“Felt like I'd stepped into a luxury travel brochure”

Lukka Exclusive Hotel
Ranked #4 of 46 Hotels in Kas
Vancouver, Canada
“Felt like I'd stepped into a luxury travel brochure”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

This hotel was a little tricky to find, as it was located on a peninsula and would have been very difficult to get to without a car. There was a narrow, steep, winding driveway to get to the hotel itself, but once there we found it to be charming and impeccably clean. The staff were attentive and friendly, the location was exceptional with the most amazing western-facing view over the ocean, and the pool was large and spotless. We hardly saw any other guests there so it was like our own private oasis. This would not be a good place to stay if you have trouble with stairs, as it is not wheelchair or walker accessible. We had two dinners at the hotel and they were both fantastic. The breakfasts were good too, with lots of selection and made-to-order eggs (although, with the language barrier, poached eggs became fried eggs). The beach towels were more like tea towels, but not a big deal. Unfortunately it was extremely windy on two of our three days so we only had one afternoon where we could relax around the pool. The room was large and spacious with all the amenities provided. I loved the purple and white theme, the special touches like cozy sitting areas, a pool bar, and the fantastic sunsets. This is the first hotel I've ever stayed at where we could enjoy the cabanas without paying an extra fee. I loved it here!

Room Tip: All the rooms seem to have a view of the ocean.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Linda L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Surrey
Reviewed October 12, 2013

The setting of this hotel is lovely, the views and sunsets stunning. As there are only 18 rooms, with no children under 12, we were always able to find a quiet spot either by the pool or down by the sea.
We weren't so impressed with our room. There was no tea tray, no bedside lamps and no complimentary water. The flat screen TV had no English channels. We had issues with Wi-Fi. The curtains let in all the light and we could hear other guests through the walls. The decor was weird. It was however, a good size, clean and had a fridge and a safe. The bathroom was ok although we found it difficult to regulate the shower. Why were the bath towels presented on two hangars?!
Breakfast was good with fresh orange juice.
I personally wouldn't want to stay here without a car, although I know people do.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Travelgirl1360
London
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I spend over 60 nights a year in hotels but I don't write many reviews as generally I find I don't have much of interest to add to the reviews already online. I felt I had to post one on the Lukka hotel as my experience here seems so far removed from virtually anyone else. I have tried to stick just to the facts and I mentioned all of the following points to Tuba, the excellent member of staff who was friendly and helpful throughout our stay.

Most guests will either arrive at Dalaman or Antalya and then have a usually hot and always winding journey of over 2 hours to get to the hotel. When we arrived there was no welcome drink not even a glass of water and it was suggested we use the minibar in the room. Fair enough but hardly the sort of welcome you expect at €220 a night. On arriving at the room there was a bag of stinking rubbish outside the room door, the stench of which lingered for a long time after; on mentioning this to reception it was neutralised by an almost as unpleasant very strong smelling deodoriser.

The baskets of towels around the pool and sea area were empty on the first 3 times we tried to find a towel and there were half empty coffee cups left on tables around the pool area for hours on end, despite staff at both locations sat behind there desks seemingly more interested in mobile phones and computers. Another guest cleared the cups away in the end.

The problem seems to be that the staff, with the exception of Tuba, looked completely bored and disinterested. We didn't see one of them smile once which didn't exactly add to a happy holiday atmosphere.

At breakfast we had to look through the piles of cereal bowls every morning to find ones that hadn't got remnants of the previous day on them. I was also informed at 8am that "butter was finished" - they did find some however. The orange juice was put out one morning and was fizzy and off.

We had a room at the front of the hotel overlooking the pool the lights of which were left on all night. This combined with the thin white curtains felt like going to bed in the middle of the afternoon. It caused me problems sleeping but I understand that some people will not find this a problem at all.

The position of the hotel is beautiful (albeit lots of stairs and a steep climb up out of the hotel itself) and the room was kept very clean by the staff.

As I have said I have pointed this all out to Tuba so hopefully when you visit there might be a few more smiles and someone might have had a word about the washing up.

