“Spring holiday in Kemer”

SENTIDO Palmet Resort
Ranked #71 of 280 Hotels in Kemer
Finland
“Spring holiday in Kemer”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

Chose Kemer and Palmet Resort as wanted to get somewhere sunny relatively fast. Also did not wish to use cash but have All Inclusive instead. The location very near to the sea and the Taurus mountains seemed and was nice.
The hotel is tastefully decorated and kept clean throughout the area. The sauna for us Finns was a nice bonus. Steam sauna however was out of use. Beach area with the pool bar and sun bathing decks was great. Beach is pebbled but the sea turquoise and crystal clear.
The buffets are worth mentioning: so much to choose from. Food was tasty and beautifully set to table. Especially in the morning a heaven for a starving soul.
The only con are the personnel. Some of them clearly had an attitude problem and no clue of customer service. Language skills often non existing. Didn't pay too much attention as had learned about that from previous TA writers.
All in all for the price paid a good choice for chilling out for a couple of days. Can recommend for that especially during off season period when it's not too crowded. Wouldn't perhaps go again due to the status of customer service.

• Stayed April 2014
5 Thank fivelanguages

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Tehran, Iran
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

we received there 21st of March 2014, and he hotel was under construction. I do not know why they accept guests while they were not ready. There was only 1 bar active, only till 11 o'clock pm, and if you ask the bar tender to prepare cocktail they do not have menu and only 1 kind of cocktail they know to prepare. food was terrible, only 2 or 3 kind. The elevator was broken after 12 pm and we had to go up and down 5 floors with stairs. I never recommend this place to any one. after 2 days of stay, we left the hotel and changed it because we could not stand.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Najmeh S

Travelers are raving about these Kemer hotels

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

This hotel is excellent, I wouldn't go so far as to say perfect but for the fairly cheap price I was pleasantly surprised!

The food isn't great but the variety is big enough for everyone to find something. It also isn't particularly Turkish which I was a little disappointed with, and there was very little meat. Always on offer was spaghetti bolognese which I found weird.

The pool is large and clean as is the beach with plenty of sun loungers, you may want to invest in some sea shoes as the beach is pebbly, but you can just walk up the deck and dive into the water and up the stairs back out.

The staff speak English, the guests are mainly Russian.

Room cleaned every day and free mini bar replenished.

You have to pay extra for the safe so we just put valuables into a lockable suitcase.

All in all a pleasant stay and if I was returning to Kemer I may just consider staying here again (mostly due to the price).

• Stayed September 2013
5 Thank N450
Republic of Macedonia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

We stayed here in July 2009. The room was big and clean, only the air conditioning wasn't working properly. The pool was clean and big, but the beach wasn't sandy, it has small stones and can't walk bare foot and when you came in the water it is only one meter place for kids for swim because is deep.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Pepp P
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

We stayed in this hotel during September 2012. The hotel in terms of choice and quality of food and beverage, facilities and cleanliness is really good and I would recommend it.

The problem that we experienced is something that really is astonishing. We have been to most parts of the world and have stayed in both 2 star and 5 star hotels. I personally work in a hotel and I am quite aware as to what is the job like and how guests/clients have to be treated.

On the second or third day (I cannot quite recall) after a nice day on the beach/swimming pool, we came back to our room and to our surprise our bag of toiletries was missing. We looked through the entire room and could not find it. My wife remembers leaving it in the bathroom in the morning, however it was not there in the afternoon.
The problem is not that the toiletries were missing, but in the bag itself there were prescription pills for me and my wife. I spoke at Reception with the staff who informed that most probably the housekeeping lady had thrown out the bag. Like I said, it is not about the toiletries, but the medicine inside. I spoke to the Manager on Duty who promised he would research the situation and to provide him with a list of the medicine that was in the bag so that the hotel can purchase it for us.
I knew that it would be extremely difficult for the hotel to buy the medicine without a prescription, but was astonished me was that when I later looked for the Manager on Duty (and the following days) he was nowhere to be found. Reception had not recollection of the case and did not know anything about it. We never heard back from the management of the hotel. There was not even an apology for the incident.
The good thing is that it was not a matter of life and death if I or my wife did not take the pills each day, however what if it was?
I am extremely dissappointed by the management of the hotel and it is a shame as the other parts of the vacation were good. Honestly, because of this incident I, my family or any of my friends will never ever go back to this hotel again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
11 Thank MARTCAN
Kristiansand, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

This hotell is fantastic. Nice rooms, great food to be an all-inclusive hotel. Pool area and the beach was wonderfull. The hotel is very very clean and tidy. The staff have a "What can i do for you" atitude and are very very friendly. The guests are mainly comming from Eastern Europe, Germany, Turkey, and some scandinavians. Alot of activities during the day (Bringing the guests together) Nice theater on this hotel with funny entertainment every evening. The staff spoke english and german - noe problems with communication at all. We had a room with mountain view the first three days, some noise from traffic in these rooms. We went to the reseption to ask if there were any posibilities to change to a pool area / ocean view room. NO PROBLEM/NO Costs! One hour later we had a quiet room with a fantastic view. Great breakfast, lunch and dinner buffets. Nice snacks in the poolbar. We can strongly recommend this hotel!!!! In this hotell which is an all-inclusive hotell, remember to give som tips for the excellent service during your lazy days. You will not regret! We will come back to Palmet Resort and will thank the fabolous staff for all their kindness during our 14 days on the PR.

Room Tip: Get a room with ocean view. Give som tips!