“Early season break”

Ranked #46 of 283 Hotels in Kemer
Hornchurch Essex
“Early season break”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

This is a lovely clean hotel with spacious rooms and public areas, we visited Fantasia as an early break at the beginning of April (1st - 11th) at the very start of the 'All Inclusive' season.
While we really enjoyed our holiday, anybody considering a similar break should be aware that much of the All Inclusive aspect is restricted until the season is under way eg No Tea and Coffee facilities in rooms, A'La Carte Restaurants and night club are not open and the animation entertainment team only operate a limited entertainment program. People with young children should also be aware that the pool slides are not open early season.
Rooms are serviced daily and the mini bar topped up, bathrobes and slippers are complimentary along with plenty of shampoos, conditioners and shower gels, there is no shortage of wardrobe and drawers and a free safe is available.
Restaurant is buffet style service, but is well catered with the food plentiful fresh and of good quality and regularly topped up (amazing selection of deserts). The waiters work extremely hard and clear plates as soon as you have finished each course. For a change try the Pizza at lunch, all cooked fresh. The terrace bar was the only bar open during our stay but the bar staff were very friendly and it wasn't a problem getting served despite being busy.
We made good friends with the animation team, unfortunately due to it being early season there was a limited entertainment program and we did not see any shows.
There is a good sized outdoor pool which was very clean, adjacent to this was a childrens pool with 3 flumes. In the hotel itself there is also an indoor pool with sauna and Turkish bath.
On the down side, we wasn't very impressed with the beach which consisted of a very fine shingle and has a number of large rocks. We were also disappointed that there was nowhere to get an ice cream within the hotel (this may change as the season moves on).
We would definitely consider returning to this hotel but not so early in the season.
Tips
Use the local buses they are a lot cheaper than Taxis. (3TL to get into Kemer)
Phone cards are a good way to call back home, a 4TL card will give you about 20mins to a UK landline. Buy these in the local shop in town as the shop in the hotel charges a big commision.
The hotel charges for WiFi, but you can use the computer for free in the business center.
Tourist market is in Kemer on a Tuesday.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank bassaHX

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 16, 2013

My wife and I just shared a fantastic time at the Fantasia hotel.

I cannot believe the value for money, and the quality of the rooms. As you enter the hotel, which is one hour from Antalya, your breath is taken by the Majestic foyer. The rooms are a great size; ours had a balcony facing the garden square. The restaurant buffet is pretty good, fresh vegetables and fruits, about 12 hot choices every meal, endless deserts and an all-inclusive bar that blows your mind. The pools both inside and out were a great size, clean and the outdoor pool sits next to a private hotel beach and the sea.

The only negative I could give is the cost of the massages in the hotel, George the Manager charges far too much and goes for you on the first day, before you realise just how much cheaper it is everywhere else.

The excursions are all brilliant; the ancient ruins surrounding the area are brilliant, I had such a great time. Avoid the taxis outside the hotel and take the bus into town for 3 lyra as appose to around 20 in the taxi.

Avoid the hotel shop, walk outside the hotel, the closest shop is the best value and stocks loads of treats.

You get more for your money with Euro, weirdly enough they prefer it to their own money!

Hope you have a great time.

Room Tip: Avoid the taxis outside the hotel and take the bus into town for 3 lyra as appose to around 20 in th...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AlexTCarson
chessington
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Just returned from a week at the fantasia.hotel is beautiful,very clean and the staff were hard working and friendly.I traveled with my husband,daughter and two of her friends.Please be warned turkish men will come on to 14year old girls(this was a massive shock to my husband and myself) and because of this we asked to all be in the same room as i was worried about the girls.The hotel were really kind and gave us a two bedroom suite so we all stayed together.Food was good maybe slightly limited but yhe season really was not yet started and also the drinks again limited and cocktails abit hit and miss.George who sold the spa services was very helpful and happy and we all had massages for about £15 each.He explained that in the summer the hotel was filled with 90% russian guests so it was nice to practice some english with us.We took a boat trip that was sold around the pool and for ten euros had a fun two hour trip with a chance for the girls to jump from the boat into the sea which they loved.For a very reasonable quick week of sun the hotel was lovely and the weather great,as i said before the only problem was the girls unwanted attention which meant they had to stay with an adult even to go to the toilet but this was other guests and nothing to do with the hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Great place - it looks fantastic, hotel is absolutely beautiful, rooms are good and the scenery is ideal! The only let down was spotty glasses at the bar, staff who spoke very little of English and the restaurants which served cold food, they were waste of time. If you go there, stick with buffet - its always a winner.
We went there at the end of March and the weather was alright, temperature was about 30 degrees above 0.
Entertainment was spot on - every night a different event. Rooms were nice, but we were given twin room, so when I asked for a double bed, they said that hotel was full (which I don't believe), so we had to spend rest of the holiday on separate beds :(
Overall - we loved the place, it's a perfect place if you want to spend a holiday by the pool or sea with hardly no kids around - nice and quite. Would definitely go there again.
P.s. avoid taking a walk in a nearby town - salesmen are too aggressive. And be careful in the hotel's spa center - know exactly what you going for, otherwise they will sell you anything ;-)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Krakow, Poland
Reviewed March 17, 2013

My wife and I stayed in Fantasia in March 2013, We still have good memories about it. :)
Among hotel verity on booking.com we stopped our choice on Fantasia for it price, reviews and location. We stayed there 7 nights, all inclusive.