14 Thank AndyJonesLondon
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We booked this hotel after much research and I am happy to say that it lived up to and even exceeded our expectations - it really is as beautiful as it looks. There are spectacular views from the sunbathing areas, a great swimming pool and access to swim in the beautiful turquoise sea from the rocks.
We personally did not find the need for a car, (hotel arranged taxi transfer to/from Dalaman for less than I could find anywhere else) and to us it was in the perfect location. It was some distance away from town of Kas, (we did hear of one or two people who walked but guess it must have taken at least 45 minutes) but it was the 'first stop' on the dolmus/bus running to/from Kas every half hour, which meant we always managed to get a seat.
Yes there are lots of steps in and around the hotel, but it is situated on a hill and you wouldn't get the benefit of the stunning views and the option to swim in the sea without needing to climb a few steps. I would suggest that for anyone with mobility problems, the peninsular itself is probably not the place for you as all of the hotels we saw were the same!
We found the staff to be extremely helpful - it seemed they could not do enough to make your stay as special as possible. Some previous reviewers stated that they felt they were young and a bit inexperienced, but we did not find this at all and were more than satisfied with the answers given to any questions we had.
This was our first visit to Turkey/Kas and we are already trying to plan a return trip to Lukka Hotel next year.

Room Tip: Seaview room was well worth the extra cost -the view is stunning
1 Thank ANDYSH1963
Germany
Reviewed October 6, 2013

The views from the pool, breakfast / restaurant area were lovely and each night was a great place to see the sunset. The area for guests down on the water's edge has plenty of sun lounges and cabanas and is also served by a bar, and was a great place to spend the day enjoying the sun and water. The hotel is out of town, and too far to walk, but was a 5-10 min drive to the centre of Kas. Hotel has plenty of parking on site.

Breakfast was lovely (especially the rose jam) with plenty of home-cooked pastries and goodies. We ate one evening in the hotel and the food was good, but not outstanding. Friendly staff throughout the hotel which made for a very comfortable visit.

The room we booked was spacious and had a garden balcony which was nice to enjoy the afternoon sun, however next time I would definitely book early and upgrade to a sea-view room given how stunning the views are overlooking the coast. The room was a little noisy at times from the room above moving chairs on their floor, but overall it wasn't too bad.

Room Tip: Definitely go for a room with a sea view. All sea rooms have a balcony and chairs to enjoy the fanta...
4 Thank Harry_kap
Kootenays, BC, Canada
Reviewed October 2, 2013

The ONLY reason I didn't rate this hotel as "excellent" is because of the HUGE volume of stairs to get to the rooms. Turkey is NOT easily-accessible for anybody with physical limitations or handicaps! However, that being said, this hotel is worth the "hike". I have travelled fairly extensively, and this hotel was one of the few with a jaw-dropping view & ambience.

We spent 2 nights here on our travels across the country of Turkey, and this hotel was like a tranquillizer for a frazzled traveller! I was awe-struck with the surroundings - this hotel is stunning. The rooms were large & well-equipped, and the bathrooms were what I called "a party room" - absolutely huge!

We loved the restaurant, too. The food was fabulous & so beautifully presented (photos attached of both the hotel & meals). The staff were delightful & friendly, and incredibly helpful.

This hotel is a full-service hotel, and in all honesty, we saw no reason to leave it for anything other than sight-seeing! Rather than dine in Kas, we chose to return to the hotel to eat in their fabulous restaurant. You do require a vehicle, as this hotel is not in town or within walking distance of anything other than other boutique hotels.

I would definitely recommend this hotel - unless you have physical problems. Then... perhaps not! But if you're able-bodied, don't look anywhere else for an amazing place to stay!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank KellyBS123
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 23, 2013

My mother and I recently returned from a 7 day stay at the Lukka. The hotel is absolutely beautiful. Our room was spotlessly clean and very tastefully decorated with a huge balcony overlooking the ocean. We could not have hoped for anything better. The food at the hotel is fantastic, although we ate out in Kas most nights, we had lunch at the hotel almost every day and it never failed to be delicious.

Burak and Tuba at reception were incredibly helpful with all aspects of our trip, nothing was too much trouble, they were a credit to the hotel, as was the owner who made both my mother's and my stay very comfortable and was always ensuring we were happy.

If there was one negative, it was this, The Lukka is absolutely perfect if you are looking for total privacy and total relaxation. It is quiet, remote and most of the staff are polite, but very reserved. However, if you are looking for a slightly more lively holiday, and a convivial atmosphere, you may be a little disappointed.

Other than that, the Lukka is wonderful and I would recommend it highly.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family