“Loved it!”

Hotel Club Barbarossa
Ranked #20 of 49 Hotels in Kas
Reviewed May 31, 2010

Just returned from a fabulous holiday in Kas..Great hotel, uber friendly staff and lovely breakfasts overlooking the wonderful rugged coastline..
Kas town is a real unspoilt jem with a slightly bohemian feel, everyone there made us so welcome.
The hotel was excellent value, very clean and professionally run. We had a standard room with a lovely view of the well kept gardens and the sea. The room was larger than expected, simply yet tastefully decorated.Our bathroom was dinky, but very clean and the water pressure was good.
We hired a car and spent our first night in Dalyan, which we felt was the best option as Kas is around 2.5 hours from Dalaman airport...the roads aren't as scary as some people would have you belive, but theyre not great either.
The road hugs the coastline, the views are spectacular and the mounainous land luscious and green.
There is so much to do in this area, we are already planning a return trip..
We visited Ugagiz and hired a boat for a private tour of the sunken city of Kekova, stopping off to swim in the crystal clear water. We also visited Kalkan and Olu Deniz, both great beaches, but slightly overtaken by the tourist masses...
The guys at the hotel arranged for us to paraglide from the hills above Kas (3000ft) an unforgettable experience..it also helped us find the amphitheatre which we'd been looking for all week...(duh!).

The food on this holiday was simply wonderful, from the breakfasts at the hotel (homemade bread, cheese, yoghurt, honey, eggs, tomatoes, fruit) to the endless laidback mezze in the cafes and restaurants in Kas. The (red) wine was also excellent.
The best thing about this holiday though was definately the warmth of the people we met, both at the hotel and out and about.
Total perfection!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sophsays

Reviewed May 24, 2010

I really can not find the right words to describe how pleasant our experience has been at this local gem. We were a group of 15 ( 8 adults and 7 kids) and were in Kas to walk the Lycian way. It was a great trip and the best part of the whole trip was the time we spent at this hotel.
They really made us feel at home. The staff was amazingly helpful, resourceful and friendly. Whatever we asked them, they provided and always with a smile.
I have to add as a group we travel all around the world and stay at world class hotels as well as local finds. I can quite easily say the service at this hotel is second to none.

I highly recommend this beautiful place.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank cagan327
Reviewed April 30, 2010

We stayed a week in Barbarossa during last Easter. Barbarossa made such an impact on us, we just wanted to thank all these wonderful people who made it happen. We strongly recommend the sea food, specially served with great salads. Take the time to gaze to the starts (a great experience, never to be missed)/ The view is idyllic and the sea is so inviting. Barbarossa is run professionally but with a great deal of attention is shown to individual guests. The manager made us feel very special. We can not wait to be back. We are already missing our morning walks around the peninsula and also Kas.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sue_russell_ny
Reviewed April 21, 2010

I am a Turkish American living in the States. When the time came to take my boyfriend and another couple home with me who had never been to Turkey, Kas was my first choice as I had been there about 10 years ago. I found Club Barbarossa on Trip Advisor and got in touch with Sevki, who is the owner. It was very important for me that my friends had the best first impression of Turkey and see our hospitality and the beauty of our Mediterrenean Coast. I am a very picky person and I am so glad we stayed at Club Barbarossa. Everyone was very friendly, courteous and attentive to our needs. The view from our room was breathtaking. I still remember waking up in the morning with the smell of fresh baked bread. The food was amazing. The chef made sure I had my favorite fresh peaches. We decided to go with Half board which means you get all you can eat breakfast and dinner included, drinks extra. I have to admit the drinks were a little pricey but it was not a deal breaker for us. If you have a very stressful job like I do and all you want to hear on your vacation is the sound of nature with chirping birds, smell the flowers and rest your soul and take a nap by the Mediterrenean, then this is the place to go. We liked it so much that we are going back in Sept 2010 again. Cleanliness is a big thing for me and our room was very clean. Nihal, the young lady at the front desk, welcomed us at the door as we got off our shuttle service who picked us up from the Dalaman airport. She was such a sweetheart. This place was so peaceful. If you go, splurge and request a room with sea view with a balcony. It is worth it if you love nature as much as I do. And there is no way I can explain the color of the water unless you see it with your own eyes. It is so clean and clear. Also make sure you take advantage of the daily trips. We did kayaking in Kekova and visited Meis island. We have lots of beautiful memories and over 3000 photos :-). Feel free to drop me a line if you have any questions.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 19, 2009

We stayed in this hotel for 4 nights, the staff were very friendly and willing to help, the breakfast was good, hotel is clean and quiet.
We enjoyed our stay very much and will select this hotel to stay in any time we chose to go to that area.
The area of the hotel (kizkalesi) is quiet and very nice.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank alghazi
Reviewed October 7, 2009

Boutique Club Hotel Barbarossa
Barbarossa is a wonderful place to visit. It is surrounded by a true natural beauty and has its own unique charm! The hotel has a breathtaking panorama to the turquoise Mediterranean and a beautiful mountain. If you need to relax and enjoy a nice lazy time off, you can just lay down by the water, enjoy the warmth of the sun and the beauty of the sea …and forget about everything else in the world. It takes much less time here to relax and rejuvenate. There is something in the air that makes you feel rested and happy. One can take a nice morning walk around the Kas peninsula. It’s a lovely start of the day in the crisp air enjoying the view of the sunrise above the mountains, the beautiful villas and the crystal blue waters of the sea. Peace and beauty! You take a quick refreshing swim in the sea water pool or right in the sea. It is cool and so beautiful. The rooms are charming with the unique homely feeling of a traditional Turkish coziness. The staff is so friendly that you soon forget that you are a guest here. The waiters are fluent in Turkish and English. And if you can appreciate a really good food, this is a place for you. The owner of the hotel personally attends to every detail of making your stay as pleasant and memorable as possible. I travel a lot. I have been to many places with incredibly beautiful nature and highest quality of service. Club Hotel Barbarossa is really special.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank europeanDC
Reviewed October 2, 2009

The hotel location is a quiet area with its own access to the beatiful sea. It offers excellent Turkish food (as an example home baked bread three times per day), spacious comfortable rooms and very friendly staff. The hotel owner is a vey fascinating guy with an "international" interesting life, but simultaneously very much involved his Turkish origin, who spent the evenings personally checking that all his guests are fine.I have spent one week with my family and I have to say I've never been better served. The restaurant has an excellent view of KAS bay. I would definitely recommend for both family vacation or a small group of friends.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family