For our vacation we were looking for some clean and grean place where we could chill out and relax. We were not disappointed from the beggining and to the check out.

Hotel is located in 1-1,5 hour driving from the Antalia Airport.
We've got a standard room with french bed.
Room on the 3rd floor had sea side view. It didn't have a balcony, but huge window with two opening sides was ok. Room was big, clean, tidy and quiet. Cleaning was done every day.
It had free minibar (1 can of coke,2 bottles of soda,2 bottles of water and 1 pack of juice).

Hotel presented huge variety of food for breakfast, dinner and evening dinner -
fresh and stewed vegetables and greens, different kind of meat and fish (fried, grilled), pizza, deserts and fruits, many drinks and beverages etc...
Unfortunately, we didn't try their a la carte - it was closed on the low season.

To conclude,
For the low season when other nearest hotels were closed Fantasia looked busy and didn't look empty. That 7 days passed in a flash. We even didn't get bored.
If someone asks me to recommend this hotel I would do it definitely!
Good hotel with high quality and service!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Vladimir K
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I booked a last minute deal for a week last Oct It was my first time to Turkey. The hotel was very grand, spacious, staff were very friendly and helpful. The weather was bad but this did not spoil our stay 5/7 days rain. Our room was huge it lead onto the back gardens very private. I would go back again, my partner an I really enjoyed, if you prefer a hotel with mainly Brits its not for you as there were only a handfu,l lots of different nationalitys. Typical all inc food rather busy in the main buffet however the chinese place was excellent look out for waiter Borak very helpful great chap...

Room Tip: garden view
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Leanne J
Wisbech, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Having booked this hotel on-line at what I thought was a ridiculously cheap price for 7 nights all inclusive, I was not expecting much. Since I have a bit of experience of turkey I always know to knock a few stars off the hotel rating. Most hotels seem to get stars for their facilities rather than their service. For me this hotel lived up to its five stars, finding little to fault with good service, facilities and fellow guests.

As previous reviewers have mentioned plenty of public space around the hotel, with great indoor and outdoor swimming pools (closed while I was there for the winter season). The beach is mainly sand and pebbles and had suffered from a little winter storm damage. The hotel proudly boasts the beach has been awarded a blue flag. The gardens are well worth a stroll around with many statues and art work around them. Not quite sure what relevance two giraffe statues are to this part of turkey, but hey they were a pleasure to look at. The sauna was far too hot for me and the Turkish bath to cool.

I had an economy room, but this was far better than many premium rooms I have stayed in. A large double bed, writing desk, TV, comfy chair, plus another two chairs and small table. Mini bar (topped up with water and soft drinks daily), plenty of wardrobe space, free safety deposit box and a really nice bathroom with deep bath and shower head. Plenty of little toiletries from shampoo to bath foam are also supplied together with bathrobes and slippers. There was a small balcony, but with a hotel like this who wants to sit on the balcony!

Being the middle of winter, you expect many facilities to be closed. The dinning choices were therefore limited to the main buffet and the pizza/snack restaurant. The food choices were limited but wholesome and tasty. If you could not find something to eat that you liked then you must be from another planet. For me it was refreshing not to be presented with chips every day, something many hotels opt for on their buffet selection.

The main focus of entertainment at night was in the bar. For me this was like one big front room. I felt at home and fellow guests from all nationalities mixed well. Even though I travelled alone, I never felt alone, always having someone to talk to. There was a good selection of drinks and I found the staff helpful. A strong tip is to try to get to know them, don’t shout your order and always talk with a smile. You will soon reap the benefits every time you visit the bar.

Camyuva is a small town just past Kemer which I understand is very lively in the summer and popular with Russians. In the winter months it is dead. The Fantasia is the only large hotel open in the locality. The nearest shopping centre is Kemer and a dolmus passes the front of the hotel every 15 minutes to Kemer the same bus continues onto Antalya, so it is relatively easy to get to the big city.

I would go back again without any hesitation, although will think carefully visit at the height of the summer season. I am told that 80% of the guests are Russian and a member of staff did tell me that they drink a lot and are rather loud.

Room Tip: If you want a balcony make sure you request one at the time of making your reservation. Remember eco...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo