“What a fantastic hotel!”
Review of Akka Alinda Hotel

Akka Alinda Hotel
Ranked #17 of 283 Hotels in Kemer
Fethiye, Turkey
“What a fantastic hotel!”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Four of us have just spent three great days at the Akka Alinda Hotel, Kemer, Antalya. We were there celebrating a friends birthday and what a success it was. The hotel was lovely, with brilliant facilities, great food, drinks flowing very free and staff who could not do enough for us, and at a price that was hard to believe given it was all-inclusive. We are now thinking of returning for Christmas , it was that good. The hotel dealt mainly with Russian and German tourists but the staff all spoke English and it was a pleasure to mix with other nationalities. All in all, 10 out of 10 in all categories!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Ankara, Turkey
Reviewed February 27, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel 3 times with my friends. Rooms are clean and nice, sea is wonderful. Most of the staff are good people esp. for Russian people. Almost all of the entertainment was in Russian. The food are not so good but you can always find something to eat. There are some negatives too. For example there is only one table tennis in this huge hotel, there are not any backgammon to play. Finally, it is very well for the price.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Hakan S
Ankara, Turkey
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I was stay in this hotel last week. Hotel was good. F&B was okay at the dinner and snack times they offer various dishes but breakfast was poor. Animation team was bad but their ordered shows were good. They tried to make guests happy. But hotel needs real renovation not with just LCD TV. Before you will make reservation you need actual info from some where.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
chicago
Reviewed October 7, 2013

My mom and i stayed at Akka in August for 5 days, from our arrival to departure the entire staff was very welcoming. The food was delicious, it is available almost 24 hours at the restaurant and many cute bars around the pool. The wait staff " Veysi, Islam and Metin, all others at the bar, restaurant and front office Ali & reception supervisor" ALL of them are very helpful and accomodating.

Yes there are a lot of Russians, we arrived from the US, the staff spoke English, German, Russian. The food is delicious. We recommend it highly to all...

The beach has rocks but the pools are a great option.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the water is closer to get to and from the pool and restaurant.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Serena0205
Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

Arrived at this hotel at 8 o'clock and waited to get a free room until 14 olock, which is normal procedure in cases when hotels are fully booked but what is not normal procedure was that at meantime more than 20 persons got their rooms even though the came in later on. They did speak Russian and I didn't. I ended with an average room with a view of hotels big air conditioning and noisy systems.
I tried to play billiard with one of my friends and I was charged 5 euro from receptionist for a game at the day when I leaved the hotel, it was like he found the stealer on me whose trying to get away without paying the bills, that is how this ultra inclusive hotel makes you feel like. You also have to pay 5 euro per person if you want to reserve at the A la Carte restorant which in most of the same category hotels are free to use. Cocktails at the bar also have additional prices and if you somehow forget one of the towels at beach they will happily charge you with 10 euro.
I paid for four a happy family ultra all inclusive hotel and I got 3 star hotel experience.

• Stayed September 2013
9 Thank kennypap
US
Reviewed September 12, 2013

If you’re from North America:
Surprise #1: North Americans have rarely set foot on the premises, and any English speaking guests are uncommon, so don’t get angry if you have a hard time making yourself understood. Talk graciously to the staff, who expect you to be Russian or German, and they will almost always be friendly and helpful.
Surprise #2: There is no such thing as a woman’s bathing suit here other than a bikini, regardless of your age or shape. Get used to it. Ditto for most of the men in their speedos, again regardless of age or shape.
Surprise #3: There is no such thing as a sandy beach. Think “Pebble Beach” and you won’t be disappointed.
Surprise #4: The water is warmer in the sea than in the swimming pool (at least in September), but it is a nice big pool.
Surprise #5: All inclusive also means almost all day and night – there are only a few hours out of 24 when the main restaurant is closed, and there are lots of different places around the hotel to find something to eat or drink.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Sandemaman
Tbilisi, Georgia
Reviewed August 24, 2013

To start with, I would like to say that I've been to Turkish seaside at least 8 or 10 times, so I know what to compare with. Have been to hotels much better than this one, indeed to worse as well. The first thing is that Turkish riviera prices are continuously going beyond every possible limits. For the price you pay for Turkish all inclusive hotel, 10 days stay, you can go to better places in Spain, Portugal, Italy and even South America. Think about it.

