Alkoclar Exclusive Kemer
  • Pool
$364
TripAdvisor
1,144 results
All reviewsamara winga la carte restaurantsmain restaurantgarden roomturkeysea viewmelonturkish restaurantsea watersea foodother countriesmanagement teamopen buffetice creampool sidesoupsperfect hotel
Reviewed July 25, 2011

Good service and very friendly workers in general.
I stayed in the third week of July. I hired a web site (destinia.com) which pro got a good price for a double room all inclusive.
I was assigned a 'economy' room; located in a three-storey block attached to the main building, overlooking a garden with a pool. The room is spacious, but not great, with a proper decoration, not luxurious, roomy and clean. The air conditioning was a split with the machine set on the terrace outside. The whole system was very noisy and produce heat inside the Terrace which made it very uncomfortable to sit on it. I requested a room change. I moved to another on the same floor with the machine in the hallway near the door. That only partially improved the situation.

The private beach is with pebbles, not sand. The pools are large, clean and well maintained. There is a fun water park slides. But I was struck by the lack of showers at the pools. The
food and the restaurants are very varied with a style and quality acceptable, but not exquisite.
Overall I did not find particularly attractive in the Kemer area to visit. the hotel is ok but not 5 * in the European standard. Not even reach the level 5 * Hotels in Dominican Republic or Riviera Maya, for example. Most customers are Russian, and the atmosphere is very familiar.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
5  Thank enricote
Reviewed July 13, 2011

beautiful hotel with an excellent animation team who make you feel at home. 5 nice restaurants and a lot of choice in the all in formula.

Very friendly personnel and there were always available seats near the pools and beach.

I enjoyed the lovely present on my birthday.

1  Thank tomaskim
Reviewed July 9, 2011

We have just returned from a two week holiday at the Amara Wing and it ticked every holiday box we require. All areas were wonderfully clean, nothing was too much trouble for staff who were helpful and friendly whilst polite. We ate at all restaurants and all were excellent and the choices at the main restaurant were superb, including amazing selection of fruit and salads (it is possible to make very healthy choices). We mostly drank branded alcohol and also trialled a good selection of the long list of cocktails - the iced coffee also lovely as is the draught beer in the beer garden. It is possible to eat at any time individuals choose in a wide range of environments. Only five per-cent of hotel guests were British and virtually no British children. The majority of guests were from Russia, Ukrain and Turkey and there were a good number of children with those guests. As our children are grown up we usually choose 'adult only' hotels so that we do not have to worry about spilling hot food over children running about the dining areas, and to some degree this was a problem. Also, there was a child from Russia who had brought his scooter and amazingly was scooting at speed around the dining room on several evenings and I was amaged this did not appear to be prevented by the restaurant manager. However, the children's entertainment was usually completed by 9.15 when the 'show' started (very high quality) and afterwards music in either Woody's bar, in the beach bar area or in the lovely hotel lounge area (very smart and comfortable). For those with the energy the Zen disco continues until around 3am but thankfully the rooms are so well soundproofed that we were never disturbed by noise from either inside or outside.
NOTE: The beds are firm but I soon adjusted (we have soft memory foam at home). The initial pillows were very firm but if guests take the time to read the literature in their room the hotel have a menu of five pillow choices and if guests prefer a different type of pillow recention will bring one.
CATS: Whilst we were there there were two adult female cats, one male cat and two kittens and all appeared fit and healthy. As an animal lover I was more than happy to see these lovely cats (they were particularly handsome) around intermitently and at no time did I consider them to be a health risk - they added to our pleasure and I would be mortified if the hotel 'got rid of them' as a previous trip advsor contributor suggested.

We never return to a hotel as the globe is large and still many places to see, but we would certainly return to the Amara Wing and I do not understand how they manage to provide such a super holiday for the money we paid.

Room Tip: We had a very nice room with a pool and seas view - lovely to sit on the balcony at nice and view with lighted spectacle.
26  Thank elburroIpswich
Reviewed June 30, 2011

I’ve never been keen to go to Turkey, but my husband talked me into it and I am so glad he did. We selected the Amara Wing after reading the reviews on Tripadvisor. The Amara Wing was, apart from a few niggles, one of the best hotels we have ever stayed in.
On arrival you are greeted with a glass of bubbly, check in was easy and quick and we were shown to our room. My husband did go back down after 5 minutes though to retrieve our luggage as we like to get unpacked and change before having a look round at the hotel.
The room was huge with; 2 sofa’s, coffee table, desk & chair, tea & coffee making facilities and a mini bar, which had cans of soft drinks, lager and bottles of water and a king size bed, (as reported in another review, the bed was very uncomfortable, we like a firm bed but this was rock hard, and the pillows were very firm too, neither of us slept well). There was plenty of space for clothes & shoes but the wardrobe wasn’t high enough to hang a long dress without it touching the floor. There was also a safe in the wardrobe, which we were very impressed that it was free, and easy to use. We had a sea view, as promised by Thomson and also over looked the pool area and to the left could see the mountain range. The bathroom was big with dressing gowns and towels and the usual toiletries. My only criticism here is the hair dryer was in the bathroom, something I always moan about as I always find the bathroom is too humid after showering and trying to cool down and dry my hair is a nightmare!
The food at all meals was very impressive. Breakfast was the strangest meal for us to see, they had the normal, cereal, fruit, yoghurts and eggs but they also had out soup, salad, and cooked food like deep fried cauliflower, peas & sweetcorn, potato wedges, stewed lamb to name but a few! Lunch could be taken in the main dining room and again there was so much choice from salads to pizza and cooked meats. There was also a bar called Woody’s that did pizza, burger, pasta dishes and the tented Turkish bar that made the most amazing fresh pizza and flat bread with cheese or meat on. The evening meal in the main dining room was again very good with plenty to select from. We couldn’t get over the amount of fresh fruit they put out, including cherries. There is a 2 week entertainment programme that they have linked the evening menu to, for example had an Asian theme evening and the entertainment was Mongolian Acrobats and contortionists, very impressive.
A Matrie’D at the door of the dining room would be good to see as they could then hopefully stop those going in for the evening meal wearing the incorrect attire, we made an effort every night as we felt befitted a 5 star hotel, others were wearing what they had been wearing all day by the pool, including men in vest tops!
There are 6 other themed restaurants that can be used, as long as you book 2 days in advance and get to the guest relations desk at 9am when it opens. There is also a Sushi restaurant which you have to pay for. We managed to get into the Italian and the grill. The food and service in the Italian was good and in the grill was good but we left during the main course when the wild cats that live near the outdoor huts decided to come and walk round my feet. I was as always disgusted to see guests feeding the cats and only one member of the staff trying to discourage them, during one afternoon in the beer garden, which is next to the grill area we saw one member of staff pet a kitten being held by a child and then continue to serve drinks. We went straight to the reception desk after walking out of the grill but didn’t feel the staff were that bothered as they didn’t take my name or write anything down about our complaint regarding the cats. The other thing we found off putting was although there is no smoking in any areas inside the hotel the outdoor eating places were a free for all and I’d like to see an area set aside for non smokers who wish to eat outside but don’t like the smell of smoke wafting towards you when eating.
The Charm bar staff were the friendliest in the hotel and you could get drinks like Bacardi, Baileys, Gordon’s Gin all as part of the All Inclusive deal, something you don’t get in Spain. The evening entertainment was a pleasant surprise and a lot better than we’ve seen in many other places.
The pool area we used was relaxing and there was plenty of shade if needed and spotlessly clean. The beach area was wonderful but if you want a sun lounger on the pier you need to get out there very early. There was another pool with the aqua park where the games were held but we didn’t use this, good idea to keep them separate though. The beach towels were free and could be exchanged for clean ones every day, or whenever you wanted a clean one.
On the whole we had a very relaxing week and would recommend this hotel. It would be nicer if they got rid of the cats and had some outdoor areas set aside for non smokers.
We’d only been back 2 days when I received a call from the guest relations from the hotel to talk about the feedback we’d left and she promised they would look into the cat situation.

4  Thank Audrey-Frank
Reviewed June 28, 2011

It was so amazing trip! I can't believe that somewhere could be beter hotel! Fabulous animators (I would suggest only to draw attention to childrens animation team because it is not attractive to children aged 8-11)! Perfect food and friendly feeders! Attractive omission of active time (profesional yoga teacher, well organized volleyball and other activities). You will never be chagrined, believe me:)

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family