This was our second year running at Deniz Feneri Lighthouse and despite some reservations about going back so soon, we were not disappointed.
Firstly, the travel company Exclusive Escapes are beyond compare!
When we arrived at the check-in desk at Heathrow Airport we were greeted by their representative, which was a lovely touch. We were checked in and through security in record time, to board the Exclusive Escapes own BMI flight. As usual, upon arrival at Dalaman Airport in Turkey you straight away see the Exclusive Escapes staff, all on hand to quickly and efficiently direct you to the relevant bus for transfer.
I cannot overstate what a great start to a holiday this in, Exclusive Escapes make everything so easy, you relaxed from the moment you arrive at the airport. Also the local rep is on hand every morning to ensure everything is going well and is happy to deal with any issues that you might have. He is approachable, friendly and you feel like nothing is too much trouble.
The resort itself was actually better then we remembered, over the winter they had made several improvements, including a new sunset bar which was fabulous. As we found before, all the staff were very friendly and efficient, the rooms cleaned daily to a very high standard and the service in the restaurants excellent.
The beach are is fantastic, lots of space to move around, you do not feel like everybody is on top of each other.
This is a fantastic destination if you want to relax by the pool or beach. There are of course many options available for those more sporty types and the complimentary cruise is a wonderful day out.
The only downside for me is the food in the restaurant, there is not a lot of choice for those wanting just a snack and the price is excessive for Turkey, comparable to the UK. We however went into the local town, Kas, almost every night, using the free shuttle service from the hotel. There you will find countless restaurants all very reasonably priced. My advice, split you time eating in the hotel and in Kas. Certainly try on of the meals the hotel provides in the beach side restaurant, very romantic.
To summarize, a fantastic location with a great travel company, you should go!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This contemporary waterfront hotel has sweeping coastal views and awe-inspiring sunsets which reflect off the water. It has an intricate design of natural stone buildings with paths leading from the reception area through a series of pretty terraces - past several pools, garden terraces and impressive palm trees - to either the Waterfront Suites above or to the extensive private waterfront below. At a glance, the cool combination of natural stone with red roof tiles creates the impression of a mediaeval-style village - but Deniz Feneri is rather more up to the minute than that. Thanks to the considerable efforts of owners, Gillian and Ozan, the contemporary boutique hotel offers one of the finest places to relax and unwind in coastal Turkey. With a quality of service to match. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Deniz Feneri Lighthouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Deniz Feneri Lighthouse Kas
- Deniz Feneri Lighthouse Hotel Kas