“Had a great holiday but the hotel is defently not good”

Ozkaymak Marina Hotel
Ranked #43 of 284 Hotels in Kemer
Tehran, Tehran, Iran
“Had a great holiday but the hotel is defently not good”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

I'm just back from Kemer! I know it may be a little long but I want to talk about everything.
First the best point of the hotel was the animation team which were just great with their competitions and dances and the night programs. Just the DJ was a lil too angry with everyone not standing the people who would ask him for especial songs but his songs were quite great and I was dancing like the whole time. The competitions were some pool plays, waterpolo, dart and also some plays outside the pools. One night the show was about miss hotel. Some really funny and interesting competitions between the girls from each nation. (I was the girl from Iran)
There were 3 pools which were quite big. In the middle of one of them was a really beautiful fountain which was quite fun to lie under it. There were also 6 slides which were fun but just not that much fun.

The food was good, I won't say perfect but quite good and for each meal you could choose between the variety of foods and salads from the open bufet.

The really down point was the room service. The coridors were always so hot. There was no trash cans in the room, just one in the bathroom. No tissues in the rooms, just the ones in the bathroom. By the days passing there were no shampoos or soaps to bath with, but they would bring it for you if you told them. (not a real 5 start hotel's attitude)

We were staying in a family suit and it was quite funny that the price was just like two double rooms but there was only a single bathroom and the tv in one of the rooms was a 15 inch one.

The receiption girls were just rude. Anything you would ask them would be against the rules of the hotel. We were 4 people and they had given us only 2 keys and one of them had to stay in the room the whole time so the room would be kind of cool. ( not really )

The animation team would ask you to pay 15 dollars each for every night disco, but the entrance for discos was free and you could use that 15 dollar to drink something there if you went by yourself. The discos are just like about 5 to 10 minutes from the hotel. I wouldn't really advice any families to go to the discos, cause the environment wasn't suitable for families.

The hotel was full of Russians, I can say 80 percent were Russians and they don't know any English. All the programs were mostly in Turkish and Russian not much English, just if you asked for it. As I know Turkish I had no problem there.

The bartenders were mostly so friendly and easygoing.

The hotel has no private beach and the photos you see from the beach is a public one which is 10 minutes from the hotel!!!

I defently won't go back but I had a really great time there...

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
12 Thank Ziba Z

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 9, 2012

I just came back from Kemer, I have been there for a week (Ozkaymak Marina Hotel), which is definetely not a luxury 5 * hotel, (maybe 3 1/2 * - 4 *) but I would give them anyway a 5 * award because of the good location (very close to the beach), friendly staff (always ready to help and to satisfy your request), great animation (4 young guys very active and with many nice ideas to entertain the people).
The food was ok, nothing sofisticated, but normal dishes with a lot of vegetabls, salads or meet. Is absolutely untrue that there were just few hot dishes, they were even preparing grilled meat, if someone coplained about food it means that thay knows just about fish & chips.
In the are there are a lot of russian tourists and in this hotel too but I have to say that they are much more polite compared to many british which when travelling abroad they completely forget the good manners (if they ever had some). I did not have any kind of problem with them and actually they were nice and funny, quite peaople with friend or families having a short break and that's it.
Before chosing this hotel I read the reviews, and most of them were totally untrue, I had a very good time at a very good price and I would strongly reccomend it.
The only complain I have is about the turkish shop traders, they are quite annoiyng because of their way to catch the customers
Mybiggest complain is about the persons that use this service TRIPADVISOR telling things that are not true, this could cause big problem to the business and to the staff so please try to use this service in a right way, not just for blaming, but trying to give information and suggestions.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
29 Thank fiore_20
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed February 2, 2012

nice place near the beach and the park.3 sweemingpools.non stop animation.but in turkey you can eat much more better food.also the service was not perfect.

Room Tip: be carrefour when you choose room if you have little children or you want to go sleap early.it will...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
6 Thank desislava t
uk
Reviewed August 29, 2011

DON'T GO!! 99% Russian who are rude! rude! rude! This rudeness has made the sta ff jaded it seems. Staff were grumpy and barely cracked a smile. Only moaned in Turkish about the rudeness by the Russians. ALSO NO AIRCON!

Animation team are russian and only speak Russian. Ditto kids 'club' evening enterainent yup- in Russian.

Sadly this hotel is shabby and in need of a lot of TLC. In the three years since we last went the hotel has gone down alot! Its a three star hotel, the five stars the hotel has given itself it seems. Mould all over bathroom and a grim looking loo brush. Aircon turned off it was boiling 34c staff and guest were melting. Its always off according to bar staff. Staff rude and either hate their job or hate English and fellow Turks

Not good for familes, very unhelpful would not heat milk up. Had to moan and moan to get it done. Would not provide food for him outside the restaurant hours. Couldn't buy baby food as nowhere to heat it as no microwave in the hotel. Was told we could use a gas ring in the end.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
8 Thank Ruby234
Stavanger, Norway
Reviewed June 29, 2011

I`ve been to this hotel several times, sometimes with friends and sometimes with family, and we all loved it. Its clean, it has a very nice staff, both waiters and entertainers. The rooms are in a comfortable size with a fridge filled daily with waterbottles, and the bathroom is nice and has everything you need. Nice sized balcony`s with mostly good views, but I recommend you ask for a view against the pool or the sea,(wich is basically the same way).

The food is varied and there`s lot of fresh fruits and vegetables available at all times. There is also always food available at all hours for every age, and its good! The pools are beautiful, and the best thing about them is that you can choose to be in the "active" pool, where there are noise and activitys and fun all the time, or you can go to the other one where there is really quiet and comfortable.

They have a great turkish bath and spa, where the price is quite ok and the treatment is so nice that I would recommend everyone to try it. There is no word to describe the feeling of laying down, drinking a cup of wonderful apple tea with your facemask on, thinking about that you`ve just been scrubbed from head to toe, and that the next thing that awaits you is a wonderful full body massage with wonderful smelling oils and calming music.

If you go there in season, they have great entertainment. Yoga/pilates in the morning around breakfast., watersports and other activities around one of the pools during the day, and at night they start of with a childrens disco and after they have bellydancing, fireshooting or contests and so on...

Kemer as a town is nice with its marina, and beautiful landscape. The hotel is a 5 minutes walk to everything you need. You have shopping and restaurants mostly gathered in one long street, wich is good. So you always know where to go for all kind of shopping, and where to go to avoid it. In many of turkeys citys they can be very pushy, but in this one they are a bit calmer, which is one of the reasons why I like it so much.

The only thing that drags the rating a bit down on this hotel is that it has a lot of russians that can be annoying, but mostly if you play nice - they play nice. And yes, the rooms are a bit aged as described in many reviews, but not in a way you would notice as uncomfortable. And like it is in most hotels in warm countrys, you should try to get you room from the 3rd or 4th floor up because bugs have a tendency to appear lower down.

But all in all, this is a very good hotel and a nice little town, and I would go there yet again, and so would everyone I have brought with me!

Room Tip: Sea/pool view. 4th floor up. Family room xtra good
  • Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
7 Thank Viccy86
West Midlands
Reviewed April 20, 2009

My friend and I booked this holiday via a travel agent and I'm afraid they didn't really give us too good an idea of what to expect. As stated in previous reviews the hotel is very clean but slightly dated. The air conditioning was not too good and if it had been any warmer this would have been a problem. The food in the hotel was buffet style but designed to cater for the main visitors i.e. Russians and Germans, we didn't really get a taste of what real Turkish food was like. Lived on salad for a week! The selection of food was limited and very monotonous. The waiting staff were very helpful and worked hard. As we had no holiday representative available to us it was a matter of having to just get on with it ourselves. We booked trips but they were cancelled because of a lack of visitors. In the shops all good were priced in euros rather than turkish lire and you were pressurised quite a lot by the salesmen. Water slides in the swimming pool were not open and the only entertainment was a disco catering for younger people. The rooms were Ok but the beds very hard! We wouldn't go back there again.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank GILLYWestMidlands
Stoke-on-Trent
Reviewed April 6, 2009

My husband and I met both working in the hotel industry and I still work in the industry so our views of customer service are very critical and we expect good value for money. As you would be, after reading all the harsh reviews on here, I was not sure what to expect when I booked this holiday. The main things my husband and I were looking for is a quiet out of season resort, with good weather, a good standard and a place that represented great value for money.

We spent a week in the beautiful small town of Kemer in Turkey. The transfer we took was ran by Resort Hoppa which were very good and met us on arrival. We were one of 3 couples using this service on our flight and yes we did have to go to another hotel first and drop off another couple which made our hour journey slightly longer but there is nothing like having a little patience! The ride was clean and comfortable which was the main thing.

The hotel is very clean, the Turkish obviously pride themselves on cleanliness and there are beautiful stone floors inside and outside this hotel. Like the other reviews said, the entrance is beautiful and very grand. The decor in terms of seating and the restaurant is slightly dated but this is no eye-sore and did not distract from the great ambience and more then sufficient seating area available.

We did have an upgraded room with a seaview which I would highly recommend. The room was spacious and the view of the mountains and the sea from our 4th floor bedroom was breathtaking. We would sit every night on the balcony looking at all of the lights and palm trees overlooking the marina, appreciating the beauty of Turkey. We also had a brilliant view of the main swimming pool so we could check how busy it got and put our towels out to "book" our sunloungers early! The bathroom was a good standard too. You have a mini fridge in the room and you are provided with a large bottle of water daily. We also did have toiletries provided in the room.

The Restaurant was immaculate, the floors are all so clean! The food was all buffet style as you would expect with lots of mouths to feed! Salad and fruit are fresh and plentiful. You have a couple of hot dishes available, but it is mainly salads. Soup is available for both lunch and dinner and there are always fresh bread and breadrolls to look forward to at every meal. I would suggest trying out the soups, they are yummy even though they do have funny names! The desserts are very different but we tried everything and found our favourite which was a chocolate cake and cream covered sponge. The juice in Turkey is also different but you will soon learn that it is very refreshing and you will get used to it! The same goes for the tea, I would take my own because the tea is served without milk and is very bitter.The alcohol is fine, beer tastes great in our opnion! One more thing about the food, dont expect English food when you are in Turkey, it is very different but a part of the whole experience!

The staff were amazing! They are all so friendly and helpful. They were quick to engage in conversation and all didnt speak a great deal of English but they tried! Going to such a remote part of a country like Turkey you can't expect everyone to speak fluent English. If this is important to you I suggest you go to major English Tourist areas. If you make an effort to smile, and take an interest in the staff they will make your entire stay enjoyable!

Yes its true that most guests at this hotel are German or Russian but they generally keep to themselves anyway and should really be no bother to you. If you smile at them and greet them they are quite polite and friendly back to you. Infact it was the few British people that were staying there that were the least friendly!

Turkey has not give in to the smoking ban so if you are a non smoker like we are, then just try to stick to the non smoking areas because most people smoked and the smell did stick to you, but I would think this would be the case in most places in Turkey and not just this hotel.

Kemer is really small and we did not really spend much time away from the hotel as we had everything we needed there. The bars and restaurants in the town do look quite nice. If you look at a map of Turkey, Kemer is a town right at the tip of an inlet off the South Coast of Turkey, so there arent any waves to speak of! The beach is also only partially sandy and not the main attraction although sufficient for a day away from the hotel.

Remember this is a 5* Resort in Turkey and will not have the same 5* Hotel standards we have in Britain. I am certain that this hotel has been judged on its facilities and not solely decor and a-la-carte food! Also, dont forget what price you are paying for your stay especially when you are on all-inclusive! We loved this hotel and would definitely go back, I can't believe what a bargain it was. Our advice would be to not look for fault in everything and enjoy your well deserved break in this fantastic resort!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple