“Not bad but could be better”

Fantasia Hotel De Luxe
Ranked #46 of 288 Hotels in Kemer
Reviewed September 6, 2011

I stayed early may and the holiday started great but paid extra for a suite and got a family room not what we wanted.
Paying a extra £200 pounds for a separate living area and pool view got put at other end of hotel with two bedrooms and nothing to sit on at all no chair and table on balcony and nothing In the room we complained to the Thomas cook rep 3 times and nothing was done at all so felt very neglected as we had paid extra and basically been given less the bars I found great and main buffet the Italian al a carte restaurant was also a down side waiting 50 minuites for our main course and not even asked if that was ok or notified apart from that it was great so yes do believe the bad comments as things do happen and not always sorted we had to place a complaint when back home to receive money back but did get it so I would recommend staying and I will return but would not pay extra for it needs improvement to be classed as a 4 plus hotel best bar staff by far Omar and yousef :-)

• Stayed: May 2011

Reviewed August 28, 2011

This hotel is really good, surrounded by pine trees and palms and is very close to the beach - no long walks in the burning sun. The staff are all very friendly (thanks to Cesur, Erhan, Onur, Omer, Burak, Soner, Nicholas and the others - I hope your managers understand your through value and contribution). The rooms are spacy and comfortable with minibar filled daily with bear and beverage. Food are very good and to eat a'lacart is nice with full waiter service. Entertainmant with professionell groups every night are not bad too.

As many already pointed out, airconditioning in the lobby and restaurants are a litte bit poor, but except this, this hotel has a high standard and therefore it deserves a second visit - definetely.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank Arda_09
Reviewed August 2, 2011

My wife and I stayed at this hotel at the end of July and we have nothing but good words to say about time spent. I must say that both of us have pretty high standards when choosing the destination. By high standards I do not mean that we are picky about every little thing that we don’t like (e.g. it is not the disadvantage if there is gravel beach and you want sand beach - if I like walking on rose petals, I won't be pissed off at the hotel for not providing me with such beach).
Rooms are nice and comfortable and what was most important they were clean with enough space. Minibar is refilled daily. The beverages that are in the minibar are free to consume. If you want minibar refilled off the regular refilling schedule you will have to pay for it. Bathroom was also nice and it was cleaned daily.
Food at the buffet restaurant was excellent. There were plenty of choices for everyone and I don't see how anyone would stay hungry at this hotel. They were serving soups, cooked and fried meals, salads, cakes and fruits. They also had the diet food section. For dinner they had bbq outside. Staff was helpful and at service. Even though some of them did not speak English very well, we were not refused any service. If you missed lunch or just simply couldn’t eat AGAIN, you can always visit the pizza restaurant or you can have one or two burgers with fries at the beach. If you like the fruit, they served freshly cut and peeled fruit by the poolside in the afternoon hours.
All staff was helpful including the animation team who really worked hard on bringing more fun for everyone. However, they were not bugging anyone nor they were too loud or intrusive.
The beach was really nice. The sun beds were available for everybody. You are free to move your sun bed wherever you like depending if you prefer to fry on the sun or stay in the shade. Also it was nice to swim. Water was clean and warm. I prefer sea to be a bit colder so I can cool down but you can always have beer or two at the beach bar. Every night the staff will clean the beach, empty the garbage, and return the sun beds to their original position so when you come the next day you can enjoy the hell out of your day.
For those who like to chill in or by the pool, there is a nice pool right outside the hotel.
There are also plenty of activities you can enjoy if you don't like spending your whole day at the beach (fitness, sauna, Turkish bath, massages, beach volleyball, football, tennis, water sports, etc.)
The only thing that I personally did not like is the bad internet connection. There is a Wi-Fi signal in the hotel lobby and in one of the bars but the connection was really slow or it could not be established at all. Personally that bugged me at the beginning but later on I was grateful because it kept me from work and everyday activities I do at home (like reading horrible and depressing news, emails, facebook, etc.).
I really had fun at this vacation and I would recommend it to anyone. I felt good, rested, and stress-free after we got back. Even though I would like to go back I'm not sure if we would simply because we do not practice going to the same spot every year. There are still plenty of nice places on Earth waiting to be seen.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
12  Thank MrG071
Reviewed July 20, 2011

