to club med a few times before. It was our first time here. The club med formula is obviously nice and always very well organized. You feel at ease and comfortable from the minute you arrive. The domain is incredible, very nice gardens filled with insects who are quite noisy but it's all part of the experience here. The photographers who want to take your picture when you're on your way to the restaurant in the evening get a little bit annoying after 5days...

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Stroud, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Over the years I have been to many Club Meds (but none since I started writing reviews on Trip Advisor). This is the largest Club by far that I have ever been too (1,700 guests when full), but you never get the sense of there being that many people.

There are five swimming pools, a huge beach (pebbly, not sandy sadly), two main restaurants, lots of general seating areas and bars as well. The only warning is that if you are not happy walking long distances, you may want to consider if this is the correct CM to visit.

We were staying in the Hotel section of the Club and the rooms were a decent size and very comfortable. However, the chances are you will only use your room for showering and sleeping; there is too much else going on to want to spend any time in your room!

The children loved all the activities and Mini Club means you can drop them of at 9am and pick them up at 5.30pm (then they can go back again for a couple of hours in the evening if you/they want). Naturally, French is the first language, but most of the GOs speak excellent or very good English, so it is not a problem.

The food, bars and entertainment are all excellent, as are all the activities. We would happily return.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

We went to club med Palmiye in july with a 5 year old. This is my 10th club med in my lifetime and my 3rd in the last year. All the positives expected from club med are typically on offer: very good buffet food, great location, friendly and dynamic GOs, very helpful local staff, plenty of sport activities, loads of different options for swimming pools, beachbeds, bars, etc. Hence I wont dwell too much as other reviews have said that. All in all, I am very positive this club, and would recommend it.
However, I would warn on the following negatives: the rooms in the bungalows are far too small for a 4 tridents. They have almost no window and feel quickly very cramped. Many other customers told us that the rooms at the hotel are much better and hence I would recommend that you book the hotel not the bungalows.
Tennis lessons: I wanted to get several private lessons, however the GOs were not very helpful, and were more interested in organising tournaments and not really playing.
Towels on loungers: yes, that old holiday cringe of having to wake up early to put towels on sun loungers is thriving at this club med. This is totally allowed by the club med management and I found it unacceptable for a 4 tridents again.
Outside this, I did scuba diving, which is completely useless in the region given the lack of things to see in the water (like anywhere outside marine reserves in the Mediterranean sea anyway). I only did it to pass a diploma and the staff, which was non-club med, was friendly and well qualified. The jet ski promenade is very good, and I would highly recommend it.
Yes, there are loads of french and french-speaking customers (belgian, swiss, etc), but what else do you expect in club med ? Its as silly as people complaining that too many british customers were present in Mark Warner holidays....

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Darklangel
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Overall a great week.
Initial impressions were rather less encouraging as the mix of loud music and over enthusiastic GO's seemed less than conducive to R&R. However discovery of the adult only "Zen pool and gardens" made a huge difference. Thoroughly enjoyed the water skiing and trampolining, thinks I hadn't done for years.
Food was buffet style but very good, particularly the fresh fish from the BBQ. Our daughter had a great time, albeit keeping rather different hours.
In short a very versatile holiday for the family.