Now about the hotel. No, its not a 5 star hotel indeed. I have been to real 5 star hotels in Turkey, so I know what I am talking about.

First of all, this is not a hotel for Europeans. ALMOST nobody speaks English there. I speak fluent Russian, but I am not going to speak Russian to Turks. I will speak Russian to Russians, but lingua franca when abroad is ENGLISH. Once again, if you are European with English as either a mother tongue or a first international language, don't go there. There were two really great guys at the reception who spoke nice English and were always extremely nice. And that was ALL with English. Guest Relation people - nobody speaks English. In the restaurants - forget about it. Nothing to say about animation team, who pretend they (some of them) know couple of words in English, but I would strongly recommend them to refrain from using it, as they look extremely ridiculous while doing so. Russian oriented hotel with 90% of Russian tourists. So if you prefer nice quality, English speaking staff and European service, go to either Belek or Lara - there are much less Russians there and you can enjoy hearing English and other European languages around. Yes, one more thing. Managers do not speak English either. My husband and I spent some good 15 or 20 minutes, explaining the Manager of the main restaurant a problem with one of the waiters (who was unacceptably rude to me) - the guy did not understand a single word, although was "listening" to us rather carefully.

If you still want to go to this hotel, let me expand on some key issues...

The hotel itself is not bad. The territory is small, but cute, clean and green. If you are planning your vacation with kids, I would still recommend to think of something with bigger territory - this one is really small. But, once again, extremely clean and nice looking.

Rooms - we were placed in a family room, duplex, which was big and had a really nice view, mountains from one side and deep blue sea from another one. Rooms are OK, good 4 stars, but nothing close to 5. Carpets old, bathroom dreaming of refurbishment.. There were air conditioners on both floors, but forget about sleeping calm, if both are on at night. You will 1) freeze and 2) get deaf. They are loud and although had 3 different speeds, the one on the first floor of our room worked identically on either of it - 1st, 2nd or 3rd. So we were turning off the lower one, thus, having problems with normal sleep as the upper one was useless (cooling itself maybe, but not us) + so loud, my daughter woke up one night, asking me whether there was a strong wind outside..

Housekeeping - the lady cleaning our room was so nice that I don't feel comfortable criticizing her and her work, but still... Yes, towels are changes every single day, bed linen once in couple or 3 days, don't remember exactly, and rooms vacuum cleaned every day. Nevertheless, the cleaning was rather shallow. Once I was on a balcony while the lady was cleaning - she did not vacuum cleaned the second floor of the room. I realized it was a normal practice and that they - probably - clean the second floor only when guests are changing, which is once a week, once in a couple of weeks etc. That was shocking. But there was no bloody sense to talk about this to the lady, as we spoke nothing but Turkish, no single word in any other languages. Yes and endless dust on the bed tables...

Restaurant and food - once again, forget about explaining to waiters anything in ENGLISH. They will never understand you. I asked for water couple of times, they brought me vodka. Probably, they are used to mothers of two kids drinking vodka at midday (remember, there are 90% of Russians there?!), but sorry, I don't drink vodka at all and when I ask for water I want to be served the water. Overall impression on service in the main restaurant - acceptable, but nothing more. Food - again, I've been to Turkish seaside so many times, I now what to compare with. Average 3 to 4 stars for the food. People write here about wide choice of fruits and vegetables. I am from the Southern country and I know extremely well the taste of good fruits and vegetables. Out of our 14 days there I could eat good peaches, apples or plums maybe couple of times. Watermelon - always good. Other fruits? Sorry, I do not eat rotten apples or stone-hard plums which can break my teeth. Plenty of different salads, but problem with good meat. Beef - you will really miss it. Chicken - all the time, so by the end of your stay there you start to cackle. Fish - good on a fish day, otherwise rather poor choice. Breakfast - nothing interesting, lunch - lots of vegetables and almost no meat, dinner - well, there would be couple of different chicken/turkey dishes, maybe (!!!) beef once a week and couple of times you might enjoy the fish.

