This was my 3rd trip with Exclusive Escapes along with my girlfriend and I have to say that they have again delivered. Although its a fairly long drive (2.5hrs from Dalaman) its worth the journey.
The hotel is located on a peninsula a 10 minute drive outside of Kas. The benefit of this is that the hotel is in a peaceful spot, on the side of a hill with lovely views over the sea. The downside is you have to rely on a mini bus to get out if you fancy a change of scene.
I would recommend hiring a car for the full week as I think its a real shame not to get out and explore what this region has to offer.
I went in May when the hotel was not full and the prices were on special. Given what we paid I would say this really was a bargain for what we got.
We had room 102 which is at the very top of the hotel. Yes, its a steep climb up from breakfast (120 odd steps!) and about double that from the sea. This room would not be appropriate for anyone physically impaired. However, thinking positively it helped to burn the calories from all the great meals! ;) You could also park on the road above the room, which was useful to have.
The room was clean and well kept, with a balcony with clear views of the sea. The bathroom (shower) was adequate if a little small, with a slight design fault that meant that the shower leaked onto the floor a bit. (This really was a minor quibble).
The food at the hotel is very good. A decent breakfast in the main restaurant, a good lunch menu in the seaside 'hut' and excellent meals in the evening. Its not cheap. Expect more or less UK prices, but it is very good.
The staff were superb. Really relaxed and friendly service, good fun with a couple of jokers but always doing there utmost to ensure everything is to your liking.
Some people may be disappointed about there being no beach. I however, liked the rocky outcrops and the landscaped 'platforms'. The water, while initially bracing in May, was crystal clear, excellent for snorkling around. In fact, I never used the pool once, the sea was so nice.
Best thing about the hotel? My girlfriend and I pretty much liked everything, including a perverse enjoyment of slogging up the stairs.
I would definitely recommend a car though to give you some flexibility and make the most of your own excursions!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This contemporary waterfront hotel has sweeping coastal views and awe-inspiring sunsets which reflect off the water. It has an intricate design of natural stone buildings with paths leading from the reception area through a series of pretty terraces - past several pools, garden terraces and impressive palm trees - to either the Waterfront Suites above or to the extensive private waterfront below. At a glance, the cool combination of natural stone with red roof tiles creates the impression of a mediaeval-style village - but Deniz Feneri is rather more up to the minute than that. Thanks to the considerable efforts of owners, Gillian and Ozan, the contemporary boutique hotel offers one of the finest places to relax and unwind in coastal Turkey. With a quality of service to match. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz and Priceline so you can book your Deniz Feneri Lighthouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Deniz Feneri Lighthouse Kas
- Deniz Feneri Lighthouse Hotel Kas