Me, my husband and our fifteen-month-old daughter spent 12 fantastic days in this hotel in the first part of July. This place has everything we needed for a great stay, even more, there were so many things that we didn't manage to try out as we were staying there with a baby. The sea is warm and clean, the beach is beautiful, but we had to get up early in order to reserve sunbeds because it was a common practice there, everybody was doing it. Places by the pool were esp. popular and it was difficult to get a sunbed there after 9am, but we came there for the beach and we preferred the beach anyway, so never mind, but it is an irritating practice and it happens everywhere. The pool is large and clean, really beautiful. The slides have odd working hours, 10-12am and 14-16pm, which is a pity, especially that the lifeguards there didn't work their job properly and didn't warn people when to move away from below the slides etc. The food in the hotel was absolutely fantastic, so tasty, fresh and always hot, the choice of fruit really great, salads, sweets, everything... Even our baby loved the food. I put on some weight there definitely. Our room was spacious, but without a balcony, we didn't mind that, it was even easier for me (because of the baby). We had two toilets in the room. You get a bathrobe and slippers, and you can even choose a pillow you want. There are more than enough towels and they change them every day, there is a mini bar, a hairdrier, an electric kettle for coffee and tea... To be honest, I also found it to be a problem to communicate with the staff, they don't understand even some basic things, eg. they don't understand when you ask them for a plastic bag at the reception desk. But we managed to get ourselves understood somehow and it didn't affect our stay at Fantasia de luxe. There were lots of different nationalities, we didn't have any problems with anyone, mostly decent and nice people, and btw I'm from Serbia. What I especially liked was the friendly and relaxed atmosphere in and around the hotel. The hotel has a gorgeous park, rally amazing. We would definitely go back there and we were very sad when it was time to go back home.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank Dajadeja
Reviewed July 10, 2011

We stayed here at the start of June for two weeks and were very impressed with the hotel.
Having visited this part of Turkey several times over the past couple of years staying at Delphin Palace,Barut Lara resort and Crystal Sunrise Queen,we would have put the Fantasia a close run second to Sunrise Queen. There were one or two problems however that I think should share.
The waiting and bar staff seemed to be new to their roles as the time taken (even in the excellent A La Carte restaurants),to return with drinks orders spoiled at least one meal a day,this however was a minor irritation compared to the incident that very nearly spoiled our whole holiday.
My 2 year old Grandson,while playing in his room with his pushchair,unfortunately banged the full length wardrobe mirror which smashed leaving deadly sharp edges which had my Grandson fallen against rather than the pushchair,I dread to think what the outcome would have been.
Accidents happen,but if this had happened in the uk the glass would have been safety glass,and wouldn't have left the deadly edges.
I accept responsibility for the accident and paid for the replacement mirror,however when I tried to point out how dangerous having mirrors in hotel rooms which are not made of safety glass the duty manager suddenly couldn't speak English and developed an attitude.
Hopefully if by writing this,even one horrible accident is averted I will feel justified.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank happybhoy
Reviewed July 10, 2011

This hotel really has the wow factor, from first reception to regretably leaving it was great.
The staff are all very friendly and can't do enough for you. Lots of different nationalities but
all got on well ( approx 20% brits ) and always had people to have a laugh with. The rooms are realy comfortable with the towels changed every day, you even have a pillow menu! Only problem was the air con wasn't brilliant. The rooms have a good size balcony with 2 chairs and a table. We found the food choice very good and to eat a'lacart is nice with full waiter service. when we go again we would book a sea view room as the view is beautiful. If you choose to
sit outside the main restaurant there are smoking and non smoking areas with the
lovely view ( dont forget to check the food cooked outside aswell ). The hotels entertainment caters for all ages, a mini disco for the kid's, jet skies, banana boat and beach party with foam machine for the young at heart. Those that just want to watch
there is belly dancing and fire eating + more. We loved the holiday and will be back.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank dannynchristy5199
Reviewed July 7, 2011

We have just returned from a ten days holiday at The Fantasia, and I would certainly recomend it without hesitation to anybody, especially families with kids. It is really nice, not megalomanic. Really relaxed atmosphere and everything very close, a minute from the private pebble beach with enough sun beds at all times. Pools clean and surrounded with wooden sun beds with cushions. Great territory, full of trees and exotic plants, fantastic backyard in shades, a small paradise for children.
The cuisine was really tasty and various, and the staff was always ok to bend the rules about taking food out of the restaurant for kids. Everybody friendly and polite.
Rooms clean and spacious, minibar restocked daily. We were somehow upgraded to a sea view free of charge.
Entertainment team just fantastic, eager to cheer you up, but always polite and never too pushy. Kids just loved the mini club and the mini disco.
All of the staff very hardworking, helpful and polite.
The only minus was a language barrier. If you don’t speak Turkish or Russian, it’s really hard to communicate even with people at the front office desk or guest relations. They all are trying their English out, but very limited. Apart from this, we really didn’t have any complaints.
All in all, very nice holiday and very nice hotel. Certainly good value for money we paid, and we will come back.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family