Interesting thing about breakfast: there is a 'normal' breakfast from 7 to 10 am and then so called late breakfast from 10 to 11 am. I went to late breakfast with my daughter once. I clearly remember it was 10:30 sharp, when I tried to take from the tray couple of croissants for her. Employee of the kitchen - you could know by their uniform - took the tray from me right IN FRONT of my nose and when I asked why he was doing so, as it was still breakfast time, the guy sent me to bloody hell in his mother tongue - it was crystal clear from his intonation - and took the tray from me anyway. When I turned to another kitchen employee and showed her my watch, using the body language to explain its still breakfast time (remember, they don't speak any languages there in the restaurant??), the young lady supported her colleague by sending me to bloody hell once again. While I turned to search for some other food for my daughter, I realized they were taking away EVERYTHING - croissants, eggs, porridge, bakery... Everything.. That was their late breakfast from 10 to 11 am. You still want to go there? Then wake up at 7 am (which indeed is normal when you're on vacation), then you will have a good choice of food for breakfast.

Yes, one more thing about the restaurant. One of the waiters - Mehmet, in case you still go to that hotel - insulted me the way I have never been insulted in my life. First he whistled to me, asking this way to take up my plate, so he is able to put a table cloth on the table (!?!?!?!), but that appeared not to be enough for him, so he threw a dirty piece of paper (which was on my table), on the plate in my hands which was still WITH lots of food on it.

I complained to the guest relations lady - of course, Russian. She was nice and apologized. But that was all she did. She just apologized. She did not talk to ANYONE on this issue. No more bloody actions taken. When - next day - I realized, she did nothing and was going to continue doing nothing, I talked to the manager of the restaurant (remember the guy who listened to me for 15 minutes not understanding a word in English? so that was him). He apologized as well (the next day, when we were asked to repeat everything in Russian so they could translate to him into Turkish (!?!?!?!) ). After that another manager, probably the deputy of the mentioned above, really tried to be very attentive to us, apologized again and was trying to be extremely nice. Don't know his name or would have mentioned it for sure.

To sum up - food quality and variety is far from the 5 stars and especially from the price we paid for the hotel. Service at the restaurant - you can re-read what's been written above.

Pools and sea - there is one pool only. Not big, but actually enough for the hotel. Really clean. One totally annoying thing - every single day there are water polo games in the pool, so you have to grab your kids and move to another part of the pool (already overcrowded as the another big half is occupied by healthy and not really, active Russians playing water polo), otherwise, there is a huge chance you or your kids are hit by the ball. As soon as this ends (more than an hour), you have to again grab your kids and now move back to the first part of the pool, as in another one they start "crazy pool games" (citation of the animation team leader, a guy with NO basic knowledge of any languages whatsoever), so again, even more active and healthy Russians are 'having fun' while you just want to play calmly with your kids...in the water... YES, and in the middle of all this horror, there is a water aerobic somewhere between the two parts of the pool where lots of really fat women are trying to lose their weights...all in vain by the way...

Sea is clean and warm, the beach rather stony though, so if you still think of going there, take a special shoes with you otherwise you'll have problems getting both into or out of the sea. Beach is very small.

If anyone cares about animation (I do not, but there are lots of people who do), it is terrible. I have never seen anything more pitiful . Girls from the kids club are really nice and taking good care of kids, as to the others - totally useless. You should see their 'home made' fun shows in the evenings - you would cry your heart out so pitiful they were. Head of the animation - guy with zero sense of humor and zero (even beyond) knowledge of anything but Turkish. But please, don't tell this to him, he thinks he's fluent in Russian, English and German simultaneously.

To sum up: average 4 star hotel, nothing close to 5. Service - average, food - even closer to average, territory - good, rooms - not bad, pool - only one and overcrowded, sea - perfect, but stony beach, animation - terrible, knowledge of English or any other international languages - close to zero (except for reception staff, couple of them). 90% of Russians, very few Europeans. Very expensive for the service offered. Go to Portugal, people.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family