This was our first experience with Exclusive Escapes and it wasn't a good one. Travel documents didn't arrive in the post. Travel booking details were wrong 3 times. So a bad start and didn't instill confidence before we even began our holiday.
The transfer is 2 hrs, (nearly 3hrs on the way back if you have a pick-up at Kalkan). Faultless and very comfortable transport.
The hotel is as described. Pool is unheated yet the setting by the sea is very good and mostly clean and very well presented. The turkish staff are all excellent and genuine. Sure there are lots of steps but if you want the views you obviously have to be on a hill so this is perfectly reasonable.
The Gulet cruise was average and could very easily be improved. Despite being a lovely, good sized boat and a flat calm day the boat simply went around the bay! Why?? After 10 minutes from leaving Kas harbour it dropped anchor and did the same 3 times. It is a lovely coastline so why stay within 20 minutes off the harbour! Crazy. There were only 2 masks and goggles on board. The lunch is good and relaxing but was not helped by an Exclusive Escapes sales rep talking about other places in their portfolio. Both ourselves and the other guests felt it was embarrassing. We were on holiday, not a sales pitch.
Breakfast is very repetitive after a few days. We ate at the hotel twice but found it was very similar food both evenings despite different themes. Quite expensive and nothing to write home about. Kas has hundreds of good restaurants so I'd recommend going there most nights. (Don't ask the hotel staff for recommendations, they aren't allowed to give any!)
Our biggest aggrievance is in regards to the room. We originally tried to book the Kalkan Regency but were told by the Exclusive Escapes Sales Representative on the phone that it was not a good room yet instead assured there was a very good room at the Deniz Feneri Lighthouse. We always stipulate on a FULL SEAVIEW and a BALCONY wherever we go on holiday before we book anywhere. We were PROMISED this was the case. On arrival this was not the case whatsoever. There is no balcony and the 'terrace' is adjacent to the main walkway, not exactly private! As for the 'FULL seaview' it is mostly of the buildings opposite! A more accurate description from there sales staff would be a 'Partial seaview' once you go round the side of the room.
The room is also cramped and badly designed considering the price you are paying. Tepid water temperature in the shower. (You also have to pay £10 for the water for the week! Sorry but water in a hotel room is a basic right not something you pay extra for. In conversation most guests complain about this, not the actual monetary amount but the niggling annoyance that it should simply be included).
We complained to Steve (the rep) to move us into a room like WE WERE SOLD ON THE PHONE and he said they were all occupied. When a room became available on the Saturday we were told we would have to pay a £50 admin fee! Shocking and instantly reflects badly on the company.
I have contacted them prior to writing this review and they simply say that we 'should have checked their website pictures after the sales team sold us the holiday'. They refuse to even slightly acknowledge we were clearly oversold by one of their Sales Team. No doubt they may try and respond to this review but I'm sure people will see through this as a company run by management that evidently don't put their customers FIRST.
You could argue we were unlucky to get that Sales representative but they are only a small team and I don't believe anyone should be 'unlucky' when you are paying thousands of pounds for a holiday!
I have no confidence in Exclusive Escapes and will not use them again.
Over sold and under delivered. Be aware.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This contemporary waterfront hotel has sweeping coastal views and awe-inspiring sunsets which reflect off the water. It has an intricate design of natural stone buildings with paths leading from the reception area through a series of pretty terraces - past several pools, garden terraces and impressive palm trees - to either the Waterfront Suites above or to the extensive private waterfront below. At a glance, the cool combination of natural stone with red roof tiles creates the impression of a mediaeval-style village - but Deniz Feneri is rather more up to the minute than that. Thanks to the considerable efforts of owners, Gillian and Ozan, the contemporary boutique hotel offers one of the finest places to relax and unwind in coastal Turkey. With a quality of service to match. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Deniz Feneri Lighthouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Deniz Feneri Lighthouse Kas
- Deniz Feneri Lighthouse Hotel Kas